Quote Originally Posted by GarGar View Post
    "Daginni is now Looking to Play."

Truth.
    I am always looking to play.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokom View Post
    I checked the first thread to confirm my suspicions, and, as I thought, it is Pickley.

I tend to do this too, I think it's because I don't generally want to assert that I know things that I'm not sure of. Though it wouldn't surprise me if it's also due to some sort of innate guard present to try to protect me from being proven wrong...
    Oh, I finished reading what you have up of Broken Wings, Scattered Dust. I greatly enjoyed it. There are a few spots toward the beginning that I thought seemed kind of awkward, and I can pm you those passages and my reasons for thinking that later, if you'd like. The reason for Eve having strange magic is going to bug me for a while now, though...
    The Chemist! \o/

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best

Deleted
    04:54 - Daginni: But im sorry Aryd. I really should be getting to bed, and you keep distracting me. We simply must talk tomorrow.
    04:54 - Aryd: Oh, what a shame

I think he might be legit this time.

Quote Originally Posted by GarGar View Post
    Hmm...

Maybe I'll just retire to there someday, then.
    I spose if you are fine with the cold winds, sure.
    I think there are nicer places to live though, with better weather.

I am back. Today was one of those presentations they give where they try to remind you to be your best at everything you do. It was rather boring. As it turns out I got the teachers I wanted for Maths and Chemistry, so I'm happy about that, but I got a different Japanese teacher, which is really annoying because I don't want a male teacher.

Also, Blue, nice to see you got the name change. Can I still call you Blue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    I doubt you'll be able to find a Sprite replacement.
    That's like taking the fountain of youth and replacing it with tonic water
    marriage is when you bet someone half your stuff they won't leave

Quote Originally Posted by Aryd View Post
    04:54 - Daginni: But im sorry Aryd. I really should be getting to bed, and you keep distracting me. We simply must talk tomorrow.

I think he might be legit this time.
    The greatest trick the devil did was tricking us that he doesn't exist.

---------- Post added 2013-02-04 at 12:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hetalia McAzuslut View Post
    I am back. Today was one of those presentations they give where they try to remind you to be your best at everything you do. It was rather boring. As it turns out I got the teachers I wanted for Maths and Chemistry, so I'm happy about that, but I got a different Japanese teacher, which is really annoying because I don't want a male teacher.
    You don't want a male teacher? Why be this?

I think he might be legit this time..
    Totally legit... Um... I mean..

* Snores loudly and exaggerated on Freys neck

Deleted
    Why would the gender of a teacher matter in the slightest?

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    The greatest trick the devil did was tricking us that he doesn't exist.
    Comparing Dags to the devil?
    Wow, even by my standards that's hardcore.

I spose if you are fine with the cold winds, sure.
    I think there are nicer places to live though, with better weather.
    Cold weather is the best weather.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tend to do this too, I think it's because I don't generally want to assert that I know things that I'm not sure of. Though it wouldn't surprise me if it's also due to some sort of innate guard present to try to protect me from being proven wrong...
    My conscious reasons for doing that are so I can't be blamed if I'm wrong later on, and that it's perfectly possible that I'm wrong since I'm only human and the perceptions with which I see the world are not infallible.

Oh, I finished reading what you have up of Broken Wings, Scattered Dust. I greatly enjoyed it. There are a few spots toward the beginning that I thought seemed kind of awkward, and I can pm you those passages and my reasons for thinking that later, if you'd like. The reason for Eve having strange magic is going to bug me for a while now, though...
    PMing me problem passages would help, if it's not too much trouble, but I'm kind of in a several-week-long motivational (read: not inspirational) rut. I'd expected to run into demotivation several times, but this one is just...bleak, barren, and it's looking more and more likely that I might not be able to get out of it.

As for Eve'...well, knowing her full name might help you figure it out. I can explain further if need be; it's a minor reveal-thing I'm planning on but nothing plot-critical.

Also, Blue, nice to see you got the name change. Can I still call you Blue?
    Feel free. I respond to any of the names I've ever gone by (it's a long list).

Why would the gender of a teacher matter in the slightest?
    Because I notice differences in how each gender teaches. I prefer female teachers for languages and social sciences, but male for science and maths. Just teaching methods they use. I may be crazy, but I see a difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daginni View Post

Don't make me poke you in steam

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best

Comparing Dags to the devil?
    Wow, even by my standards that's hardcore.
    Oh no, he is not the devil, I just couldn't think of a better saying.

Quote Originally Posted by kortin View Post
    The only reason he gets as many followers is not because he has decent streaming skills, oh no, he lost those long, long ago, it's because they're bored and have nothing better to do with their lives and/or haven't realized the decay in quality. Much like Yogscast viewers now..
    I know I have bad taste in some things but saying I don't know even know how to spend my time

ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni View Post

Dag never sleeps. Possibly true story.

Quote Originally Posted by Melange View Post
    Feel free. I respond to any of the names I've ever gone by (it's a long list).
    Melionos, Blue, Melange. That's all I can think of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solazz View Post
    I know I have bad taste in some things but saying I don't know even know how to spend my time

ouch.
    I wasn't aware this existed. If you like it, then you like it. People can tell you all day what you should/shouldn't like but they can't change what you actually like.

10+ Year Old Account
    tfw no good sigs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melange View Post
    I do stumble over words a lot, but mostly because my mind and mouth are on two different wavelengths. I'll just as often skip thoughts and make mental leaps that make sense to nobody except those who are constantly exposed to them (read: my family and a select few friends, i.e. Valcron).

It's funny, my friendship with Valcron, really. We hardly ever talk (once every few weeks, if that), but when we do, it's like we never stopped.
    Hah. I have that similar tendency. I can, if I'm not distracted, keep control over it and keep my jumps of thought from going too far, but even then sometimes I will pull something seemingly out of nowhere and then have to explain my thought process afterwards (which I am not good at doing, what occurs in my thoughts is nothing less than a jumbled mess of words).

And this is why people who just spam Let's Plays tend not to do well. You can't just play games and talk over them and expect those videos to do well over time. People get used to things, they want more, and if you don't put any effort into improving you will fall short of their expectations by increasingly larger amounts as you keep pumping out piss-easy videos.

There's also the factor of familiarity; one thing I've noticed is that most top-end streamers or video makers have quirks that they adhere to almost to a fault. Guardsman Bob will always close his stream out by saying "Good Night" several times quietly after playing the Muppet Show credits; TotalBiscuit always opens his videos with "Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to [insert title here]" and closes them with "Thank you for watching". It's just professionalism, really, but it's professionalism that isn't observed by most casual streamers like...well, all of us, basically, Valcron/Dembai/Ruom included.
    That's another thing, when I'm around people I don't know very well in real life, I have a tendency to be incredibly polite. Like, "old man" levels of formal. I've wrecked my chances with someone several times thanks to that tendency. I try to be polite and only come off as creepy. ._.
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

Deleted
    Because I notice differences in how each gender teaches. I prefer female teachers for languages and social sciences, but male for science and maths. Just teaching methods they use. I may be crazy, but I see a difference.
    I can understand you there, even the subtle things like hand gestures can affect learning I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    sigh busy busy busy