Quote Originally Posted by Daginni View Post
    Design something better, and I am sure you can have a muffin. It isn't as easy as it sounds.

Right... bed.
    I'm not saying it is horrible, but every creature I saw in there reminded me of a Displacer Beast from D&D.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I'm not saying it is horrible, but every creature I saw in there reminded me of a Displacer Beast from D&D.
    It's true. lol So many tentacles.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesparks View Post
    I'll take your word for it, I'm just saying. They used the braids to effectively let them have on-screen sex that didn't push the maturity rating up any higher and was 100% safe for kids to watch but still deeply intimate for adults who understood what was going on.

It's just something I personally have an issue with because so many movies focus on love and whatnot. There's a really good reason I'm looking for a song for my protagonist that has no romantic undertones or a single instance of the word "love", and the same reason is behind the main duo being sisters. Not everything has to be about love.
    That has been something I have noticed quite a lot as I have watch plenty of movies on my movie channels. It seems like there is little reason for the love story to be in the movie other than to get a "hot" actress in there for some guys to fawn over, like in Transformers and what's her tits.

I'll take your word for it, I'm just saying. They used the braids to effectively let them have on-screen sex that didn't push the maturity rating up any higher and was 100% safe for kids to watch but still deeply intimate for adults who understood what was going on.

It's just something I personally have an issue with because so many movies focus on love and whatnot. There's a really good reason I'm looking for a song for my protagonist that has no romantic undertones or a single instance of the word "love", and the same reason is behind the main duo being sisters. Not everything has to be about love.
    Sorry im a bit of geek on Avatar.

Try watching The Extended cut it makes the film flow better.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    It's true. lol So many tentacles.
    And a lot of them had an extra pair of legs. I mean a displacer beast is basically a jaguar with an extra pair of legs and tentacles.

Was something to do with gravity, it was lighter so the animals were bigger meaning they needed more legs to move around.

Deleted
    Hungry at 5:12 am with no food

Wat do

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post

Wat do
    eat tiramisu
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

10+ Year Old Account
    That has been something I have noticed quite a lot as I have watch plenty of movies on my movie channels. It seems like there is little reason for the love story to be in the movie other than to get a "hot" actress in there for some guys to fawn over, like in Transformers and what's her tits.
    To be fair, the love is centric in Avatar (Jake feels for the Na'vi and thus switches sides), but yeah in a lot of movies they just tack on "there was a girl" for sex appeal. Honestly that's all it is in quite a few movies, and it gets on my nerves like nobody's business. I've been so overexposed to scantily clad women that what I'm attracted to has become something of the opposite: good-looking fully-clothed women (bonus points for ponytails and hoodies). Sex appeal is just one of the basest ways to sell something and I think of it as mildly underhanded and/or desperate--if you have to resort to sex appeal to sell something, it tells me there's not much else you have that I'd be interested in.

Like--this isn't the best example--but in Iron Man and the Avengers. They chose Scarlett Johansen to play the Black Widow. Okay fine, she's supposed to be attractive (I don't find her attractive personally). But what bugs me about that isn't that she's supposed to be hot, it's that they chose an actress who makes stunts look super-awkward. For how fit that character and accustomed to physical activity that character's supposed to be, Scarlett just doesn't make the stunts look fluid, natural, or comfortable. It bugs me something awful.

I won't mention Transformers because that movie is made of appeals to some of humanity's basest desires. It's not terrible, it's just not deep or intellectual at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Sorry im a bit of geek on Avatar.

Try watching The Extended cut it makes the film flow better.
    It's cool. I don't have an actual objective problem with Avatar besides lack of originality, but honestly that could be said to work in its favor since the Pandora is really, really alien. Having to follow a complicated storyline on top of that might've just been mental overload.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's awfully cold outside, I may have made a huge mistake by going to school.

Wat do
    Eat self

Quote Originally Posted by solazz View Post
    Eat self
    Last I knew, Alaitoc was not Pizza the Hut.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Last I knew, Alaitoc was not Pizza the Hut.
    Oh hai Chry!

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    That's when I just walk away from the machine.

To be fair, the love is centric in Avatar (Jake feels for the Na'vi and thus switches sides), but yeah in a lot of movies they just tack on "there was a girl" for sex appeal. Honestly that's all it is in quite a few movies, and it gets on my nerves like nobody's business. I've been so overexposed to scantily clad women that what I'm attracted to has become something of the opposite: good-looking fully-clothed women (bonus points for ponytails and hoodies). Sex appeal is just one of the basest ways to sell something and I think of it as mildly underhanded and/or desperate--if you have to resort to sex appeal to sell something, it tells me there's not much else you have that I'd be interested in.

Like--this isn't the best example--but in Iron Man and the Avengers. They chose Scarlett Johansen to play the Black Widow. Okay fine, she's supposed to be attractive (I don't find her attractive personally). But what bugs me about that isn't that she's supposed to be hot, it's that they chose an actress who makes stunts look super-awkward. For how fit that character and accustomed to physical activity that character's supposed to be, Scarlett just doesn't make the stunts look fluid, natural, or comfortable. It bugs me something awful.

I won't mention Transformers because that movie is made of appeals to some of humanity's basest desires. It's not terrible, it's just not deep or intellectual at all.

It's cool. I don't have an actual objective problem with Avatar besides lack of originality, but honestly that could be said to work in its favor since the Pandora is really, really alien. Having to follow a complicated storyline on top of that might've just been mental overload.
    Apparently Cameron had the story idea since highschool but i dont know what to believe. Complex story might have brought it low, it was a popcorn movie.

Those visuals were just wow and i cant wait for the sequel.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 05:18 AM ----------

Wat do
    Go to Mcdonalds for breakfast or weatherspoons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by solazz View Post
    Eat self
    http://i.imgur.com/FYZMs.jpg

NSFW

I wouldn't know to much about Scarlett Johansen, but companies need to start doing some of the less basic things. I think the main character needs to start dying more often in movies.

I think the one movie that surprised me a lot the last few years was Red, just something about that movie that I like a lot. The love story isn't overly played out, although it is how the movie starts, but they don't force it down your throat every two minutes. Not many movies would dare kill Morgan Freeman.

I wouldn't know to much about Scarlett Johansen, but companies need to start doing some of the less basic things. I think the main character needs to start dying more often in movies.

I think the one movie that surprised me a lot the last few years was Red, just something about that movie that I like a lot. The love story isn't overly played out, although it is how the movie starts, but they don't force it down your throat every two minutes. Not many movies would dare kill Morgan Freeman.
    My immediate thought there was "Oh noes, God is dead!"...

Do you watch Game of Thrones? happens a lot there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have spotted a Mixxy!