Page 1 of 52
... LastLast
    Deleted

[Megathread] Cube World

Cube World is an action RPG with a huge randomly generated world. It's inspired by games like minecraft, diablo and zelda.
    You can currently buy into the Alpha right now, this includes Beta access and a full copy of the game on release.

Website here:https://picroma.com/cubeworld
    Buy it here:https://picroma.com/buycubeworld
    Last edited by mmoc2aff718493; 2013-07-05 at 03:44 PM.

Deleted
    Saw something about this quite a while ago but was in very early stages then. Looks absolutely amazing now and could be endless hours of fun by the looks of it.

Deleted
    wow this looks like an awesome game!
    first i thought it was just some cheap knockoff with a gimmick but it looks really good and seems fun

I love it already for the same reason I fell in love with runescape so long ago. SO MUCH SPACE! To do whatever you want

10+ Year Old Account
    Shame that the multiplayer will be so small, would love to see at least up to 20-50 players on the map...
    -K

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post

Anybody else excited for this?
    I'm now

Wow I had forgotten about this game. I've been waiting for a while for this to come out. At this point, my hype has kind of died down for it, but I like forgetting about it for a few months and then finding that some new videos have been uploaded. It makes sense that it's taking so long considering that it's just one guy working on it. I'm really impressed by what he's done so far and I will wait patiently for the finished product.

If anybody wants to see more, this is the developer's channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/WollayFX/videos?view=0
    This is his blog, which he updates more often: http://wollay.blogspot.com/
    Last edited by Wynnyelle; 2013-01-20 at 03:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No ETA yet? Looks like it has a lot of potential.

Yes, very excited, been following for over a year or so. I was ecstatic when he added gliders. Can't wait to play this in Co-op.

It looks like it'd be genuinely relaxing to play, alone or with friends.

Looks really awesome, the way you can design your own weapons / shields etc, and the destruction of the world looks awesome.
    {◕ ◡ ◕}

10+ Year Old Account
    Resurrecting the thread as I've just been informed of this game and it looks awesome! More people need to check it out!

A few people have been showcasing the game on YouTube such as members of the YoGsCast (Bluexephos & InTheLittleWood)
    The game is in closed alpha as of now, But open beta has been rumored to be open to the public within the next few weeks!

Cubeworld went though kickstarter a while ago and was sucessfully funded, here is the website if you'd like some more info!

10+ Year Old Account
    This is actually a game that thoroughly has impressed me instantly. That rarely happens.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cludo View Post
    Cubeworld went though kickstarter a while ago and was sucessfully funded
    Pretty sure it didn't, Wollay has mostly funded it himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Pretty sure it didn't, Wollay has mostly funded it himself.
    My mistake, I though I read somewhere that It did. You were correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cludo View Post
    My mistake, I though I read somewhere that It did. You were correct.
    Really surpised it hasn't though, can't see it not making any rational amount. I guess the extra money would only really enable him to hire some people and he seems happy doing it as is.

The only black mark of the game is no mods, but if the developers are passionate enough (and they truly seem to be) perhaps it'll become trivial.

The game came to my attention through the YC and it looks pretty darn awesome, and what Minecraft "should've been" (in my view).
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    The only black mark of the game is no mods, but if the developers are passionate enough (and they truly seem to be) perhaps it'll become trivial.

The game came to my attention through the YC and it looks pretty darn awesome, and what Minecraft "should've been" (in my view).
    The cool thing is how smooth it looks. It just looks amazing altogether.
    Last edited by Duronos; 2013-07-02 at 01:51 AM.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSupremus View Post
    Shame that the multiplayer will be so small, would love to see at least up to 20-50 players on the map...
    wouldnt that be an mmo..

---------- Post added 2013-07-02 at 12:05 AM ----------

yeah recently watched a vid and it does look fun but just like minecraft and terraria they just endup being solo experiences for me as i never ahve anyone to play with

10+ Year Old Account
    This actually looks fun. Amazing it's only one guy doing it. I wanna see more on the crafting and stuff though. These games really don't grab me unless it has good customization. Replay value should be high though, since there's 8 classes to play.