GPU Upgrade help

Howdy, I'm purchasing http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/hp-pav...92850-pdt.html and I'd like to upgrade the Graphics card and Power supply unit, I have a £70 budget for the both and would preferably like to play some of the latest games on it, not too bothered about in-game gfx settings as my current setup can only play a few games at very low settings so anything is better.

Also inb4 build one yourself, It's a quick fix as my current tower died on me and typing all this from the onscreen keyboard on the Xbox has been fun.

Thank you for your help

10+ Year Old Account
    Chances are, you wont be able to get too much with that budget for BOTH the PSU and GPU. Best bet would be to find the best GPU that doesnt require a power cable.

The onboard GPU would basically be the same as anything you'd be able to afford.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Deleted
    7770 strongest gpu without needing any extra connectors iirc.
    likely out of budget though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really, no.

You really need to find out how much power your PSU has.

the one already in the system is 300w, the one i linked is 550w

Why are you using PCworld? I am not 100% sure on where you live but I am going to assume it is somewhere in Europe.

This is the first thing I saw when I went to Tigerdirect.com - http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...Sku=C122-G1424

It is $630 which is approximately 472 euros and is far better then what you are looking at buying (Note: I did not spend a lot of time looking around Tigerdirect, this is just something on the front page). You said your computer died but nothing is wrong with your monitor, there is really no reason to upgrade it unless it is dying or really outdated, but don't wasted around 500 euros on a piece of junk, do some research on various sites.

yeah i'm in the uk and i'd prefer to buy from a store than order online, i can't tell you why as i don't really know myself. and my monitor is still one of the old "breeze block" types, and I don't know anywhere else other than pc world i can shop from locally

Yeah, if you are going to want to buy it in a store such as a large retail place (Best Buy, PC World, etc) you are going to pay more for less. You can easily get a much better PC online for around 400euro and then a monitor for around 100 euros (Sorry, not sure how to do the Euro sign on my keyboard >_>), but if you don't want to order online you are going to get stuck doing that. The only real downside to ordering online is you will end up waiting probably 5-7 days depending on when you order for it to get to you but I would suggest it. I ordered all the parts for my system online and had no issue, and in the larger online retailers such as Tigerdirect, Newegg (Doesn't ship to EU), and a few others they generally have better sales. Good luck w/ whatever you choose though, you must be having a blast typing on an xbox currently

Quote Originally Posted by Darthmarcus28 View Post
    yeah i'm in the uk and i'd prefer to buy from a store than order online, i can't tell you why as i don't really know myself. and my monitor is still one of the old "breeze block" types, and I don't know anywhere else other than pc world i can shop from locally
    Ok you are not going to be able to get anything good with only 70euros, the power supply you have now with it can barely run the processor, so it would be pretty expensive.
    Last edited by Iyarashii; 2013-01-13 at 07:59 PM.

Where abouts in the UK are you? If you're up around Leeds you may be able to check out CCL Computers, otherwise check out Novatech or Overclockers, they all do decent value gaming systems that are at the very least, better than PC World, theres plenty of good ones around the London area as well

Lincoln, My whole budget is £490 and i have thought about ordering online, but the waiting is what's getting me.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthmarcus28 View Post
    Lincoln, My whole budget is £490 and i have thought about ordering online, but the waiting is what's getting me.
    It's better to wait for a few days then to need to replace your computer again in a year or 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    Ok you are not going to be able to get anything good with only 70euros, the power supply you have now with it can barely run the processor, so it would be pretty expensive.
    Not true. Your system likely doesn't even break 100w unless game. If you pushed the system to 100%, it would be about 140w. A 300w power supply may be low, but it could support up to a 650 TI.

Please don't post bad info.