15+ Year Old Account

HTC One X Complete shutdown-- need some help/advice

Hello there, i'm in need some help. ( donno if this is the right subforum)

I am experiencing what seems to be a complete shutdown of my HTC One X.
    It started Friday, when i received a new update for android. since the update my phone started to randomly shut down a few times and then reboot.

I didn't think much of it until Saturday morning, when it got extremely hot and stated a reboot loop. I then stopped it by pushing the power button for about 10 sec which did a reset. After it cooled down i booted my phone and i could get another update. (meanwhile, it rebooted and heated up a few times while on my way home)

Hoping that the new update would resolve my problems i got home to my WIFI. After i downloaded and installed the update it went from bad to worst. After it rebooted as it should, it had wiped my contacts and massage and it started the setup. It then got from bad to worse, and started to randomly reboot. I gave up and left it on the charger overnight but it didn't charge at all, the led wasn't on.

It wouldn't start today (Sunday morning) and it only shortly shows the HTC One X screen of start up ( only the first one) and then powers down.

My own conclusion: I think it could be a multitude of problems. Ether the thermal paste/cooling system got lose from the Processor, and thus overheated it or the new updates messed with the drivers for the battery, draining and overheating it. ( i based this on my experience with PC's and similar problems with them)

I have been searching and i wanted to try this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=27996240 However i can't get SDK running, as i don't have a JAVA emulator running and i'm not familiar with it.

I am planning to take it back to the store Tomorrow, however i'd still like to try and retrieve my phone's information, as it contains some vital information for work/school.

Is there anyone who could help me ? are there some tutorials to haw to operate SDK and other needed software ?

(sorry for the long post and bad english (it's not my native language) i just got very frustrated. i just want my phone back to a functioning state)
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

15+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why you need to ask us....turn it in to fix it (or get a new one if they can't fix it)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post

I am planning to take it back to the store Tomorrow, however i'd still like to try and retrieve my phone's information, as it contains some vital information for work/school.
    That's why. Only my messages and contacts where gone, but even my whatsapp and music where still on the phone.

When you turn it on, it just boots to the HTC logo and then shuts down? Try charging it. If if continues shutting down, take it to the store for a fix, Maybe they can save it. Also, do you have an SD card on your phone?
    Last edited by Nab; 2013-01-13 at 07:20 PM.
    Playing since 2007.

15+ Year Old Account
    I tried charging it, nut it seems that it doesn't do that. The red led won't go on. Also, it doesn't have an SD card, as it doesn't support external memory :S