Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Why does GC only answer questions about Disc/Holy?

I notice in every single set of patch notes or blue posts, there are never questions about Shadow Priests that he answers. It's always about healing. Every other class and spec he answers questions about. Does he just not like Shadow Priests? Or does he just feel we aren't in need of SOME type of dps boost? We aren't the only spec that is good in pve/pvp, so why do they feel buffing us is going to alter pvp that much?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerofpope View Post
    I notice in every single set of patch notes or blue posts, there are never questions about Shadow Priests that he answers. It's always about healing. Every other class and spec he answers questions about. Does he just not like Shadow Priests? Or does he just feel we aren't in need of SOME type of dps boost? We aren't the only spec that is good in pve/pvp, so why do they feel buffing us is going to alter pvp that much?
    Blizzards developers only tackle the questions they want. If the question is not to their liking, they wont answer it. Textbook behaviour refined by the best.

Deleted
    GC is not the only one to respond to class discussions, especially priests. Wish people would stop finger pointing at an individual but the attitude in question.

There many possible reason's why they haven't answered many questions (as a result making you feeling ignored and entitled to a response). They are probably working and drafting out responses, figuring out how to fix an issue before making any promises, discussing solutions behind the scenes, questions are of poor quality.
    Last edited by mmoc472a5d728c; 2013-01-13 at 07:16 PM.

You should look closer. Shadow has been discussed several times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chosenkiwi View Post
    GC is not the only one to respond to class discussions, especially priests. Wish people would stop finger pointing at an individual but the attitude in question.

There many possible reason's why they haven't answered many questions (as a result making you feeling ignored and entitled to a response). They are probably working and drafting out responses, figuring out how to fix an issue before making any promises, discussing solutions behind the scenes, questions are of poor quality.
    Thanks for the attitude. I in no way feel "entitled" to anything on this game. If you can't answer without being a dick then don't respond. I simply stated the only Priests answers I ever see are from GC, and they are ALWAYS about Disc/Holy. The only Shadow responses I've seen have come from T15 2/4PC set bonus being weak and ill-designed.

Did you ever notice how IGNORANT he is to the problems of holy and disc in PVE?

"People would probably play holy more if they didn't chose to play disc"

REALLY? What kind of response is that to the holy problems....

Quote Originally Posted by HolyLathusDisc View Post

It's an awful response, and frankly Blizzard is avoiding talking about holy like its the plague. The mentality that nerfing disc down will make people switch to holy is absurd. The benefits of disc are better than holy in practically all cases. GC needs to start talking on what their plans are with chakra and holy's regen capabilities.

Posts like this make me wish Blizzard would never answer anyone's questions. Some of you people read way too much into things.

Deleted
    Because Blizzard doesn't know WTF to do with shadow. They're out of inspiration, at a loss. I remember during MoP development how they were so utterly silent about priest in general. People like to compare holy with disc, but it boils down to absorb healing being OP (or UP like in start). Instead of making disc less about absorbs, they added 1 min CD which turns every bloody heal into absorbs which boils down to a raid-wide CD. It is just very difficult to balance. But with shadow the issue is it is impossible to balance shadow in both PvP (where it is strong) and PvE (where it is mediocre, and at some points, weak). Its broken. With every class now having utility, the reason to pick a shadow priest is on some fights "has a healer OS". Or maybe Blizzard is silent because they're up to some bigger change. One can dream, yes?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've personally gotten like 4 GC responses on Shadow in the last month.

You do need to look a little closer.

I have to admit, buffing shadow priest's damage could be very risky considering pvp. I play a lot of arenas currently, 2-2.2k rating, and if they buff my damage it will make me way to strong, considering the utility I can provide my team aswell. But on the other hand, I've seen some "ok" solutions. Nerfing our dot damage a bit, and buffing the mind flay to do " a lot " more damage. By personal experience, do I have to admit that mind flay is kind of my last spell to use in pvp. I rather get dot's out, dispel enemy team an/or shield/heal my own team, so it could be a descent solution. But I am also afraid it would make our single target damage to high, and make mind spike complelty useless, considerin mind flay prob would do more damage.

As shadow stands in pvp right now, their multi dot damage is high and provide heavy single target damage on demand because of proccs. So I just assume that's blizzard dilemma currently.

Anyone agree?

Edit: GC is as always answering diplomatic, and he rarely say anything wrong, because most of the time he dosn't even answer the question. But to be fair, he has to answer so many question each day, I would assume it is hard to take time and consider all of them properly before he answers. Wow got to many players to answer them all, but I would love some better answers myself.

-Tobbx
    Last edited by Tobbx; 2013-01-14 at 10:39 AM.

Well, with his latest answers regarding holy vs. disc issues, it may be for the best that he doesn't answer any spriest questions.

they also hinted out that they don't want holy to be strong with another post along the lines of:

Disc has stronger ability in raids yes, we wouldn't want 2 really strong healing specs because other healers would be mad.

Basically, they said they know holy is weak and they want it to stay that way.

Apparently they don't want us to have 2 healing specs anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Blizzards developers only tackle the questions they want. If the question is not to their liking, they wont answer it. Textbook behaviour refined by the best.
    They only answer questions they want on their free time? Outrageous!

Not to mention most of the questions they don't answer are poorly formulated angsty 'buff me now!' questions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrai View Post
    They only answer questions they want on their free time? Outrageous!

Not to mention most of the questions they don't answer are poorly formulated angsty 'buff me now!' questions.
    Thats not even close to what i said. Congratulations to twisting my words to make a point

15+ Year Old Account
    He actually only answers questions about disc. In his latests posts on questions about disc and holy he always skips the holy part of the question and only answers the disc part.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shadow priests severely lack burst dmg in a form of a strong CD. Any plans on adding new cooldowns or improving current?
    @Ghostcrawler: @MichaNiech Surge of Darkness and Mindbender are decent burst buttons and we're trying to redesign Insanity to provide a third.
    (Source)
    He talks Shadow a bit, you just have to dig through the mess of the other 33 specs in the game to find them. And this was today.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2013-01-15 at 12:58 AM.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account

What holy problems?

If holy is played properly, it's as powerful as any other healing class.., the issue is that people just spam their buttons instead of playing with some foresight!

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    He actually only answers questions about disc. In his latests posts on questions about disc and holy he always skips the holy part of the question and only answers the disc part.
    He's busy /doublefacepalming over the holy complainers!

Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    What holy problems?

If holy is played properly, it's as powerful as any other healing class.., the issue is that people just spam their buttons instead of playing with some foresight!
    Yeah, no. It doesn't work that way. And you can ease off the backhanded insult to why people view the spec as having issues. Thanks.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    People would probably play holy more if they didn't chose to play disc
    I called him on this too.

Quote Originally Posted by chosenkiwi View Post
    I frequently respond to most Healing priest tweets. I see Twintop, Kelesti, and Nobody'sbaby as well.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    I've seen this. On the other hand, I imagine GC gets a LOT of tweets. I'm not twitter savvy enough to see them all. Just as well, I tend to be rather undiplomatic with idiocy.

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    Yes, very definitely. I barrage'd his twitter with holy questions lately (enough he probably wonders if I switched from Disc) and the first I hear of his replies on making Desperation and Focused Will, two favorite topics of mine, Holy-wide was on that PTR thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    What holy problems?

You're joking. Holy has serious utility problems, limitations because of Chakra, and a far-stricter then most mana pool.

Quote Originally Posted by crysie View Post
    It's an awful response, and frankly Blizzard is avoiding talking about holy like its the plague. The mentality that nerfing disc down will make people switch to holy is absurd. The benefits of disc are better than holy in practically all cases. GC needs to start talking on what their plans are with chakra and holy's regen capabilities.
    These are a few of my Holy Tweets, most of which I find GC's answers unsatisfactory.

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...14614204231680
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...14614204231680
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...11908609732609
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2013-01-15 at 01:53 AM.