Poll: Do you want the upgrade NPC removed?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    It was a horrible system to begin with. Aaaaaaand painful if you upgraded an item and an upgrade would drop a day later...... or worse and the item that drops would be an upgrade if it was upgraded as well but right now it's slightly shittiër....
    Friend: Dammit, I just upgraded this piece of gear and I got a better piece to drop!

Me: Aww that's too bad. *Inspects his gear* Say why didn't you upgrade [This Piece]? It's higher item level and your raid is several weeks off of getting X boss which would drop the only upgrade to that item?

Friend: Because ask Mr. Robot told me to upgrade this other piece.

Me: ... Again, why didn't you upgrade this other piece that made more sense to upgrade?

Friend: Because ask mr robot is the best web site ever.

Me: *facepalm*
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

It was a horrible system to begin with. Aaaaaaand painful if you upgraded an item and an upgrade would drop a day later...... or worse and the item that drops would be an upgrade if it was upgraded as well but right now it's slightly shittiër....
    Well I look at is as an optional small gear buff so you can spend your VPs somewhere.
    "Blizzard is not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over"

I think i'd rather want something 'more real' to spend my VP on. Upgrades are just a lame excuse if you ask me!
    made by Shyama

I figured it is being removed because with a new tier, upgrading it would make it too strong. Though with current gear, I don't understand why we won't be able to upgrade it still. Seems strange.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's no different than enchanting/gemming a piece and having a better one drop, which already happens.

And if the newly dropped piece will eventually be upgradeable, you're better off hanging onto it and upgrading it when it can be.

Leave the feature in, there's no reason to remove it. It's a good sink for valor points if you've got nothing else to spend them on.

It's not the smoothest system around since it means that the "stacking debuff" that it's meant to function as gets carried over to the following tier, either nerfing the initial difficulty or forcing it to be tuned around the upgraded ilvls.

On a personal note, I find it bit too grindy. It is also bit punishing to a player who misses a week of capping valor.

It makes PvP gear grind take even longer. I hope that we will never see it again in WoW.
    Hi

Deleted
    PvP shouldn't get access to it at all. It's already bad enough that people abuse the 483 PvP gear to get into PvE content, allowing them to be 491 is highly destructive to the PvE game balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    PvP shouldn't get access to it at all. It's already bad enough that people abuse the 483 PvP gear to get into PvE content, allowing them to be 491 is highly destructive to the PvE game balance.
    The 483 pvp gear costs conq points which (like valor) is capped weekly, and doesn't seem like a real 'fast track' into getting into raiding. And even if people are using this to get into PvE content, that content is probably LFR. Guilds can let whoever they want into their guilds/raids, so LFR is the only thing you can really 'force' yourself into by boosting your ilvl. The only way to really fast track yourself in endgame PvE would be to have some sort of amazing reputation or contacts that get you into a high end raiding guild that will feed you a ton of heroic raid gear that would probably be otherwise DE'd.

I think that the upgrade system is a boon for mid level pve players who will probably not be going into heroic raid content, yet can upgrade a few of their 496 pieces to get them better items than they would otherwise ever hope to achieve. For higher end raiders, it gives you something to actually use valor on that would otherwise be wasted, perhaps allowing you to 'pull forward' a few upgrades from the next tier (im guessing that upgraded heroic gear will be comparable to normal raid drops for 5.2).
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    Imo the only weird thing is that they're removing the right to upgrade pre-5.2 gear. I do believe that removing the gear upgrade for 5.2 items themselves is a good idea, other wise it would break the progression. But having the possibility to upgrade heroic gear was really awesome. I don't see the point in removing it, honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't spend any VP on item upgrades, just purchases, so that doesn't bother me.

I wish they would have kept the ability to upgrade gear via justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it just another way to be worried about being on par with others regarding gear.
    So i'd like it removed.

Deleted
    This is a really tricky one for me.

I liked it because apart from the initial development time people had stuff to spend there VP on every patch for ever and ever, it was quite a simple model.

You get gear from Raids (LFR, Normal or Heroics wherever your celling is).

You upgrade it via Valor.

Less development time making valor gear etc etc more time to produce more content.

But upgrading your gear did not fell as "good" as buying gear.

For my offspec I would spend my Valor on gear after getting everything I wanted from Valor for my Main Spec, with the upgrade system I felt I should upgrade my Main Spec gear first and I was never going to earn enough Valor, but then hopefully in 5.2 I will be able to select Off Spec gear when looting in LFR.

So I am not really sure how I fell about the upgrade system!

Can I have a "Not Sure Yet" options pls?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to keep it, simply disabling it for the current tier should be more than enough to keep it a "non essential" part of gearing up.

As a person who started MOP 3 months late (personal/family stuff got in the way) I'd like to have the opportunity to at least catch up with the rest of my (mostly very) casual guild. It's not like capping valor is difficult anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's fine for pve and would like a split, but not removed completely. It is a good sink imo, and totally optional. In pvp, not so much.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I get why they removed it, but don't get why they didn't foresee this happening.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a way for Valor-capped, geared raiders to spend all their extra VP. I support it.

It really was not satisfying or fun to have to upgrade gear i already earned. So I hope it never comes back. I would rather spend my excess valor getting gear for an offspec to play around with and have fun then upgrading my main spec some more.They could even replace the upgrade system with boe valor items like they did every tier prior to this for all those people who cry about not having any use for valor after they got their main stuff.

Yes, and don't want to see it back. Sadly, it sounds like it will be back in some kind of patch 5.3 though.

If they want to introduce features like these, they must give people options and not pigeon hole them in dailies. Make VP cappable through raiding, charms to be obtained by, e.g., crafting (as crafting is so dull now anyway), and rep being obtained via dungeons.

Oh and hard VP cap (3000) should go. People (including me) abuse exploits allowing to get around it as it is not possible to plan anything with such extremely low cap, but those exploits are tiresome and very inconvenient.