Poll: Do you want the upgrade NPC removed?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    No. I don´t do dailies, so I don´t have the standing with those factions to spend my VP there. Upgrading items is my only use for VP.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's one of the main reasons i decided to leave the game a few months ago. The fact that they've come back to it so quickly just shows how flawed the idea is.

I don't like to be farming points all season long just to get the most out of my gear, when my preferred playground (PvP) should just be about who is the better player. And not the most actively farming one.

However, i doubt i will come back at the game now. Maybe if the next expansion looks any better so i won't have such a major disadvantage as i do now by not having played a while.

Deleted
    Yes, the idea was just plain bad, and it's getting silly with the 'customization' of the gear in general, just let us equip the thing and be done. I also find it ridiculous that so many people voted No.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    It's one of the main reasons i decided to leave the game a few months ago. The fact that they've come back to it so quickly just shows how flawed the idea is.

I don't like to be farming points all season long just to get the most out of my gear, when my preferred playground (PvP) should just be about who is the better player. And not the most actively farming one.

However, i doubt i will come back at the game now. Maybe if the next expansion looks any better so i won't have such a major disadvantage as i do now by not having played a while.
    Even though I think valor/jp upgrades should stay, upgrades for pvp gear should stay out.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    Even though I think valor/jp upgrades should stay, upgrades for pvp gear should stay out.
    I would have zero issues with that. But for PvP it's just dumb.

I personally like the system, but not the cost involved. It's silly how much currency it costs to increase. If they lowered it down to maybe 200 valor / 500 justice per upgrade point, then it wouldn't be too much of an issue. Right now, unless I actually decide one day I want to get into normal raiding again, there is no point to upgrade over buying items that are more useful in the long run.

Having two systems that use valor is a little dumb imo, because one is always going to math out to be better.

I liked having a use for my excess VP, but oh well. I'll have to remember to upgrade all of my BoA stuff before the patch hits.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Hard enough getting capped on valour to obtain gear let alone get valour to upgrade your damn gear.

What I'm wondering is will we be compensated for the spent currencies that we used to upgrade gear? Would be rather... annoying to say the least if we didn't get anything in return for the jp/valour/honour/conq points we spent on gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Notamonk View Post
    Hard enough getting capped on valour to obtain gear let alone get valour to upgrade your damn gear.

What I'm wondering is will we be compensated for the spent currencies that we used to upgrade gear? Would be rather... annoying to say the least if we didn't get anything in return for the jp/valour/honour/conq points we spent on gear.
    They're removing the upgrade feature ,but upgraded items will keep their upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    This imbalances PvE vs. PvP gear, though. Either PvE gear becomes too good vs. PvP gear at the end of a season, or PvE gear is underpowered vs. PvP gear at the start.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    This imbalances PvE vs. PvP gear, though. Either PvE gear becomes too good vs. PvP gear at the end of a season, or PvE gear is underpowered vs. PvP gear at the start.
    PvE gear has no place in PvP anyway. Blizzard refusing to let go of people that insist on using it in PvP is only harming our game.

Let PvP gear crush the hell out of PvE gear.

I think the item upgrade feature is awesome - especially for those of us that don't do dailies. However, I also agree that temporarily removing the NPC makes sense at the beginning of the patch. As long as the NPC makes a return later on in the patch...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    No it was a useful Jp and Vp sink.
    It was also brilliant for alts, upgrading blues to 471.

I will greatly miss it.
    Exactly this.
    Also, taking into account the fact that in 5.2 all Valor Points earned over the cap will turn into Justice, removing NPC and not giving option to spend those JPs seems plain wierd.

Deleted
    Upgrading with JP should stay. That doesn't hurt anyone and helps alts and the people willing to put in extra work to catch up.

Upgrading with VP should be tweaked/removed. Currently I think it is very harsh that you can only upgrade 2 items every 3 weeks and also cannot save up more valor.

I mean think about it:
    16 (or 15 if you use 2h) slots * 1.5 = 24 (22.5) weeks. Now unless you are in a very good guild you will not be able to takle content that even remotely drops BiS until you went through a full gear iteration and a few weeks of raiding.

I am unsure how anyone will be able to get to competetive gear levels if you haven't raided (and capped valor) since day 1 unless they give out ilvl520+ (did they annouce gear yet?) stuff from regular bosses next patch which seems a bit excessive.

This is even more of an issue in PVP where you upgrade with the same points with which you buy.

Furthermore gear inflation by the end of the expansion will become a problem too because upgrading introduces a full new 'tier' of ilvls.

ilvl463 (dungeons) to ilvl517 (509heroic+8upgrade) that is 54 ilvls in 1 Tier of raiding.

It is just temporary, they will bring it back once 5.2 has been out long enough.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Valor upgrades would be fine if weekly valor cap was removed. Yes, some would grind valor 24/7 but that's their problem.

Justice upgrade should stay no matter what.

Deleted
    I'd like the upgrade feature to come back only if they removed Conquest/Valour upgrades, kept Justice/Honour and tweaked prices so upgrading a weapon and some bracers wouldn't cost the same. Otherwise I don't like the system at all, Conquest upgraded gear just makes the gear disparity even bigger then before, making it impossible for people to start PvPing unless the're farming conquest from week 1.

Who wants to spend 3 and a half months capping valor after you are fully geared? No one, that's who.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    It is just temporary, they will bring it back once 5.2 has been out long enough.
    Maybe, maybe not. They said they are going to evaluate the system, not temporarily remove it. IF it comes back, it will be completely different from the system we have now.