What now, grind or wait?

So Ive leveled my rogue to 90 last night and was wondering what to do now. He is almost honor caped full and Im not sure wether to gear him up or just wait for the new season. When is 5.2 comming anyways? So, I dont think I have a chance to gear him up decently for arenas this season and will only be wasteing my time. True?

Deleted
    I'd probably try and gear him up since Malevolent will still beat out the new honor gear being introduced but take it slowly. I wouldn't rush your conquest cap if you don't enjoy it. Do 2s with a good frost mage and you will do pretty good.

afaik from old xpacks. honor and CP is reseted to zero when new season begins. so why not get some shit now to make it less of a pain later?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

If i recall correctly you keep your honor but your conquest is reset. Id max my honor and my justice points to get as much as i can right when the patch hits. Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    afaik from old xpacks. honor and CP is reseted to zero when new season begins. so why not get some shit now to make it less of a pain later?
    dont you get to keep 4k honor?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duano View Post
    dont you get to keep 4k honor?
    you get to keep your honor. id just waste the honor as it hardly takes you few hours to cap it again with some luck.

Could always cap honor, then convert to justice and recap - when 5.2 arrives convert the justice back to honor.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dcruize View Post
    Could always cap honor, then convert to justice and recap - when 5.2 arrives convert the justice back to honor.
    capped on both justice and honor now... not sure what to do pvp wise with my rogue tho. only think I would like to play atm

Deleted
    It all comes down to:

- Will honor gear be as good as current Malevolent gear?

- Will the current upgraded gear keep its upgrades in 5.2?

- Will there be an honor weapon introduced?

Right now Blizzard has said that the honor gear in 5.2 will have an item level of 476, whereas the current malevolent gear is 483. If the current gear is not scaled down, as well as the upgrades being kept at their current item level, there will be a big gap in gear: 476 gear vs 491 gear which means a 15 item level difference from day 1 in the season. That's pretty fucking huge, and will put a one giant cock block on anyone who plans on rerolling, keeping alts active, starting to pvp in next season, or coming back to the game to pvp.

If no honor weapons are introduced (malovelent t1/t2 gear), and if upgrades are being kept, it will also put a big entry block on competetive pvp, which could easily mean a 15%-30% output difference based on weapon upgrades alone.

Hopefully Blizzard will realise these issues, and make a honor weapon avialable, downscale current gear to honor gear item level (476), and potentially remove/reduce the item level difference the upgrades are making.

My suggestion to you would be to get tier 1 and upgrade it twice (which means capping CP 3-4 weeks), and after that do something else until 5.2 arrives. It will take a lot of time in 2s to cap, because you can meet players in 485 item level + at 1500 playing healer/dps, which makes it almost impossible to beat with no gear (unless you counter comp it). But capping in 2s is mostly the only choice unless you plan to wintrade RBGs. If you are really dedicated you should do this.

If you don't bother getting tier 1 all you can hope is that Blizzard will make a pvp weapon buyable for honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    ... But capping in 2s is mostly the only choice unless you plan to wintrade RBGs. If you are really dedicated you should do this. ...
    Yeah cheating always works, in my opinion you should be banned from here for even suposing something like that.

Try to get 4k honor and just wait. Not fun doing 2's or BG's with bad gear.

Get 4p bonus from Pvp gear....even if you upgrade it later, it will be with you all the time....

Get pvp trinkets-medailon+on use....you will be replacing them last (low increase of stats compare to offset / set) ....

Then, get a ring-that one with hit+mastery.....good for pvp and pve....

And finally then, you can rest or grind some more...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GGashok View Post
    Yeah cheating always works, in my opinion you should be banned from here for even suposing something like that.
    I should probably haven't written it like that. Easy to misunderstand, and I am not suggesting to wintrade. I meant if you are really dedicated you should be capping points every week, and 2s is the only solution, unless you are one of those wintrade guys in RBGs. I don't wintrade, but a lot of people do, because it's the only way catch up in gear, assuming you aren't being boosted by geared players in the 3v3 bracket.

Get gear now and try to upgrade it before the NPCs are removed. You have between 1 and 2 months till 5.2