Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Why is mana static?

so i just leveled up my healer and did my first LFR

went pretty good. just 1 question.

why does every healer have 300k intellect, and why doesent my stats change when i swap gear etc ? its always 300k intellect

been away for a while , hence the stupid question

thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Intellect doesn't increase mana anymore. Mana is a fixed amount based on level and spec.

Do you mean 300k mana? Because mana is now capped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrdus View Post
    so i just leveled up my healer and did my first LFR

went pretty good. just 1 question.

why does every healer have 300k intellect, and why doesent my stats change when i swap gear etc ? its always 300k intellect

been away for a while , hence the stupid question

thanks
    300k mana not intellect. Intellect only increases spellpower and spell crit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't play a caster main, but I believe they made all the mana pools the same amount, and it no longer depends on how much intellect you have. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Formerly The Dwarf Lover (TDL)

Deleted
    yes mana bar i mean

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In 5.0 Blizz changed mana to be flat based on your level. This was to make spirit more important for healers, so they can regen faster in combat, instead of intellect to increase their total.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

*mana bar, but that's just semantics

They changed mana to no longer scale with intellect to increase the value of spirit and prevent intellect stacking from being the #1 goal of healing classes. Now Intellect only benefits spell power and some crit rating.

Mana pool sizes are fixed now based on spec and level. Your gear won't increase it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Potato Bus View Post
    *mana bar, but that's just semantics
    I would consider it more than jsut semantics, it kinda makes a difference to his question, considering the difference between mana and intellect. There is no intellect bar for one, and if everyone suddenly had 300k of it, w

10+ Year Old Account
    To prevent intellect stacking thus increasing your mana by large amounts was apparently not how Blizzard wanted us to play, thus it was made a fixed value for each level and spec.
    Surrounded by idiots

wtb 300k int O_O

But yea, what the others said... fixed mana n' stuff.....
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why dont they just give everyone 100 resource. All spells are based off of percents, why would it be such a huge change, they started with hunters already and it works decently.

Though, I miss the days where I could more or less see how geared a caster was based on his/her mana pool.
    Why is there no "Demonhunter" hero class yet? He was only the coolest hero in WC3. Get busy Blizzard.

The purpose was to make spirit more important so people would stop stacking intellect.

A whole lot of good that did, considering all we do now is stack Spirit.

Deleted
    Well we keep stacking spirit untill theres the point we regen fast enough for a 6-10min fight The problem with int it was THE stat to go for from start to end.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    The purpose was to make spirit more important so people would stop stacking intellect.

A whole lot of good that did, considering all we do now is stack Spirit.
    That was exactly the intent. You have to choose between regen and potency of heals rather than get spell power and an increased mana pool which increased regen by virtue of all the %mana refunds prior to MoP. Spirit was used as hybrid hit in Cata and nothing more. Now it's important for regen

Deleted
    I also believe blizzard made fixed mana pools so healers wouldn't have insane scaling issues, and it would be easier to balance mana cost on spells. For example, if blizzard was too worried about low geared healers and they made mana cost on certain spells low so they wouldn't go oom after 1 min. But in that case, good geared healers would be scaling too well, because when they stack intellect to get big mana pools they could just spam heals endlessly without having to worry about mana. They actually want mana to mean something throughout the expansion.

Deleted
    Every good healer rolls Gnome, 315k mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    That was exactly the intent. You have to choose between regen and potency of heals rather than get spell power and an increased mana pool which increased regen by virtue of all the %mana refunds prior to MoP. Spirit was used as hybrid hit in Cata and nothing more. Now it's important for regen
    My argument wasn't that they failed in making spirit more important. My argument is that now intellect isn't a choice anymore. Healers, at least until we start hitting the 525+ ilevels in t15, will always choose spirit over intellect. That is no different than how healers always chose intellect over spirit in Cataclysm.

And don't sit here and try to argue that intellect is a viable choice for some fights. Unless you stopped at normal mode raiding and didn't move onto heroics, spirit always has more weight than intellect does. Any (good) healer progressing heroic modes will tell you the same thing.

In fact, they went so far in the opposite direction, most of those abilities that used to be based off mana pool are now based off spirit instead. Rapture comes immediately to mind.

All spirit is in MoP, is the NEW Intellect. Until next expansion when that changes again because they realized they didn't find a happy medium.