Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Intentionally playing your class incorrectly on trial for a guild and complaining when you get declined. I don't get it... It takes 2 seconds of testing to see that Arcane Shot is much higher damage than spamming Cobra at focus cap, and as I said in my first post his excuse of "trying to get more Kill Commands" makes no sense as he only used it every 10 seconds despite it having a 6 second cooldown, even though you should easily be able to get Kill Command on cooldown and have a good number of Arcane Shots.
    This, up here. I don't even main a hunter, and I've read enough to realize OP is pretty clueless. That and a lot of Illidan puggers will read MMO, which is why since she has made a couple of provocative threads on the front page of general with 20+ pages, chances are a lot of the pug scene has a poor image of her now.

---

Anyway, biggest thing I found with a hunter - don't think of Cobra and Arcane shot as belonging to a "priority order" like a caster for instance. Don't think that you should "cast this with X frequency" or "cast it with Y frequency" - you don't cast 1 Arcane Shot every 3 Cobra Shots, or some crap like that. How frequently you use arcane shot isn't something you control preemptively, it's something you react to based on your situation. More haste? You'll arcane shot more. More lucky procs? You'll arcane shot more.

You're a resource class, think more like an Energy based class. You regenerate Focus with Cobra Shot (akin to "pooling energy"), and you use Focus on abilities.

Your goal is to have enough focus for your abilities every time they come off cooldown, but not to cap it, or you are wasting your focus regen + cobra shots. So you use Arcane Shot enough so that you never cap, but not so much that you won't have it for KC. Resource management 101.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-01-15 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StijnDP View Post
    You're a BM hero?
    You seem to forget that SV has to do the exact same anticipation on ES and BA. You also forget that both specs have to do this anticipation for GT. Same with alligning cds and trinkets for both specs. SV on the other hand also has to work with procs and has to manage multidotting which isn't always as easy as on wind lord. Actually wind lord is the only fight where I can play relaxed.

The difference with BM is the harder pull cooldown rotation and an annoying pet. SV is harder during the whole of the fight.
    People who can't play SV are best suggested to go BM. People who can't play BM are best suggested to put an extra bar with pull rotation on their screen.
    You have to do the same anticipation, sure. But BM is all about CD stacking. SV is not. If AMoC is coming up in 20 seconds when you're BM, and your BW just came off CD, you have to immediately estimate the length of the fight, the CD on Readiness and whether delaying your BW to use with your AMoC will lose you a BW overall and allow your BW to be up when readiness is off cd so that you can cast it back to back like the opener. In SV, you just press it. Wait for a proc maybe if you feel like extracting the absolute maximum from it. RF doesn't benefit AMoC. TW/BL does not benefit AMoC. The only thing that does benefit it is your second pot, in terms of activated benefits, or an on-use trinket if you have one. I just popped BW and got pinned on Spirit Kings? SOL. I just popped BW and Lei Shi hid? SOL. I just missed out on an LnL proc because Blade Lord teleported to the other side? It's okay it'll be up again in a few seconds.

I feel very relaxed when I'm playing SV. My BM play has to be pitch perfect or I'm SOL.

SOL = shit outta luck
    Last edited by gulder; 2013-01-15 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gulder View Post
    You have to do the same anticipation, sure. But BM is all about CD stacking. SV is not. If AMoC is coming up in 20 seconds when you're BM, and your BW just came off CD, you have to immediately estimate the length of the fight, the CD on Readiness and whether delaying your BW to use with your AMoC will lose you a BW overall and allow your BW to be up when readiness is off cd so that you can cast it back to back like the opener. In SV, you just press it. Wait for a proc maybe if you feel like extracting the absolute maximum from it. RF doesn't benefit AMoC. TW/BL does not benefit AMoC. The only thing that does benefit it is your second pot, in terms of activated benefits, or an on-use trinket if you have one. I just popped BW and got pinned on Spirit Kings? SOL. I just popped BW and Lei Shi hid? SOL. I just missed out on an LnL proc because Blade Lord teleported to the other side? It's okay it'll be up again in a few seconds.

I feel very relaxed when I'm playing SV. My BM play has to be pitch perfect or I'm SOL.

SOL = shit outta luck
    BW Doesn't increase aMoC damage, just halves the focus cost. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    BW Doesn't increase aMoC damage, just halves the focus cost. Just saying.
    I remember reading that the 10% damage buff applied to it.... didn't test it myself though, I'm bad like that >.>

Guess that's something to look at when realms come up, alongside getting used to the 4 piece.

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 01:52 AM ----------

Just tested with a random low level bow and no trinkets (so no procs). AMoC does get the Beast Within buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Did you actually look at any of his logs. No offence, everyone has to start somewhere, but on 8 minute Blade Lord attempts (in which he was alive the whole time) he did 5 arcane shots. I generally fire off more than 5 arcane shots during my first BW.
    You're right:

Our first learning attempts on Heroic Blade Lord (that's what this is a log of) our RL told us to run over to the other side of the damn room, the calls for everything were way off: Run to yellow, no wait sorry, running to purple guys: I probably shouldn't have done a lot of things, like rocketbooting to the other side of the room, but considering the amounts of wipes we were having decided: Hmm, maybe it's better to just stay alive since everything is going so badly.

Here is the summary:

People who got wind stepped (I did this once myself) were stacking up when they shouldn't be - deaths yey
    People were getting sucked into tornadoes possibly because calls may have been off - crap I'm popping deterrence instead of dpsing
    People were /ranging each other - oh god! why is this guy chasing me - I'm gtfo here
    Tanks were getting rocked - yey
    Aw snap healer died: Guys I popped a det/fd I'll mass rez...guys die please..hey just die please..just die..WTF DIE..I'm dead never-mind!
    Oh god only 2 people made it to the last platform in p3!? Snap healer is oom. HS will save me! Aw shit this isn't gonna happen.
    Boss is at around 12%: Speed run weee (no call out): Why aren't people coming here? Oh, because we're all dead.
    Aw snap, I fail at running: L2PLAY ME

After thoughts: Hmm...Maybe it's time for me to start working on myself as a player

You're right: I intentionally didn't ArS - sue me
    You're right: I don't have better logs to offer and I generally don't log. Maybe, it's because I've been a pug forever and it's whatever: I don't know if our group will be good/bad/semi-mediocre/or great together. That's part of what pugging is. Yea, my page is flooded with random logs, half of which aren't mine and the flood just keeps on coming in daily. I have absolutely NO idea how to fix this.

You are absolutely right that my friends deserved to decline me. Instead of making a big deal about the decline: I came straight here for help.
    Even if it meant putting myself on the shitter and eating more crap. That's fine.

Everyone goes through a point where they either do or don't realize if they want to get better at this game. Where they decide if they should perhaps start caring more about game-play or not.

Sometimes that means pouring over everything you know and starting over
    Sometimes it means putting your personal ego aside, eating the shit and seeing if you gain anything out of it

I figured since I knew them, they would be understanding that after years, I finally had a moment: They were.
    Like I said, the guy and I actually spoke in private: He's on my BT and understood I had a moment. Are you? NO

Now, I edited out my post a while back, so there is no reason to continually QQ over this.
    Last edited by Beebeey; 2013-01-15 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gulder View Post
    I remember reading that the 10% damage buff applied to it.... didn't test it myself though, I'm bad like that >.>

Guess that's something to look at when realms come up, alongside getting used to the 4 piece.

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 01:52 AM ----------

Just tested with a random low level bow and no trinkets (so no procs). AMoC does get the Beast Within buff.
    aMoC is an "Advanced" DoT.

It does NOT take a snapshot of your stats, it UPDATES the DoT damage when you get a damage proc when it is ticking.

If you at first make your normal Scope-proc go on CD, then 10 sec after use aMoC(with Scope buff not on) and then auto shot the dummy all the time, Scope should proc a bit later and you see the sudden 1k/tick damage jump. This is why you SHOULD use it outside of BW, because it only gets ~half the benefit of the 10% increase of BW(So 5%) where an Arcane Shot gets the full 10% increase.

Edit:-----

Go test this on Dummy, use aMoC without any procs, then Midway, use your BW(along with: Blood Fury(if Orc), Engi Tinker(If Engi, hopefully yes) and maybe potion). You will see the damage jump.
    Last edited by Tehterokkar; 2013-01-15 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    This, up here. I don't even main a hunter, and I've read enough to realize OP is pretty clueless. That and a lot of Illidan puggers will read MMO, which is why since she has made a couple of provocative threads on the front page of general with 20+ pages, chances are a lot of the pug scene has a poor image of her now
    I guess.

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 03:18 AM ----------

I am dying in lag here but -> http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=9646#Barberry

Is this any better? I think I just need to rebind my SrS in a very less accessible place, but I'm more worried about the other stuff first (bc I end up just spamming the crap out of it = shit uptime).
    Last edited by Beebeey; 2013-01-16 at 08:20 AM.

aMoC is an "Advanced" DoT.

It does NOT take a snapshot of your stats, it UPDATES the DoT damage when you get a damage proc when it is ticking.

If you at first make your normal Scope-proc go on CD, then 10 sec after use aMoC(with Scope buff not on) and then auto shot the dummy all the time, Scope should proc a bit later and you see the sudden 1k/tick damage jump. This is why you SHOULD use it outside of BW, because it only gets ~half the benefit of the 10% increase of BW(So 5%) where an Arcane Shot gets the full 10% increase.

Edit:-----

Go test this on Dummy, use aMoC without any procs, then Midway, use your BW(along with: Blood Fury(if Orc), Engi Tinker(If Engi, hopefully yes) and maybe potion). You will see the damage jump.
    Ah, so that's what you meant. Yeah I knew it didn't snapshot stats... think I got a tad confused with trying to keep AMoC up for the whole duration of the initial BW-BW segment. Just got the 4 set and trying to create/understand the opener.

I made another one:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/oyw43ytsn9m79mio/

Tear it up if you like: Thanks. This is as Patchwerk as I could get (I didn't do totems today in LFR).

Quote Originally Posted by Barberry View Post
    I made another one:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/oyw43ytsn9m79mio/

Tear it up if you like: Thanks. This is as Patchwerk as I could get (I didn't do totems today in LFR).
    Great job .

Still a few pointers:
    -You still missed 4 possible KCs, keep on practicing.
    -Serpent Sting uptime is 82%, should be 95-99% on a patchwerk fight.

Great job .

Still a few pointers:
    -You still missed 4 possible KCs, keep on practicing.
    -Serpent Sting uptime is 82%, should be 95-99% on a patchwerk fight.
    I will ^_^.
    The SrS thing I think is a matter of adjusting a bind.