View Poll Results: If You Saw Neo-Nazis Killing Someone, What Would You Do?

Voters
91. This poll is closed
  • Physically Intervene, even if it puts me in danger, and attempt to stop the attack.

14 15.38%
  • Call the police to see what happens, even if it may be futile.

48 52.75%
  • Run away from the vicinity of the attack as fast as possible.

9 9.89%
  • Try to talk the attackers out of the attack.

3 3.30%
  • Nothing and just observe.

17 18.68%
Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

If You Saw Neo-Nazis Killing Someone, What Would You Do?

Hypothetical situation: you're in St. Petersburg and you see a band of 6 Russian neo-Nazis beating up a visible immigrant to the precipice of death for no apparent reason. They are armed with a whole array of weapons, including at least a few firearms. Let's also say that the police is generally favoring the neo-Nazis because the police is corrupt and refuses to help. It's just you as far as you can tell.What would you do and why?

I ask this because there has been an outbreak of neo-Nazi violence in Russia and much of Europe in general lately, and bystanders seem to do nothing in order to protect their fellow human beings. The police seem to also turn a blind eye to this as they are generally associated with the neo-Nazi groups, at least at a local level.

I myself would not call the authorities since they are typically corrupt, but I would physically intervene, even if it meant my own death, in order to attempt to save the visible immigrant. If it meant I die as well as the immigrant, then so be it. I don't think life is worth living if you kept yours at the cost of letting an innocent die at the hands of evil. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I had. It also tears at the fabric of global society in general to allow injustice to run unchecked.

What would you do and why?

P.S., just on a slightly light-hearted note, this would be playing in my head as I did what I'd do: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq_oufAM9ts
    Last edited by TheGravemind; 2013-01-14 at 01:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just as a heads up, expect a lot of angry replies from Russians.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Just as a heads up, expect a lot of angry replies from Russians.
    Why? This is a well documented phenomenon in areas of Moscow and St. Petersburg, as well as other localities in Russia. This isn't to say that this occurs exclusively in Russia as Germany, and even other European countries, seem to have a neo-Nazi problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do what everyone else would do, whip out a camera phone and put it on Liveleak.com asap
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

" Call the police to see what happens, even if it may be futile. "

If it was someone related to me I would intervene, but if it was some random person and it was 6v1 like you mention, I will not put myself at risk. Good for you though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Smoke bombs but I'd have to carry lots so I could make a clean getaway with the beaten individual.

one versus six? call the authorities sure but all me intervening would do is cause me to die along side that immigrant and accomplish absolutely nothing other then making things worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Intoeternity View Post
    " Call the police to see what happens, even if it may be futile. "

If it was someone related to me I would intervene, but if it was some random person and it was 6v1 like you mention, I will not put myself at risk. Good for you though.
    Why does someone being related to you change things? Are all people not equal to you? I'm just asking in order to prod a discussion, that is all.

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 01:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lucizanito View Post
    Smoke bombs but I'd have to carry lots so I could make a clean getaway with the beaten individual.
    hahaha

/10char

Get the hell out of there, and call the police when out of hearing and sight of the guys doing the beating.

Why isn't join in on the attack an option?? =[

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesonia View Post
    one versus six? call the authorities sure but all me intervening would do is cause me to die along side that immigrant and accomplish absolutely nothing other then making things worse.
    There would be a chance that you would be successful, though. A friend of mine is a United States Marine Corps combat veteran who I know could take on 6 armed people at once and emerge victorious.

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 01:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zallex View Post
    Why isn't join in on the attack an option?? =[
    Because if you would join in on the attack, you're not welcome in this discussion anyway as you are beyond rationality.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesonia View Post
    Basically this. I would probably be worthless in this kind of situation, especially if they are armed, considering I weigh about 110 pounds. So me getting involved really wouldn't help at all. I would call the authorities and try to record it for documentation.

How come there is no option to join them? Maybe you don't like the guy they are beating.

Call the police and then physically intervene while trying to talk them out of it.

Limited poll options are bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyopz View Post
    Why does someone being related to you change things? Are all people not equal to you? I'm just asking in order to prod a discussion, that is all.
    I don't know about him but I care about my relatives. I have no emotional connection or attachment to some random stranger and don't see any logical reason why I should value his life above mine, especially in such descripted situation of impossible odds.

Two corpses won't do any better than one.

If I believed the police as corrupt as you seem to, nothing. Except maybe leave the country. And no, I would not sleep any worse knowing I had not gotten myself killed in order to make a point and accomplished nothing more.

Since I am not from there I would not do anything,

In my area it would be much more likely to see a group of black guys beating a white guy, in that case I'd intervene most likely depending on the county and area, if I was in ghetto Atlanta Id save my own ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep walking as if I didn't see anything.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    You have to be waaay more specific when you say "Europe". Its a bit too general.

Also it depends on the situation, you cant exactly take on a group of guys alone, if it was feasable to get out relatively unharmed ide probably help, but I wouldnt jump in to get my skull bashed in within the first 10 seconds.
    Well, there's a rather large neo-Nazi problem in almost all countries of Europe. Certainly in France, the U.K., even Ireland, Germany, Sweden, Lithuania and other former Soviet-bloc states.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyopz View Post
    If it was 2v1, 3v1 maybe... but 6v1 no, that does change things. Would you jump in front of a bullet to save someone you do not know at the cost of your own life?