Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

New character models..

I stopped playing WoW until they update the models which are a decade old by now. And my bet is that we won't even see them in MoP, rather in the next expansion as something "new" which should be out by now if they weren't scratching their ...

Anyone else that shares my opinion? Are Blizzard really that slow or a company which makes billions can't afford to get this needed change out for so long?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Could give a F about models, I care about gameplay and nothing more and yes I do agree they are slow as hell for a billionaire dollar company don't get me wrong on that.

Yes, how about they just whip up some new character models!

They have assloads of work to do, and that isn't a important project.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dreading the day more than anticipating it. The new trolls look atrocious and I don't really want them fucking around with all the other races like that.
    Look! Words!

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if I rationally agree that they should be a low priority when more resources could be spend in gameplay; fuck, I wants me some shiny new models.

And that, even if entirely emotional, it's a valid point. If it things where just about gameplay, why create new zones and races? The way your character looks is a huge reason why you like a game, as it is too the world building, the lore, the pve and the pvp. They are all parts that draw the audience in, and none should be neglected in favor of the other. Thus, after 8 years with character models that have aged not gracefully at all. So I'm happy about the update, it took long enough.

I think they will implemented either gradually or all in the preparation patch for next expansion, I doubt they are going to try to put it as brand new expansion content.

It's a bit jarring seeing my Troll or Tauren emote next to a Pandaren or Goblin who's twice as expressive whilst my Tauren and Troll just seem wooden.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just play MMO's that have devs that realize character appearance is important to many. I try to ignore my characters in WoW, not only do the models look like dogshit but gear is painted on to those shitty models and is just terrible as a whole. In other words, look straight pay attention to what's happening in the game and not on your character lol

Quote Originally Posted by Noqr View Post
    Yes, how about they just whip up some new character models!

They have assloads of work to do, and that isn't a important project.
    I just don't see why they can't hire more people.

Right, I know that changing the people who work on a game changes the game (/tinfoilhat the A team moving to Titan /tinfoilhat) but good God Blizzard is slow.

I'd certainly want more quality content as opposed to models which will lose their shine in a month, but it's getting a bit ridiculous. Have you seen Tauren lately? :\

The faster they release them for you the worse they'll be
    They are taking their time so that the result is as good as it can be, because they're things you'll be looking at for the entire game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post

Right, I know that changing the people who work on a game changes the game (/tinfoilhat the A team moving to Titan /tinfoilhat) but good God Blizzard is slow.

I'd certainly want more quality content as opposed to models which will lose their shine in a month, but it's getting a bit ridiculous. Have you seen Tauren lately? :\
    Blizzard always seems to be hiring; they're likely just very selective about WHO they hire.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    What people don't understand is that the new models aren't just new skins, but also new animations. If all they did for Orcs was make them look like Thrall, clean up some pixels and call it good, I'd be raging. Everythings going to look fluid. Your character blinks, breathes, shows emotion. Right now Orcs can do /cheer and still have the same wooden angry face you created at the start. A pandaren does /cheer and they smile, their eyes light up, their mouth moves as they cheer what they do... it looks realistic and fluid. Making Orcs or Trolls or Gnomes look cleaner and up-to-date still won't fix the fact that they act and move like they have sticks up their butts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company...tml?id=120007H
    http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company...tml?id=120007A
    http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company...tml?id=1000088
    http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company...tml?id=1200059
    http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company...tml?id=120009D
    http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company...tml?id=12000EB

Know anyone with 3-5 years of game development experience as a 2D or 3D artist?

If so, tell them to apply for one of the open positions that Blizzard is always hiring for.

If not, shut up about it.

Making new model for playable races are the most complicate thing you have to do. There are so many things they have to consider other than trying to make it look cool.

I'm all for the new models, but they won't make the game any more fun. If you cant find a more compelling reason to log in, then it may be time to quit for good anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    Dreading the day more than anticipating it. The new trolls look atrocious and I don't really want them fucking around with all the other races like that.
    Look pretty good to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand what the big deal with new character models is. While I'd like to see new models, as long as the overall game is fun, I don't mind the 2004 level graphics that much. Gameplay to me is always better than grpahics.
    Putin khuliyo

The big thing for me in games is customising my character. So yeah I too have stopped playing until new character models. I generally dont play a game unless I have lots of customisation options etc. >.> sue me!

Edit: It wasn't the sole reason for me not playing, I got bored too but new models is enough for me to try it out again.
    Raaaa!

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem is no matter how much money you throw at an artist they cant work that much faster. I don't know about you guys, but I dot want to end up with some half retarded toon that was thrown together with extra pixel count. WoW's character models and movement outclass any other mmo out there. There is going to be so much QQ even when they do put them out there since people are so attached to their characters. I'm all for a huge customization for each race but not at the expense of quality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would I like new models? Yes, would I quit over them, no

I feel it's unreasonable to expect that big of a change and most of the time with all the gear on you will notice just a few skeletal changes if any.If they change the casting and combat animations as well as visual upgrades than that would be worth complaining for ,but I am not sure that's the case here.