Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I fucking hate it when people are nice to me too, the nerve of them.
    Dude, fuck you! (Its a joke, dont infract me!)

If you want to reduce the level of social interaction coming your way, I suggest wearing headphones whenever you wish to avoid it. If you are approached, just tell them you're listening to an e-book or something study related and you don't wish to be disturbed.

Best of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

What's so unrealistic about this thread? That I want to be left alone and don't care if an ugly girl or an attractive girl talks to me, that I want to be left alone all the same? ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Holidae View Post
    Then get a pet rat. Or a wolverine. No, get a spider... a snake. One from Australia. Nobody'll mess with you then.
    I'd go with rodents. Those vile and disgusting disease carriers!

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Dude, fuck you! (Its a joke, dont infract me!)
    Since Pendulous is online, you're sooooooo banned!
    I'm so getting infracted for this D:

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Since Pendulous is online, you're sooooooo banned!
    I'm so getting infracted for this D:
    (You either have to get reported and infracted or go out for a drink with me! )

I had sort of the same "problem" as OP in my late teens/early twenties where a lot of girls showed interest in me but I didn't reciprocate. The difference is I WANTED to reciprocate, I was just too inexperienced and had low self-esteem; hence, introversion. As I grew a bit older, I shed fear and inexperience slowly but surely. So it's not unheard of for women to be interested in introverted fellas.
    But the OP sounds like he just has different priorities.

OP, if this is truly bothersome to you then you need to put your foot down early on. You're going to have to reject anyone you don't want to make friends with or date, but make sure you do it gently.

Quote Originally Posted by UnionPrime View Post
    What's so unrealistic about this thread? That I want to be left alone and don't care if an ugly girl or an attractive girl talks to me, that I want to be left alone all the same? ffs
    I dunno, I can't see why it's unbelievable either. Except that (1) you can't deal with people talking to you, and (2) you can't find ways to stop people talking to you, and (3) "many" girls are hitting on you for being an introvert. But other than that

I dunno, I can't see why it's unbelievable either. Except that (1) you can't deal with people talking to you, and (2) you can't find ways to stop people talking to you, and (3) "many" girls are hitting on you for being an introvert. But other than that
    Alright, then kindly just leave the thread and stop derailing it instead of this nonsense where you interrupt me gaining some relaxed social advice while at the same time derailing the thread with another poster.

What reaction were you expecting, when most people are pining for attention from the opposite sex? You're not going to receive any empathy for a good thing, even if you don't think it's a good thing. "I have so many bills in my wallet, my wallets keep breaking! I hate having all of these bills."
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

This must be something new. I have never seen girls walk up to an introvert and hit on them. More like the opposite, treating an introvert as though he is plagued.

What reaction were you expecting, when most people are pining for attention from the opposite sex? You're not going to receive any empathy for a good thing, even if you don't think it's a good thing. "I have so many bills in my wallet, my wallets keep breaking! I hate having all of these bills."
    haha that kind of puts it in perspective i guess

but i think a better analogy would be if those bills in your wallet were actively harming you

Alright, then kindly just leave the thread and stop derailing it instead of this nonsense where you interrupt me gaining some relaxed social advice while at the same time derailing the thread with another poster.
    Seems pretty stupid to be mad at me for answering your question.

Oh wait.

Just go with the headphones idea. And make sure that they're Beats by Dre.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    I had sort of the same "problem" as OP in my late teens/early twenties where a lot of girls showed interest in me but I didn't reciprocate. The difference is I WANTED to reciprocate, I was just too inexperienced and had low self-esteem; hence, introversion. As I grew a bit older, I shed fear and inexperience slowly but surely. So it's not unheard of for women to be interested in introverted fellas.
    But the OP sounds like he just has different priorities.

OP, if this is truly bothersome to you then you need to put your foot down early on. You're going to have to reject anyone you don't want to make friends with or date, but make sure you do it gently.
    Thanks. How do you suggest I tell someone to leave me alone "gently?"

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    This must be something new. I have never seen girls walk up to an introvert and hit on them. More like the opposite, treating an introvert as though he is plagued.
    It happens, but very rarely. It's why I said they're mostly the type I wanna avoid.

I still think it's just a show off thread.
    That's why I said he should shower less. If you really want to drive strangers away its really easy to just be an absolute asshole or unappealing. He seems to want to drive people away but still have them come away with a high opinion of him.

haha that kind of puts it in perspective i guess

but i think a better analogy would be if those bills in your wallet were actively harming you
    How are these girls actively harming you? Just deal with it, because there will be a day when you miss having the attention. Befriend people; girls are nice to have as friends, even if you don't want anything with them.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhurn View Post
    That's why I said he should shower less. If you really want to drive strangers away its really easy to just be an absolute asshole or unappealing. He seems to want to drive people away but still have them come away with a high opinion of him.
    I don't know about having them disengage from me while retaining a "high opinion" if they ever had one, but I certainly don't want them to have a negative opinion of me. Part of the reason why I like keeping to myself is because of the security; it ensures that I will generally not give anyone a negative opinion of me (I successfully escaped bullying/etc in high school and middle school because of this as well.)

10+ Year Old Account
    This used to happen to me alot too and I kept thinking, "Why are all these girls coming up and talking to me." and as I learned how to read when a girl is being flirty and shows interest vs she's just being friendly I realized that I wasn't actually getting hit on. These girls were just bored or whatever and wanted someone to talk to. Granted I'm not really an introvert(moreso the opposite), but I can be quiet depending on my mood at the time.

Also, just use body language to convey that you don't feel like talking. I find that girls are very receptive of body language. I don't mean look angry, but look.. I dunno, kinda serious or intense.... or you could try to conquer your introverted ways and become more extroverted, because honestly being an introvert could and probably will hurt your chances of success in love and in life.

15+ Year Old Account
    "I have so many bills in my wallet, my wallets keep breaking! I hate having all of these bills."
    You seem to be carrying around an awful lot of singles. You must either be a stripper or a vending machine enthusiast.

Not so serious answer : Whenever they give you their number tell them you don't have a phone! (even if you have it sitting out, it's important not to change your game plan mid-game).

Serious answer : Regardless of how you say it (unless you completely lie about it believably or not -aka : my above answer-) you're going to more than likely hurt their feelings, and they will come away with negative opinions about you. That's the tough truth.

If you want to be an introvert, go ahead, but you can't eat your cake and have it too.
    Last edited by narzinor; 2013-01-14 at 03:38 AM.
    I had a cool sig... then photobucket ate my pics and now its borked. :/ oh wells...