Deleted

new lock player PVP

Good day,

I lvling my lock to 90, last time i played it was ICC lvl 80 i played back then as a affli lock.

Now i wanna focus on pvp (5.2 S13) but for that i need some help.
    Im now lvling as destro but back in icc i played Affli and loved it.

I hope you can give me some info about Specc + Talents + glyph for PVP
    Don't now what is the best specc now and didn't read mutch of 5.2 so don't know what is comming.

Hopefully you can help me with how you think about lock for now and for 5.2

Ps sorry for my bad english

From what I've seen, warlocks are great in bg's right now.... but it takes much more skill for arena, but it's doable. All 3 classes are viable and each has advantages.....

With 5.2 we may get a 10 passive damage reduction through felarmor, Get this....warriors ( plate wearers ) had a 25% passive damage reduction they are nerfing to 15%, yet they are just now giving us clothies a 10% passive reduction ? YEAH Thats Balanced

We also get the talent choice of a damage absorbtion shield that renews every 15 seconds depending on your damage done

They are ruining bloodfear, but we still have normal fear and howl of terror

Overall I think Warlock PVP is finally interesting and fun again, although if compared to shadow priest our survivability is not good or " Balanced ", our unending resolve and dark bargain are usefull, but they could use a buff when you consider most trinkets and cooldowns last 20 seconds
    Last edited by Shiekyerbooty; 2013-01-14 at 08:53 AM.

Deleted
    Warlock is a support-class. Warlocks go great with a burster and a healer for 3v3.
    Try to stay away from 1v1 and 2v2 because those are horrible places to be for a warlock.

Specs: All of the specs basically have access to the same utility and survivability except for demo
    that has an extra knockback and leap/blink-talent.

Destruction/Demo is about building up resources for a that big burst oppurtunity where you
    go for the kill. This is combined with some good cc potentials and survibabiliy.

Affliction is about constant pressure (not so great atm tho) while you control the enemies
    and assist your main DPS in getting the kill.

In 5.2 warlocks will lose their blanket silence and their blood fear (instant cast single target fear) will be reworked/nerfed.

All in all there are both nerfs and buffs (more nerfs) but if you like the class then just stick to it and get a good healer
    and main dps for some great 3v3 arenas

10+ Year Old Account
    The best I can say is just to try the speces and several different talent choices and see what fits you better.
    Copying the playstyle, spec and talentchoice of a pro warlock is not going to help if you play different then them. However, it's recommended that you watch movies/streams of several good warlocks to learn some of the more advanced tricks and improving your own playstyle.

With 5.2 we may get a 10 passive damage reduction through felarmor, Get this....warriors ( plate wearers ) had a 25% passive damage reduction they are nerfing to 15%, yet they are just now giving us clothies a 10% passive reduction ? YEAH Thats Balanced
    Yeah, but we lose our armor boost, so in the end the damage reduction against melee remains more or less the same.

As said above, warlocks ain't in the best state right now, and 5.2 won't improve that at all.

Deleted
    Thanks for your input, im going to try some bg and find out what to do
    Have a priest on 85 maby i pick that one up and lvl it for shadow pvp.

Will watch some video's and try some hc/bg to find out what specc or to switch to sPriest

Deleted
    Does a warlock go well with a hunter in 2's? I don't mean going glad but just for playing arena casually.
    I mean will it be super frustrating, or is it viable at all?

What about non-rated bg's, How are warlocks there? are they considered a "fun" random bg class or frustrating?

10+ Year Old Account
    i play affliction just because that's whats most fun for me and i just dinged 90 last week and still do pretty decent in bgs, it's probably the worst spec for locks in pvp but i just enjoy the style of it since i got so used to it in cata and the other specs are boring and just rely on building up power. Basically anything is viable to an extent especially in 2s. Once you get gear 2s should be perfectly fine with a hunter as affliction you're going to be able to cause a lot of pressure and cc while your hunter will be able to burst things down for you

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiellio View Post
    I'm possibly completely bias, since I find the state of warlocks in pvp this expansion to be lackluster at best, but I'd say go spriest - which seem pretty damn potent right now, they have some nice survivability cooldowns, can bust out decent damage and have, as far as I'm concerned, overpowered healing.

As for warlocks, demo and dest are both similar in that they can shift some decent burst, but require you to build up the resources to do so, doing far less in the meantime. Main challenge is surviving long enough to unleash said damage and not getting an itchy trigger finger. Both are fine in battlegrounds and can perform well in arena, though destruction struggles more at higher levels due to chaosbolts long cast time - high level players are far less likely to let you get one off.

Affliction was and kinda is about maintaining pressure across the board and grinding the enemy down, but MOP pvp is far too bursty and afflictions multidotting power was absolutely gutted by the overhaul in MOP - malefic grasp needs to be up to get the most out of your dots. I've heard of people playing it at high levels, but it's an uphill battle imo. Again, I might be bias on the subject since I dislike the MOP overhaul of affliction and, after setting off on a rant like this, usually end up working myself up about it.

All 3 specs were reliant on Blood Fear to some degree in 5.0, it was the only thing keeping affliction from drowning and the other 2, while working without it, were still leaning heavily on using it. 5.2 brings some interesting changes, some of them even buffs, but I'd be surprised if they managed to balance out the loss of blood fear, let alone make up for it - but it's at least a positive sign, if we're not in a good place in 5.2 we're at least, finally, having some major issues addressed that have plagued us since release, so it can presumably only get better.

But yeah, unless I'm just so bias I'm blinded on the matter, spriests are significantly stronger on the pvp scene. Might still be worth trying to make a warlock work for you if you plan to pve though, since we're pretty damn healthy in that area.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiellio View Post

Will watch some video's and try some hc/bg to find out what specc or to switch to sPriest
    i didnt see that comment about the spriest. level it they are a lot better than locks in pvp

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Structures View Post
    i didnt see that comment about the spriest. level it they are a lot better than locks in pvp
    Agreed with this. The buff to hybrid healing in 5.2 and the nerfs warlocks get will only make the gap bigger.

Deleted
    I'm not really PvPing much this season but I played RBGs to 2.4K and arena to 2k last season. I really, really like Demo for PvP in MoP, the Chaos Wave nerf was needed but a little severe imo, it took away our 'kill move'. however, the mobility is insane: low cooldown demonic leap, low cooldown knockback from carrion swarm, two seperate demonic circle cooldowns in and out of meta form and demonic gateway for arena.

factor in pet stun, fear, deathcoil/howl/shadowfury (depending on DRs for your comp), and the clutch options from focus Grimoire of Service and Warlocks have a really really nice toolkit, even if the damage isn't so great. skillcap for Demo is pretty high though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Agreed with this. The buff to hybrid healing in 5.2 and the nerfs warlocks get will only make the gap bigger.
    They clearly stated that shadow doesnt need the buff in healing so if it turns out to be OP they will nerf shadow in other areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Yeah, but we lose our armor boost, so in the end the damage reduction against melee remains more or less the same.

As said above, warlocks ain't in the best state right now, and 5.2 won't improve that at all.

Ya....that was sarcasm, I don't see how the Hell they can claim to be tryin to balance something when they give plate wearers 25% percent passive damage reduction and it goes live.....yet they can't even bring themselves to give us clothies a full 10% without nerfing our armor...it's crazy stupid

anyone remember Demon Armor ?

Need old Soul Link back and pets to be affected by resilience

Quote Originally Posted by Schirm View Post
    Need old Soul Link back and pets to be affected by resilience

Those are great ideas