School Bomb Plot barely stopped?

Stumbled upon the news via TYT who couldn't stop fucking laughing every 30 seconds... but...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2427881.html

It will probably never be known if this would have actually come to fruition, but this is an example of where the "desire" to kill will or can overcome "quick" access.

Now, I'd like to avoid the gun debate here as I know there will be a connection made, even the Huffington Post did. What I'd actually like to focus on here is this rising threat of people (children-adults) seeking infamy though mass murder and destruction. At what point will we (mainly US Citizens here) realize that we need to start focusing on this problem and fighting the causes without yielding to idiotic claims?

Deleted
    Blame your culture for making such a big dramatic deal out of these dregs, making them sound like infamous folk villians basically gives alot of ideas to children who are sick in the head

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Blame your culture for making such a big dramatic deal out of these dregs, making them sound like infamous folk villians basically gives alot of ideas to children who are sick in the head
    This. Sort of. But it's not just America, other countries do it also. We should report the news without saying the killer's or potential killer's name, their face(s), or how they specifically did the killings or how they specifically planned on doing the killings. We make these psychopaths infamous villains and give them so much media coverage, it's like a sociopath's wet dream.

When something like this happens or almost happens, the media should focus on the victims' or potential victims, because they're what matter at that moment, not who targeted innocent people, regulations on something, laws, etc.

Yeah, a media black-out on the shooter's name ("a mystery shooter did...", "the shooter, who cannot be named, did ...") would probably reduce the frequency of these events. They want recognition. They want to be famous.

Taking away those anti-depressants that doctors are handing out like candy would probably help a bit too.