View Poll Results: Why Do You Think European Countries Generally Dislike Immigrants?

Voters
292. This poll is closed
  • I don't think they generally dislike immigrants.

76 26.03%
  • Public perception of immigrants is negative due to their crime rates.

59 20.21%
  • Public perception of immigrants is negative due to culture

40 13.70%
  • Public perception of immigrants is due to their lack of assimilation.

89 30.48%
  • Other

28 9.59%
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    No, the biggest problem is education. Do you realize how many people in high school go barber, theatre and music classes? Then they end up draining on everybody's money because they can't do anything but cut hair. Now that's a strain on society.
    And here I was starting to side with you and you go and pull the only math/sciences are worthwhile card........ /sigh
    "Oh, wretched ephemeral race, children of chance and misery, why do you compel me to tell you what it would be more expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is utterly beyond your reach; not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. But the second best for you is --- to die soon." Silenus

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Have you been to rinkeby?

If they do not have a poor view on women, why are they oppressed in their home countries? I mean, for rape to even count as rape over there, there needs to be 4 men who witnessed it and witness in favour of the woman.
    Why are they oppressed in their home countries? Because their governments have made it ok. The general population in any country are dumb as shit - I'm dumb as shit, you're dumb as shit, semaphore is dumb as shit, Jackmoves is dumb as shit - and some people are dumber than others. And when you're dumb then you're easily manipulated by the higher power because they somehow rule the country, so they have to be smarter. I'm positively sure that there are immigrants that believe whatever their past governments said about how weak women are, but you make it seem like every ME immigrant is as weak-minded as to believe that women are horrible creatures. That would be like saying every Sweden loves the idea of the word "hen". We don't, we're just not as outspoken about it as the dumbshit leftists that somehow believe that'll solve all gender equality problems.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by qu1rex View Post
    Influence is based on population size and wealth of a country, in that order.
    Switzerland's population is tiny if you set it as piece of the EU pie and so their voice will be drowned out.
    How is that better than not having a voice at all ? At least they'd be able to coalesce with whatever other countries have the same opinions they do.

Quote Originally Posted by qu1rex View Post
    They currently have trade deals with all the worlds largest economies, something that the EU would restrict and control, much like how they're preventing the UK from creating trade deals with canada, mexico and india (all has to go via brussels).
    Source ?

Deleted
    Why are they oppressed in their home countries? Because their governments have made it ok.
    And you don't believe they bring it with them? I'd call you naive if you truly believe everyone will just drop their views.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Todgruppe View Post
    And here I was starting to side with you and you go and pull the only math/sciences are worthwhile card........ /sigh
    He didn't pull that card, he just said that formations are not adapted to the job market.. which is a fact supported by many a business manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilu View Post
    Barbers are okay. The artistic folks though.. how would you solve the problem anyway ? Stop subsidizing public art schools ?
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/parmyols...aders-to-code/

By teaching the children to code and work in IT so they don't get replaced by Indans.

Quote Originally Posted by Scourthelife View Post
    A lot of cases prove that the ME/NA immigrants refuse to integrate into the European society, only exploit the welfare systems and keep sticking together with other immigrants, there are whole neightbourhoods in Germany/France/England/Netherlands/Belgium/Sweden where you can't hear the local language but instead they use their own languages. By encapsulating themselfes and trying to avoid the local laws, the immigrants practice sharia laws, honor murders etc etc. As far as I see it, Immigrants should try to adapt to the new environment, not the other way round, if they don't like it they are free to go wherever they've came from
    Them sticking together has as much to blame on poor assimilation policies by the government as it is on the immigrants themselves. Those governments actively encourage division in the name of tolerance toward other cultures. They just can't fucking get it through their heads that creating muslim only areas (or something else) is only going to make it worse. The immigrants haven't purposefully created most of these areas, it's the government. If you want to see it done "right" then take a look at Finland, the problem of bad assimilation is largely non-existant here.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2013-01-14 at 01:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm from the UK and I don't dislike immigrants. We have a lot of people in my area that came here seeking asylum with their small children away from all the war and barbaric stuff going on in the middle east. If I were those people and another country welcomed me to get away from that and keep my family safe, why wouldn't I go?

We can't really blame them, we can only blame the gatekeepers, the government. There has to be a limit to the amount of people we can take in, as the jobs are now very hard to come by, the cost of everything is going up, anything that is run by the NHS is completely swarmed and over crowded.
    "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." - William Shakespeare

~ Sig and Avatar by Shyama <3 ~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyopz View Post
    Uhm...

they don't dislike immigrants. Have you ever been to Texas/California/Arizona/New Mexico? I've been to every one of them except for N.M.
    Same goes for Europe.
    We generally accept immigrants. The thing is that they (minority but in some regions majority) seem not to be accepting us. They view us as a big money cow and prefer to suck from us as much as possible. Also we are to respect their culture, but our own history and culture is being totally ignored. They group up and live together, totally isolated from the rest of society.

It is just annoying that you let somebody live in your country and they totally disobey you. But just as I said, it concerns the minority and the few doings that happened has nothing to do with general mood.

Are you telling me the view upon women in the countries in the ME/NA or west asia region is perfectly healthy?
    A lot of our immigrants from the ME are christians, burka etc is not something those guys generally practise(thats the somalis) I got an Irani family in the appartment complex(only immigrant family I think) and they as many others from Iraq and Iran are christians, they don't force the women in the family to cover up, the oldest daughter in the family is actually merried to a (white)swede, learned to know that when me and the gf got invited to celebrate the youngest son's gymnasium graduation. Couldn't ask for better neighbours tbh, the old man speaks horrible swedish though, he's old(must be in his 70s), but he does all the laundrey for example, typical "women's work" yeah? ;P

You should really start treating these people as individuals.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2013-01-14 at 01:08 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    Barbers are okay. The artistic folks though.. how would you solve the problem anyway ? Stop subsidizing public art schools ?
    I think art is important to culture and general enjoyment of our lifes, so it's not that I want to ban the classes entirely, but we can't just have it as something everyone with a D+ in every subject can join.

I'm not sure where I said that. There are plenty of other high school courses that are great as well - entrepreneurship, for example. I can agree that barbers aren't THAT bad, after all, barbers have a pretty open market and have it very easy to start own businesses. But definitely art classes, the pupils that get out of those classes usually haven't learned much practical, and the only important things they've learned are the obligatory basics of any high school course.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    He didn't pull that card, he just said that formations are not adapted to the job market.. which is a fact supported by many a business manager.
    The markets will only get worse, everywhere, jobs will get fewer and fewer as technology increases and population does. Our entire socio-economical system will collapse.

But definitely art classes, the pupils that get out of those classes usually haven't learned much practical, and the only important things I think they've learned are the obligatory basics of any high school course.
    Fixed. You are trying to quantify something that can't be quantified.
    Last edited by Todgruppe; 2013-01-14 at 01:08 PM.
    "Oh, wretched ephemeral race, children of chance and misery, why do you compel me to tell you what it would be more expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is utterly beyond your reach; not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. But the second best for you is --- to die soon." Silenus

Deleted
    And you don't believe they bring it with them? I'd call you naive if you truly believe everyone will just drop their views.
    I just said that I have no doubt that some immigrants bring those views with them, but you make it seem like every immigrant is the same and have the same views just because they come from another part of the world.

Deleted
    I just said that I have no doubt that some immigrants bring those views with them, but you make it seem like every immigrant is the same and have the same views just because they come from another part of the world.
    So if I run into an immigrant in the night I should just be all welcoming and pray he's not one of those who brought that view on women with him? Hell no. I'm not taking any chances, I don't want my life to be destroyed just because of some immigrant.

Deleted
    The markets will only get worse, everywhere, jobs will get fewer and fewer as technology increases and population does. Our entire socio-economical system will collapse.
    Have you missed the expansion of the tertiary sector ?

Deleted
    Here's an interesting article that might also give you an idea on why europeans are not fond of immigrants. Read the top comments on it.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti....html#comments

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have you missed the expansion of the tertiary sector ?
    Because a BA/BS is useless? That is a good thing how? In terms of US, more in debt to make a little bit more money, yipee!

Deleted
    Fixed. You are trying to quantify something that can't be quantified.
    I'm talking about what they learn in their courses which are easily accesible on the web, as for what they learn at home or elsewhere is not what I'm talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Couldn't ask for better neighbours tbh, the old man speaks horrible swedish though, he's old(must be in his 70s), but he does all the laundrey for example, typical "women's work" yeah? ;P
    lol, I can imagine an old 70-year old man with large beard staring into the washing machine talking quietly with himself. "Chabba hakmud allihbaba..."
    So if I run into an immigrant in the night I should just be all welcoming and pray he's not one of those who brought that view on women with him? Hell no. I'm not taking any chances, I don't want my life to be destroyed just because of some immigrant.
    I treat strangers in the night like any other stranger - I avoid them because I don't want to take the chance, even if he's a white dude.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Them sticking together has as much to blame on poor assimilation policies by the government as it is on the immigrants themselves. Those governments actively encourage division in the name of tolerance toward other cultures. They just can't fucking get it through their heads that creating muslim only areas (or something else) is only going to make it worse. The immigrants haven't purposefully created most of these areas, it's the government. If you want to see it done "right" then take a look at Finland, the problem of bad assimilation is largely non-existant here.
    The poll is "why the Europeans don't like them" not "how to solve the problem" I don't have any information what's the situation in Finland but as an Eastern European myself, that studied in Western Europe I can say these people don't want to integrate at all and whatever the government does they avoid it over and over aggain check France and the "Burqa law", and its just a matter of time untill those "only muslim" areas you said turn into autonomous provinces with their own laws.

Deleted
    Because a BA/BS is useless? That is a good thing how? In terms of US, more in debt to make a little bit more money, yipee!
    And since you're from the US, I'm sure your art classes are different from Sweden's. Sweden's art classes are pisspoor that learn nothing.