View Poll Results: Why Do You Think European Countries Generally Dislike Immigrants?

Voters
292. This poll is closed
  • I don't think they generally dislike immigrants.

76 26.03%
  • Public perception of immigrants is negative due to their crime rates.

59 20.21%
  • Public perception of immigrants is negative due to culture

40 13.70%
  • Public perception of immigrants is due to their lack of assimilation.

89 30.48%
  • Other

28 9.59%
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    I bet you the crime rates directly correlets to wealth and not to their foriegn backgrounds...
    and you bet wrong. being poor doesnt cause you to go rape/gang rape or batter strangers. foreigners on benefits in sweden get the same/more in benefits as swedes do, and you dont see swedes gang rape anybody. and why would "poor" foreingers(refugees) go around raping or batter random people when they came here for asylum? doesnt make sense. and government report agrees with me. regarding crime rate among foreigners there is little to no difference when "zozioekonomikxxx" factors are taken into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Killingifrit View Post
    and you bet wrong. being poor doesnt cause you to go rape/gang rape or batter strangers. foreigners on benefits in sweden get the same/more in benefits as swedes do, and you dont see swedes gang rape anybody. and why would "poor" foreingers(refugees) go around raping or batter random people when they came here for asylum? doesnt make sense. and government report agrees with me. regarding crime rate among foreigners there is little to no difference when "zozioekonomikxxx" factors are taken into consideration.

So your saying that you have the same number of poor swedes and poor foreigners?

And Swedes never commit crimes?

10+ Year Old Account
    no i am not.

never said that. why would you say that?

another reason:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-arrests.html
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-head-off.html
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/ma...-ring-rochdale

no british here. supporting current immigration trends = supporting these men.
    Last edited by Killingifrit; 2013-01-15 at 06:25 PM.

Deleted
    Public perception of immigrants is negative due to their crime rates.
    Public perception of immigrants is negative due to their lack of assimilation.
    I think both of these together are the main cause, although I think it's a little more complex.
    People in Europe probably aren't even that happy about immigrants in general, and the above only makes it worse.

Deleted
    So your saying that you have the same number of poor swedes and poor foreigners?

How often do Swedish men engage in gang rapes? <.<

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    How often do Swedish men engage in gang rapes? <.<
    Seems like Sweden has more rape incidents then other European countries...

"The high incidence of rape in Sweden has a strong connection to nightlife and partying, specifically after-club parties in private homes.

Early sexual debuts, high alcohol consumption, "free sexuality" and the "right to say no" quite simply results in more rapes, the study concludes.
    "
    http://www.thelocal.se/19102/20090427/

assult and rape has nothing to do with being poor. So, it does not matter how many poor sweeds or poor foreigners are. Rape has to do with power. the immigrants commit more rape, because they want power over others.

10+ Year Old Account
    following quotes are from the comment section in the link purlina posted:
    16:53 April 27, 2009 by Querist
    "Immigrants were also three times more likely to be investigated for assault and five times more likely to be investigated for sex crimes."

"Among foreigners suspected of offences, those from North Africa and Western Asia were overrepresented."

http://www.thelocal.se/article.php?I...&date=20051214
    19:33 April 27, 2009 by draby
    According to the National Council for Crime Prevention (BRÅ), the proportion of foreign-born individuals suspected of rape is 4.5 times higher than the proportion recorded among those with Swedish-born parents.

http://www.bra.se/extra/measurepoint...lsveutland.pdf
    08:27 April 28, 2009 by Johan A Stock-Homer
    Some information about ethnicity of rapists, with reference from DN:

* "Brottsoffermyndigheten", the government agency working for victims of crimes, had a investigation being done. The material was sentenced individuals by "Svea hovrätt", which is a court that is higher than the lowest court but lower than the Supreme Court (högsta domstolen). In that survey 85 % of all sentenced for rape was born outside Sweden or had parents born outside Sweden.

Source: http://www.dn.se/opinion/signerat/en...tsman-1.407102
    08:52 April 28, 2009 by Johan A Stock-Homer
    Some more on ethnicity and a network of rape groups (!):

Refugees probably make up the network of several samller rape groups (disgusting) in Södertälje.

TheLocal wrote about a thing that takes some pain for me to take in: "a network of several smaller groups who have systematically raped young women and girls in the town", the referred town being Södertälje an hours drive from Stockholm. (http://www.thelocal.se/18776/20090409/).

What were the ethnecity of these charged men? An article from a local newspaper provides a clue: "Three of them are today Swedish citizens but the others risk extradiction if found guilty".
    this man speaks great words and truth:
    13:57 April 29, 2009 by Chris Bering
    To those still arguing that drunk Swedes are behind the rapes - look at the increase in child rapes.

It's increased from 60 to 1421 - a factor of more than 23 in 25 years.

Then listen to medical personel, women shelters and rape victim counselors estimating that as much as one quarter of all rapes involve multiple assailants. Gang rape was a virtually unknown phenomenon in Sweden just 25 years ago.

I'm sorry to burst your apologists PC bubble, but these statistics has the fingerprints of tribal and muslim culture all over them.
    Last edited by Killingifrit; 2013-01-15 at 07:30 PM.

Deleted

"The high incidence of rape in Sweden has a strong connection to nightlife and partying, specifically after-club parties in private homes.

Early sexual debuts, high alcohol consumption, "free sexuality" and the "right to say no" quite simply results in more rapes, the study concludes.
    "
    The rapes take place in Sweden but not by Swedish men. Swedes are special isolated creatures. We're afraid of showing our penis to other men.
    We go home after gymnastics/gym and shower at home to avoid that unpleasant experience of group showering. Our worst nightmare is to get attention. How do you suppose that gangrape is going to work out?

Quote Originally Posted by Killingifrit View Post
    this man speaks great words and truth:
    seriously, what are you going to expect. Your nation allowed immigration from a place whose culture is completely different from yours. Are your gov't not very smart?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    seriously, what are you going to expect. Your nation allowed immigration from a place whose culture is completely different from yours. Are your gov't not very smart?
    the government are crooks and traitors and the people who vote for the 7 parties are ignorant and/or traitors by supporting this madness.

Deleted

"
    I specifically said group(gang) rapes though.
    + It's never really the womens fault if she gets raped.
    Last edited by mmoc506e44f6eb; 2013-01-15 at 08:01 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I don't know? A friend of mine had to pick up shit, I kid you not, human shit, from his garden after they made some gypsys camp not to far from his out. His dog was eating it too..ugh. There's alot of other iffy details to all of that, but it's not exactly immigrants either, they just leech here during the summer before they fuck off home when the cold comes, <3 winter.

It's obviously a cultural problem, and all these things feels forced upon people. The main issue is if you're opposed to it, or try to argument against it, you get the racists omg omg card thrown in your face right away.
    I've been robbed 3 times in my life, I live dash bang in the middle of the city and it's not exactly the most safest place at night. All 3 times they could hardly speak norwegian and the last time it was all english. It dosen't exactly help the issue in my case..

If you can't respect the culture and general guidelines of a country you come to live in, you can fuck off z.z

"
    Oh pls now it's the swedish girls fault if some dirty bastard rape them a typical example of "putting the burdens on the victims".
    Also i'm really courious about how many of those rapes are perpretraded by immigrants and how many by swedish mans.

According to a new study from the Crime Prevention Council, Brå, it is four times more likely that a known rapist is born abroad, compared to persons born in Sweden. Resident aliens from Algeria, Libya, Morocco and Tunisia dominate the group of rape suspects. According to these statistics, almost half of all perpetrators are immigrants. In Norway and Denmark, we know that non-Western immigrants, which frequently means Muslims, are grossly overrepresented on rape statistics. In Oslo, Norway, immigrants were involved in two out of three rape charges in 2001. The numbers in Denmark were the same, and even higher in the city of Copenhagen with three out of four rape charges. Sweden has a larger immigrant, including Muslim, population than any other country in northern Europe. The numbers there are likely to be at least as bad as with its Scandinavian neighbors. The actual number is thus probably even higher than what the authorities are reporting now, as it doesn't include second generation immigrants. Lawyer Ann Christine Hjelm, who has investigated violent crimes in Svea high court, found that 85 per cent of the convicted rapists were born on foreign soil or by foreign parents.
    http://fjordman.blogspot.it/2005/12/...in-sweden.html

Deleted
    If this thread was about USA, it would've been locked before it reached page 3.

Deleted
    I bet you the crime rates directly correlets to wealth and not to their foriegn backgrounds...
    Or perhaps their lack in wealth comes from their crime rates? It's not easy to get a job if you're a known criminal.

Foreign background does matter. It's a fact that north African people are overrepresented in crimes in my country. Yet there are also plenty of poor Asian or south/eastern European people. How come only one of those groups commits that many crimes? I think it's a cultural issue.

You're right that if we would just throw our money at them so they could be as rich as us they would probably commit less crimes.
    But we can't just give it away, that doesn't make any sense. They need to work for their money just like us. But they can't, because lots of them drop out of school because they choose the 'cool' street life with their criminal buddies over any sense.

And that's an issue of being unwilling to adapt to a country's work/school ethics and culture.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 10:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    Also i'm really courious about how many of those rapes are perpretraded by immigrants and how many by swedish mans.
    Yep, I guess pretty much all over Europe the statistics seem to match the gut feeling many people have.
    There's a big group of muslims and africans who stain the entire word "immigrant". So much that people become wary of all immigrants.

Isn't it a big coincidence that I hear the same complaint about north african muslims in pretty much all of north and western Europe? Maybe it's because it's a valid complaint. If it was xenophobia towards all immigrants, we would hear more about asian people as well. But we don't. Take a guess why.
    Last edited by mmoceb1605b3cd; 2013-01-15 at 09:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    If this thread was about USA, it would've been locked before it reached page 3.
    If there is a problem with a thread you should report it.

Deleted
    My theory ( swedish citizen) comes close to suppression of guilt and history. Racialbiology was a huge subject in europe during the early 20th century. This lead to a common belief that the "white" european was "superior" to other races. This also (depending on your view on history) caused WW2.
    After WW2, Europe was pretty much left with the guilt of what had happened. Guilt turned into a tabu against anything that could be viewed as racist. Today we see rising crime stats, precieved threats to our own culture and naturally people start looking for the source of the issues, trying to find a scapegoat. The tabu comes into play since it is considered wrong to do anything that is percieved as racist. Breaking the tabu = a lot of attention and interest = a lot of press. Press starts painting up an image of a racist Europe, where it in most cases is only a small minority that is actually racist.
    In a lot of European countries the fact that the older generations have never even come in contact with foreigners until today only serves to enhance the problem.

TL;DR Europe is generally not racist and the dislike for immigrants isn't nearly as wide-spred as the media makes it out to be.

(Horrible spelling can be attributed to being tired at the time of writing.)

In the eyes of most immigrants you are not human. You are cattle to be fleeced and preyed upon. Obviously people don't like to feel themselves victims in their own country.

When did you see a cultivated, educated, open-minded, diaspora-ignoring immigrant last? They are myth.

Infracted: Please do not insult entire groups of people with generalizations
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-01-16 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    In the eyes of most immigrants you are not human. You are cattle to be fleeced and prayed upon. Obviously people don't like to feel themselves victims in their own country.

When did you see a cultivated, educated, open-minded, diaspora-ignoring immigrant last? They are myth.
    I thought they prayed on carpets