View Poll Results: Why Do You Think European Countries Generally Dislike Immigrants?

Voters
292. This poll is closed
  • I don't think they generally dislike immigrants.

76 26.03%
  • Public perception of immigrants is negative due to their crime rates.

59 20.21%
  • Public perception of immigrants is negative due to culture

40 13.70%
  • Public perception of immigrants is due to their lack of assimilation.

89 30.48%
  • Other

28 9.59%
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sathnick View Post
    Didnt read through all of this...believe its been said already (gosh I hope so) but most of OPs information is over exaggerate BS. There have been incidents in EU Countries like in any country in the world. However, imigrant rates of the EU are comparebale to those of the US (roughly 10 (EU) to (US) 13%).

Also Germany is quite an intercultural place today and most germans (like myself) do enjoy that...stop reading/watching only US News (which are known to be...you know...)
    Are you talking about yourself or what ? Try reading the German news it's full of funzies about "African immigrants" too.

Quote Originally Posted by silverequinox View Post
    ^ younglings are easily manipulated. It's again the older ones there who gets their facist ideology trough their heads. Don't share this ideology? You're not a true muslim they say. How is this even possible? No neo nazis, no racism. No sharia-muslims, no facism and insults against human rights. Antwerp is one sad case.
    Our government actually voted for forced children education from 4 years. They basically want to take (mainly) gypsy children and force their parents to send them to school rather then make them beg, pickpocket or prostitute. I can see the apeal in educating these vaulnable groups, but this boils down to Brainwashing and Indoctrination for which i can't stand.

During the 90s almost 1 million people left my country and started families in Europe/Canada/USA. Their western teachers told them that investing in them (over 18 year old) is not worth it, but their children will pay back the investment in the future... This is a huge exploitation/Pyramid scheeme in my eyes. Making the bubble bigger by brining new people from outside and exploiting them.

Deleted
    double posts since I'm a cat.

oh great now there's non. Fuck this.
    Last edited by mmocfd546f5e2f; 2013-01-29 at 07:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookeh View Post
    Are you talking about yourself or what ? Try reading the German news it's full of funzies about "African immigrants" too.
    Care to give some references or do you just want to troll here? I am reading German newspapers every freakin day and its not a big topic in terms of negative press at all here.

I am also not saying that there are no incidents in Europe or that everyone over here like todays imigration situation but that its not like the OP makes it sound to be.

By his logic I could also say I read the news about the Westboro Baptist Church lately so why do you think all americans are crazy.

Because many rotten apples ruin the reputation of all. And majority of them seem to refuse to assimilate, which is a real problem.

Higher percentual crime rate in certain types of crimes, when comparing the immigrant/refugee population to native population. Not sure how to explain this in english without sounding racist. Was not my intention. :/

But those are some reasons I've encountered here in Finland.

A lot more crime, and the culture and religion is not welcome.

Deleted
    They take in too many immigrants and theres alot of them that hates Swedes.

Well i had a hard life growing up in Sweden too because i got harrassed by Swedish people over and over and over and over. I couldnt play with their kids. They forced me to stay inside my house. I remember one day oh man one day.. im going to tell you about it..

One day at the age 5 i played with some children. Most of them where Swedes except one, whos from China. People came with candy and stuffs and gave it to everyone.. except me and the chinese boy.

Every god damn time i went out some people stared angrily at me out of the window so i had to go in again. They let the Swedish kids do whatever they wanted and forced us immigrants to stay away from it.

Im not joking. But it started to get better around the age ten and so on. I dont know why exactly but i didnt experience any racism anymore, so maybe thats why i dont hate anyone nowadays but i do have problems with my emotions due to this. I have a hard time accepting people being negative towards me IRL because of the way i was treated as a child.

But yeah theres really too much immigrants here lol. Sometimes when i go out i do ask myself wether im in Sweden or somewhere else. Well its not like this is unique, when people from other countries enter my country they dont care about what we feel, drink alcohol, puke, pee everywhere and start a fight everywhere. And when they move to my country they rather stay outside instead of becoming one of us so thats not really unique to nonwhites.

Not everyone ofcourse.. i guess.