Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cannot connect to a specific mumble server

Hey guys,

I've tried many things and I really need help figuring this problem out. Currently, I can't connect to my guild's mumble server but I can connect to anybody else's. This has been going on all week on and off. I would be able to get on mumble for like 5 hours then randomly get disconnected and then not be able to connect for the next 10+ hours.

Basically, when I try to connect it says "Connecting to mumble blah blah" for around 30 seconds, then without showing any channels or anything, it says "Disconnected from server".

I tried restalling mumble, setting a new certificate, and some other things.

Any ideas?

10+ Year Old Account
    you sure they didn't ban you?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would ask the owner/administrator of the server. They'd likely have access to logs to see why you were getting booted.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I'm having this happen too. It has nothing to do with bans.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Have you found a solution? And yea, has nothing to do with bans.

10+ Year Old Account
    open a command prompt

type: tracert <servername/address>

after it's done, right click, select all, and hit ctrl+c

paste the results here

Currently it's started to work again. When it doesn't again I'll post those results here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    open a command prompt

type: tracert <servername/address>

after it's done, right click, select all, and hit ctrl+c

paste the results here

I too am having this problem. Yesterday i was able to connect to our server, then the admin said we were switching to a different server and gave us the new address. I disconnected, entered the new address, and tried to connect. All i get is Failed to connect: Server Timed out. Over and over again. I have triple checked the address, uninstalled and re-installed Mumble 3 times now, Restarted computer multiple times, I followed online instructions to clear DNS cache, and still I cannot connect. I am the only person in our group that cannot connect to the new server and i don't know why. Please help. I did the command prompt tracert thing and got this:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
    (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Samma>tracert 65.99.193.114

Tracing route to host.colocrossing.com [65.99.193.114]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 10.0.0.1
    2 * * * Request timed out.
    3 * * * Request timed out.
    4 * * * Request timed out.
    5 * * * Request timed out.
    6 * * * Request timed out.
    7 * * * Request timed out.
    8 * * * Request timed out.
    9 * * * Request timed out.
    10 * * * Request timed out.

not sure what next???????

Quote Originally Posted by swordcoast25 View Post
    Tracing route to host.colocrossing.com [65.99.193.114]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 10.0.0.1
    2 * * * Request timed out.
    3 * * * Request timed out.
    4 * * * Request timed out.

not sure what next???????
    Well, your PC contacts your router, then it does absolutely nothing from there.

You could try opening up command prompt and type:

ipconfig /flushdns

then open up mumble and test it

Might also want to try powering your modem and or router off for a couple of mins and switching them back on.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Ok, I restarted my router... Nothing.

I did the ipconfig /flushdns from command prompt... still nothing.

Anyone else have any ideas?

I have been able to connect to any other random server that i try... just not this one.

When I lookup host.colocrossing.com I get a different IP.

The IP address associated with host.colocrossing.com is :

[ mail.colocrossing.com ]
    Sounds like you have a DNS issue. Try using Googles DNS.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Having a 10.x.x.x is odd for a consumer based router, likely not the issue, but just something that caught my eye. Typically see a 192.168.x.x

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onomatopoeia View Post
    Having a 10.x.x.x is odd for a consumer based router, likely not the issue, but just something that caught my eye. Typically see a 192.168.x.x
    Naw. Thats moderately standard. D-Link, Buffalo, Apple, and a few other brands use 10.0.0.1. The Netgear that I use as a switch right now uses 10.x.x.x when in router form. Definitely not an issue.

So I changed to the Google DNS through my Network Places. Still no luck... i am starting to lose the hopes

10+ Year Old Account
    So I changed to the Google DNS through my Network Places. Still no luck... i am starting to lose the hopes
    have you powercycled your modem and router?

also, what does your tracert look like after powercycling and updating your DNS

Yes i have power cycled the modem a few times. After the DNS change my tracert actually looks the exact same as before. This is driving me crazy.. i can connect to all other mumble servers I try.. just not the one I need.

Can you ask your friends for the IP of the server instead of hostname? Then you should be able to connect via the IP.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

I thought 65.99.193.114 was their IP. it's what everyone else is using to connect.

I thought 65.99.193.114 was their IP. it's what everyone else is using to connect.
    Does it work for you to connect to that IP?