Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by swordcoast25 View Post
    nope. nothing works
    Can you ping the IP?
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Yeah.. it's weird... I show a ping and how many people are using the server right now. I just can't actually connect.

What is the error message you get when trying to connect now?
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Same as it has been.. nothing has changed. Server Connection failed: Server Timed out.

Deleted
    do you have the right mumble version? I know using a different version can screw things up.

it might also be a certification issue. not really sure how certifications work, but I remember that when I used to play WoW and logged in from different computers it couldn't verify properly. as a result, it wouldn't let me connect from anywhere else apart from the computer I first logged in. the mumble admin had to do some magic to allow me to rejoin from a different computer.

I have the 1.2.3 version that I am told the server is running. Also I have certified my mumble client and was able to use it on the previous server. I have never used mumble on any other computer. Not sure what's next.

still unable to connect.. anyone else have any ideas?

10+ Year Old Account
    well if you can ping the server, then it is a different issue, either you have a smart firewall blocking traffic, or your version of mumble is not compatible with the server

there is still also the possibility that the server has banned/blacklisted you

from what i can tell I have the same Mumble as the server, and i have tried connecting with firewall and all Anti-Virus turned off. I talk to everyone on the server daily so i shouldn't be banned. Why would the server randomly blacklist me if I have never connected to it?

You say you are using the 1.2.3 version of mumble, right?
    It comes with two executables, the normal version, and a backwards compatible version. Are you using the backwards compatible one? If so, dont.

I know people using the backwards compatible client have problems accessing my mumble server, so that might be the issue.
    Last edited by Incognito Noctix; 2013-01-18 at 11:26 PM.
    i5 2500K | MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz

It installed both on my computer but i only use 1.2.3 normal client. Should I just uninstall the backwards one?

No, that honestly shouldn't matter.

Is the server using a specific port that you aren't entering correctly?
    Have you tried opening the default mumble port(s) on your router?
    Are you really sure you haven't been banned from the server?

That's all I can think of tbh.
    i5 2500K | MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz

FIXED

Ok so it ended up being a problem with Comcast, my ISP. Their recommended online security was blocking that particular server and nobody knows why lol. Had to use custom security through their website. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by swordcoast25 View Post
    FIXED

Ok so it ended up being a problem with Comcast, my ISP. Their recommended online security was blocking that particular server and nobody knows why lol. Had to use custom security through their website. Weird.
    Mind posting how you did this? Several people I know have had this problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're having an issue, I'd recommend making a new post. This one is a year old. Closing.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab