Thoughts on the buffed Conversion

I think many people greatly underestimate the 5.2 Conversion spell. This particular ability is very sensitive to change and tweaking it slightly could make make it completely useless again. I know how everyone despises Second Wind, and this is essentially the same if not worse and I can already see QQ threads about this ability. Personally I'm definitely looking forward to this as its combined usage with Death's Advance could make it incredibly difficult for opponents to score kills and it finally allows us to use our mobility a bit more defensively without delaying the inevitable as we previously wouldn't have a consistent heal. You don't necessarily need to have it active at all times but 5 runic power per second is very easy to handle, especially when you kite as Chains of Ice generations quite a nice amount of runic power. I still think that we're in need of having the CD of Gnaw and Strangulate reduced in half to actually allow us to CC more than once per month but I'm afraid that such a change combined with Conversion would make us overpowered and as much as I love this buff, I still think our lack of CC should be prioritized.

So my question to you guys is, what do you think of this change?

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad you brought this up because I was going to make a thread on it. DK's are flying under the radar right now.

I'm using Conversion on the PTR and its massively OP if you're Unholy with Death's Advance against most melee. You basically just blow all of your cds with garg and kite them with conversion up while spamming ice of chains.

Frost is good as well because Frost Strike really isn't a big deal except that it gives you blood tap charges. But Frost is swimming in runic power that its not a huge rune loss anyway. Also note that you really don't keep conversion up 100% of the time, only when a melee or even caster is trying to one shot you. Against melee just kite and spam ice of chains and with casters, toggle it on every time you are being kited.

Conversion needs to be nerfed to at least have a duration, maybe 10 seconds or something and have a 40 second cool down.

I see a lot of people complaining about Rogues on the PTR, but Unholy is easily the anti Rogue that isn't tank spec. Icebound, Deaths Advance, Unholy Presence, Desecrated Ground, Gnaw and the Trinket pretty much ensure that the Rogue can't get an opener or even touch you.

The reason we're currently under the radar is becuase on live we're not among the good arena classes, we'll see how it turns out I guess. I really don't think they'll conisder changing Conversion before the patch goes live tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh. The main reason Second Wind is OP is because its automatic, with no negative effects. Get stuned, get rage. Under 35%, get heals.

Conversion? For unholy, it slows down the usage of Death Coil. For 2handed frost, it slows down the amount of RP generation, for DW, it decreases the amount of survivabilty you have. Certainly, you can survive for a much longer time with it, but it really KILLS your damage. ATM, live, blizz thinks it kills your damage too much, thus the 100% buff to it's uptime. Same hps as before, a DK that died before with it is still going to die now. The only difference is that you can have it up twice as often, although that also means that you have much longer time without bonus RP generation, which for 2 of the 4 specs, is responsible for over half the rp generated.

Every time you use Frost Strike, thats 12% less hp you can regen. Death Coil, 15% less hp you can regen. IMO, its allright. Now, rather then Death Pact being the ONLY choice, you have 1 of 3 choices again. 2 will decrease your damage, but can put out more healing. 1 is essentially free, and can/should be used with Raise Dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Eh. The main reason Second Wind is OP is because its automatic, with no negative effects. Get stuned, get rage. Under 35%, get heals.

Conversion? For unholy, it slows down the usage of Death Coil. For 2handed frost, it slows down the amount of RP generation, for DW, it decreases the amount of survivabilty you have. Certainly, you can survive for a much longer time with it, but it really KILLS your damage. ATM, live, blizz thinks it kills your damage too much, thus the 100% buff to it's uptime. Same hps as before, a DK that died before with it is still going to die now. The only difference is that you can have it up twice as often, although that also means that you have much longer time without bonus RP generation, which for 2 of the 4 specs, is responsible for over half the rp generated.

Every time you use Frost Strike, thats 12% less hp you can regen. Death Coil, 15% less hp you can regen. IMO, its allright. Now, rather then Death Pact being the ONLY choice, you have 1 of 3 choices again. 2 will decrease your damage, but can put out more healing. 1 is essentially free, and can/should be used with Raise Dead.
    I don't think you understand how easy it will be to keep up as Unholy at least and it will definitely compensate for the small amount of damage we lose when we need to play def.

Deleted
    I was expecting pet sac and chillblains to be the main talents in 3s, since unholy no longer got desecration. My DK is lvl 90 and I am planning on capping every week on it in 5.2 to keep it geared, but right now my DK knowledge is limited so I may be wrong.

In 2s and duels I can see conversion and death's advance will become strong, but since second wind is still un-changed (defensive stance is though), I'm not really seeing Blizzard change conversion for the sake of duels/2s.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    I was expecting pet sac and chillblains to be the main talents in 3s, since unholy no longer got desecration. My DK is lvl 90 and I am planning on capping every week on it in 5.2 to keep it geared, but right now my DK knowledge is limited so I may be wrong.

In 2s and duels I can see conversion and death's advance will become strong, but since second wind is still un-changed (defensive stance is though), I'm not really seeing Blizzard change conversion for the sake of duels/2s.
    It's in the official patch notes right now m8