Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    I don't recall him insulting their religion, just in a nutshell stating that Oshu'gun was theirs and they needed it back. Just another case of the orcs having a tendency to take what belongs to others and turn it to something of their own.
    It's the same as going to Mecca and saying the Kaaba is an alien spaceship. You would be lynched in seconds.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    It's the same as going to Mecca and saying the Kaaba is an alien spaceship. You would be lynched in seconds.
    the Kaaba is an alien spaceship and Mohammed was only visited by Gabriel (Michael? I forget) because he was attracted to the Giant Windchime that powers the spaceship
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    the Kaaba is an alien spaceship and Mohammed was only visited by Gabriel (Michael? I forget) because he was attracted to the Giant Windchime that powers the spaceship
    It doesn't matter what the truth is, speaking against the religion is blasphemy. Blasphemy is never received well.

10+ Year Old Account
    with the final patch of this expansion.. I can see both Draeni and Orcs, mending their old hatred for one another. But who knows anymore with this Shamalyan thing, blizzard likes to do!

Deleted
    Plenty of time to educate the Orcs about the Legion during the 1000 years they peacefully coexisted. IDk when Velen had his vision, but he should have been actively recruiting races to fight the Legion.

They were tricked into attacking the Draenei. This, they are responsible for. "Just following orders" is not an excuse.

However, Orcs are not responsible for the things they did under the effects of the Blood Curse. Yes, they willingly drank the Blood, but they didn't know it had mental effects. Their steroids were spiked with a psychoactive drug without their knowledge. IRL, you cannot give consent when you are drugged in this way. That's why date rape is a type of statutory rape.

I mentioned Doomhammer because he started the 2nd War despite being Blood-free. It's inconsistent with his motivation. He disagreed with the war on the Draenei because he didn't think it was a just war. He believed Gul'dan and the warlocks were taking the Orcs down the wrong path. But when he deposed them, he continued their war.

If the Orcs were so blood thirsty and hellbent on conquest, why didn't they attack the Draenei sooner? They had 1000 years to start a war with the Draenei on their own.

Back to the original topic: I noticed this part of the epilogue for Rise of the Horde. After Thrall finishes recounting the events of the book:

Even Thrall, knowing the full story between the Orcs, Legion, and Draenei, still considers them the worst enemy the Orcs had ever known. The Draenei are worse than the Legion or Gul'dan in Thrall's mind.
    "Hey guys, I know we haven't talked much since we came here, but just in case a guy, that looks just like a reddish version of me, ever tries to convince you to do some evil shit like killing us - don't do it."

I don't know maybe, he just never expected the Burning Legion to find them. It took them 1000 years.

Yes the orcs are responsible. I mean who else? Nobody? The Burning Legion? In a sense, sure. I mean I'm not gonna blame the average orc guy for succumbing to that bloodlust, I guess it takes a very strong mind to resist that, but still, they were the ones who drank the blood, they were the ones who committed the "crimes". I'm don't think just letting them off the hook is right. Even if the worst they've done is not being able to control that bloodlust, people like that you want to at least keep locked up so they can't do any harm.

Orcs lived peacefully with the Draenei for many years, but they were still fighters, who loved to kill. The clans constantly fought each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pizz View Post
    with the final patch of this expansion.. I can see both Draeni and Orcs, mending their old hatred for one another. But who knows anymore with this Shamalyan thing, blizzard likes to do!
    They will according to Velen's vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    "Hey guys, I know we haven't talked much since we came here, but just in case a guy, that looks just like a reddish version of me, ever tries to convince you to do some evil shit like killing us - don't do it."

I don't know maybe, he just never expected the Burning Legion to find them. It took them 1000 years.
    It would have been nice to at least tell the Orcs why they landed on the planet during their first contact. Share some of their history around the campfire while drinking flagons of mead.

Yes the orcs are responsible. I mean who else? Nobody? The Burning Legion? In a sense, sure. I mean I'm not gonna blame the average orc guy for succumbing to that bloodlust, I guess it takes a very strong mind to resist that, but still, they were the ones who drank the blood, they were the ones who committed the "crimes". I'm don't think just letting them off the hook is right. Even if the worst they've done is not being able to control that bloodlust, people like that you want to at least keep locked up so they can't do any harm.

Orcs lived peacefully with the Draenei for many years, but they were still fighters, who loved to kill. The clans constantly fought each other.
    Rehab.

Deleted

It would have been nice to at least tell the Orcs why they landed on the planet during their first contact. Share some of their history around the campfire while drinking flagons of mead.

Rehab.
    No, no, no.

Even Thrall, knowing the full story between the Orcs, Legion, and Draenei, still considers them the worst enemy the Orcs had ever known. The Draenei are worse than the Legion or Gul'dan in Thrall's mind.
    Thrall's either a complete moron or egregiously misinformed if he believes that. The orcs obliterated the draenei, they didn't even stand a chance against the orcs.

lolwut? Nobundo is one of Thrall's best friends in the Earthen Ring. Thrall doesn't hate the Draenei at all...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Thrall's either a complete moron or egregiously misinformed if he believes that. The orcs obliterated the draenei, they didn't even stand a chance against the orcs.
    Some writers just suck. There's no other explanation.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, no, no.
    Um,

Yes, Yes, his response didn't make sense anyways

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 07:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    lolwut? Nobundo is one of Thrall's best friends in the Earthen Ring. Thrall doesn't hate the Draenei at all...
    Rise of the Horde would have been Thrall's recounting of the tale before meeting Nobundo

Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Um,

Yes, Yes, his response didn't make sense anyways
    Unless I'm mistaken, he was referring to the Amy Winehouse song.

The Horde and Alliance like to try and kill each other when they get bored. That the Draenei are getting killed because in fleeing the Fel Orcs they got lost and rammed into Azeroth and ended up joining the Alliance. The previous conflict they had with the Orcs is actually pretty irrelevant to the whole thing.

Deleted
    Unless I'm mistaken, he was referring to the Amy Winehouse song.
    Yeah I was

It was Godwinned in the first post.
    Ooh so it was. LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted

Rehab.
    I don't know, why didn't the orcs try to befriend the Draenei. Both races seemed to pretty much keep to themselves. Maybe both for the same reasons.

Deleted
    Why are the orcs and draenei still at war?

Because just like this thread they don't know when to stop.

The serious answer though is the Draenei just haven't forgiven them for Genocide
    Last edited by mmoc1dde548293; 2013-01-22 at 12:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Why are the orcs and draenei still at war?

Because just like this thread they don't know when to stop.

The serious answer though is the Draenei just haven't forgiven them for Genocide
    I'm not gonna let this thread end. Not like this.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not gonna let this thread end. Not like this.
    What you think you're allowed the last word?

I mean, he's right. The entire reason the Horde and Alliance are still at war is a third party fucking shit up for chuckles and both sides being headed by people who are too egotistical to swallow their pride and work it out.

Deleted
    What you think you're allowed the last word?

I mean, he's right. The entire reason the Horde and Alliance are still at war is a third party fucking shit up for chuckles and both sides being headed by people who are too egotistical to swallow their pride and work it out.
    I need permission for that?