Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Not anything set in stone, though I'm sure it'd have been done behind the scenes of dictated lore.
    I'd say it just didn't happen because the orcs really don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    which is a real show of character if you ask me.
    What, that the orcs blame themselves for making a rather literal deal with the devil, despite the circumstances which led the devil to them? I'd agree. Warcraft orcs are one of the better races in the world. They're so deliciously complex, yet still "simple".

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Bollocks. The orcs definitely care, at least the older ones do. You'd have to ignore a good deal of lore in order to say that they didn't care about slaughtering hundreds while under the sway of demons.

What, that the orcs blame themselves for making a rather literal deal with the devil, despite the circumstances which led the devil to them? I'd agree. Warcraft orcs are one of the better races in the world. They're so deliciously complex, yet still "simple".
    thats' what I'm sayin braj.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    World of Warcraft is not Earth. The orcs are not Germany. The draenei are not only big on demon hate, including much of anything that's been tainted by it, but have also formed alliances with an organization which is at war with the Horde.
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    The orcs are not Germany.
    Just had to quote that. The orcs from LoTR were said to be Tolkiens way to deal with his expierences from WW1. He never admited it, but his words were „We were all orcs in the Great War“.

On topic: The can't have all the races become peaceful to each other. This is still a game about a faction war, with some extraordinary, temporary alliances here and there. I don't even remember an orc and a draenei beeing friends in any of all the factions, but I could be wrong here.
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

Deleted
    Bollocks. The orcs definitely care, at least the older ones do. You'd have to ignore a good deal of lore in order to say that they didn't care about slaughtering hundreds while under the sway of demons.
    But they don't care about calming the waves between them and the Draenei.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalian View Post
    So, orcs and draenei use to prance around Draenor picking flowers until the demons came and corrupted the orcs forcing them to genocide draenei so now that the orcs have their minds back they are still at war.

I mean, Germany had their last genocide about 70 years ago and they're now allies with all of their targets. And the Germans weren't even corrupted by intergalactic demons. >.<
    To answer your question

People keep mentioning that about germans and comparing germans to and holding germans accountable for that blight in their past. And it has been that many years. It is doubtful people will ever let them [be] forgive[n] i guess.

For the wow deal it has been less since the orcs left their demon infused blood lust behind.

Also for your own safety do not ever say to an orc that they were prancing around Draenor picking flowers, it would not end well

10+ Year Old Account
    The orcs paved a road using the bones of innocent women and children. Of course the Draenei are still pissed.
    Last edited by Puck; 2013-01-14 at 06:27 AM.

why should they if they have joined their sworn enemy of the day? follow me here but i see Draenei paladins on the beaches in Krarasang attacking horde troops under the alliance banner. what message is that gonna send? there is a little give and take here if you want to reach peace.
    Last edited by Sky High; 2013-01-14 at 06:34 AM.

That's mainly due to the younger generation. They're brash and bold (which is partly why Garrosh became so popular) and think the old foolish to live in the past (though really it's just remembering the mistakes of the past). Basically any orc who was a warrior during and prior to the second war is more penitent and would be more willing to calm the waves. It is the younger generation who think it is all too far in the past to really matter.

It's not like the draenei are doing much to champion peace between the two groups either. Out of the two I would say the orcs are the most "in the wrong", but it's hardly black-and-white, as I assume you think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    why should they if they have joined their sworn enemy of the day? follow me here but i see Draenei paladins on the beaches in Krarasang attacking horde troops under the alliance banner. there is a little give and take here if you want to reach peace.
    That is happenening 6 years after they crashlanded on Azeroth. And they allied with the Alliance before they ever knew the orcs were even on Azeroth and that they were at war with them. They allied with them because the Alliance was there to help them when they landed.

The thing here is that you can't say the Draenei should forgive the orcs, if the orcs have never shown them in the slightest that they regretted their actions.

10+ Year Old Account
    because they are my friends and I hate orcs

on a serious note...... that road in hellfire

and why saurfang does not eat port.... yes he admits he does bad things, but did the draenei ever get vindication or justice against him?

we humans did a shit job of making them serve for their crimes. they should have listened to me.

That is happenening 6 years after they crashlanded on Azeroth. And they allied with the Alliance before they ever knew the orcs were even on Azeroth and that they were at war with them. They allied with them because the Alliance was there to help them when they landed.

The thing here is that you can't say the Draenei should forgive the orcs, if the orcs have never shown them in the slightest that they regretted their actions.
    I see an obvious bias here, which confirms my suspicions. Have a good time, then.

I don't like discussing lore with people who refuse to see everything associated with it, for good or bad.

Deleted
    It's not like the draenei are doing much to champion peace between the two groups either. Out of the two I would say the orcs are the most "in the wrong", but it's hardly black-and-white, as I assume you think.
    Well if you're the one side that was slaughtered for no reason, you can kind of understand that the Draenei don't greet the orcs with open arms. The orcs are the most "in the wrong"? Excuse me, but what have the Draenei ever done to deserve the mass-slaugther that happened on Draenor?

10+ Year Old Account

saurfang wont eat pork, because when they kill the boars the screams mind him of when he killed draenei children
    the closest you get to them regretting what they did

Deleted
    I see an obvious bias here, which confirms my suspicions. Have a good time, then.
    What bias?

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 07:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    saurfang wont eat pork, because when they kill the boars the screams mind him of when he killed draenei children
    I don't doubt that there are orcs who regret what they did. But as long as they never show that in some form to the Draenei, and try to make amends, the Draenei won't know and you can't expect them to forgive the orcs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say it just didn't happen
    I'd say
    I'd
    thats your opinion, and its a subjective one at that
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    thats your opinion, and its a subjective one at that
    Thanks, Sherlock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    i guess you havent seen the rest of the conversation between him and garrosh...

talk about pick and choosing select parts of a quote...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

so outland and the Draenei with the alliance there didn't mean anything? and no they came to azeroth with the intended purpose of joining the alliance. they knew they were at odds with the orcs from the get go. and I'm not saying they should forgive the orcs for anything. but if they want to mend the fence joining the side that at it's core is against the orcs is not a step in the right direction. i know all too well the orcs are to blame for what happened, but why should they try to reach peace with the Draenei when they stand with the alliance?

---------- Post added 2013-01-13 at 10:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    i guess you havent seen the rest of the conversation between him and garrosh...

talk about pick and choosing select parts of a quote...
    this is genn greymane we are talking about here: treat him as if he's your not so sane uncle.

Deleted
    Maybe I can give a more simple example. Let's say you kill someone and the family of that person finds out it was you. Of course they hate you. Now after a couple of years you start to regret what you've done. But you never actually tell them that. Can you expect them to forgive you?