Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Looking into being a achievement ******

Greetings there, as the title says, Im looking into achievements in the game, I've had a long break from the game and is looking into it again, what I want the most at the very moment is to try to get achievements !

What guides would you suggest?

Any class that is stonger in achievement farming than others?

What would you suggest to make this a nice experience for me ?

Deleted
    DK/Pala/Hunter is best for farming achievements, you can solo much more content as one of those classes then others. Also as DK/pala you can be tank, so you will find achiev groups much faster.

1) time
    2) willingness to pvp

If you look at my achievement breakdown, I'm pretty high in most categories but middling in pvp so that's what holds me personally back
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

I've been looking into druids, how do them do with solo content etc? I just feel they can be strong how they can fill every role in the game atm

Quote Originally Posted by Belsebob View Post
    Greetings there, as the title says, Im looking into achievements in the game, I've had a long break from the game and is looking into it again, what I want the most at the very moment is to try to get achievements !

What guides would you suggest?

Any class that is stonger in achievement farming than others?

What would you suggest to make this a nice experience for me ?
    Leave the quest zone achievements/
    Those take a massively long time.

Do random pvp achievements, exploration and profession achievements

Nice class for solo content is Dk.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't matter what class you are really. As long as you are willing to spend time and effort you can go far.

The only tip I can give is to plan ahead what achievements you will do, and in which order. You can save lots of time doing so.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Deleted
    You can also use the sticky in this section to let others decide what achievement you should do

I would go for a DK. They are beasts when it comes to soloing content!

I would suggest going for achievements in the following order based on the amount of time needed for them:

World Events -> Exploration -> General -> Scenarios -> Quests -> Professions -> Dungeons & Raids -> Pet Battles -> PvP

It's hard to fit Reputations into that as a lot of Reputations can reach Exalted in just doing stuff, particularly the Faction home cities and all of the Wrath+Cata reputations. As for what class to go with for soloing, they're all pretty decent though Rogues, Mages and Priests are probably the weakest classes for PvE content

There are many pvp achievements I would suggest doing while leveling - that become near impossible to casually get once at cap.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    There are many pvp achievements I would suggest doing while leveling - that become near impossible to casually get once at cap.
    TBH you really shouldn't be soloing PvP achievements. Not worth the headache given how long a single fight normally takes. But here's a list of some of the more difficult unrated PvP achievements.

-General-
    Wrecking Ball

-WSG-
    Ironman
    Save the Day

-AB-
    We Had It All Along *cough*
    Arathi Basin Perfection
    Resilient Victory

-AV-
    Stormpike Perfection
    Alterac Valley All-Star
    To The Looter Go The Spoils

-EotS-
    The Perfect Storm
    Bound For Glory
    Storm Glory

-Strand-
    Defense of the Ancients
    Not Even A Scratch
    Artillery Expert

-IoC-
    Honestly, none of these are too terrible to get. Just bring a posse with you.

-Gilneas-
    Out of the Fog
    Jugger-not
    Battle for Gilneas Assassin

-Twin Peaks-
    Cloud Nine
    Double Jeopardy

-Wintergrasp-
    Within Our Grasp (if only because of how few people still queue for this)
    Wintergrasp Ranger (see above)
    Didn't Stand A Chance (see above and because Turrets hit for so little to a 90)

-Tol Barad-
    None are hard, even with how few people queue as all but one of the achievements are cumulative over multiple battles. Towers of Power is easy enough.

Haven't done any of the MoP BGs.

10+ Year Old Account
    openraid.us

Awesome site for getting cross realm raids of old content going for achs and xmog. I joined a little over a month ago and have got about 1.2k ach points from the runs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by M00 View Post
    openraid.us

Awesome site for getting cross realm raids of old content going for achs and xmog. I joined a little over a month ago and have got about 1.2k ach points from the runs.
    Great tip, helps alot with planning aswell as you have a set time when the raid starts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    1) time
    2) willingness to pvp

If you look at my achievement breakdown, I'm pretty high in most categories but middling in pvp so that's what holds me personally back
    To be honest, <16k points is quite average.

And yes, PVP is annoying part. Also, I struggle to find like-minded people for Challenge runs, not many people want paladin tanks for that.

Play a class you enjoy, but I can attest that some classes can solo easier than others. I solo a bunch of old content on my shaman (ele) and warrior (prot/fury), and each can solo content the other can't. Some stuff is easier for ranged dps, other stuff for tankier types.

I solo SWP, TK and Naxx as a rogue but it can be quite painful. Takes a fair amount of practice to get used to def-CD and dps-CD pops while spamming shiv.
    Could probably do a few bosses in Uld as well. Never tried.

Main reason i would choose a dk is becoz they start at level 50 or was it 55(Never played a dk)
    They have ranged DoT's which is useful for solo Ony and great heals and aoe cleaves with high damage mitigation + plate wearers and not very gear punishing in terms of dps.
    Really flexible class depending on the fight.

Just before i get trolled. I am talking about annoying mechanic fights 80+ bosses and debuff stacking bosses. EG. Toravon

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post
    I solo SWP, TK and Naxx as a rogue but it can be quite painful. Takes a fair amount of practice to get used to def-CD and dps-CD pops while spamming shiv.

Main reason i would choose a dk is becoz they start at level 50 or was it 55(Never played a dk)
    They have ranged DoT's which is useful for solo Ony and great heals and aoe cleaves with high damage mitigation + plate wearers and not very gear punishing in terms of dps.

Just before i get trolled. I am talking about annoying mechanic fights 80+ bosses and debuff stacking bosses. EG. Toravon
    DKs start at 55.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post

I wouldn't care if you start at level 55 or level 1. 1-55 could be done chilling over a weekend. You should play something you enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by GaFFron View Post
    DK/Pala/Hunter is best for farming achievements, you can solo much more content as one of those classes then others. Also as DK/pala you can be tank, so you will find achiev groups much faster.
    Me and my voidlord say hi. With insane threat gen and high armor he can take quite the beating, and as afflic soulburn:health funnel makes it extremely easy to keep him alive (or if you go destro, soul link + ember tap also wins).

For the most part any class with a pet that can effectively tank will be a surefire bet for soloing raid content (the lock solo thread is updated almost daily with people soloing stuff in T11/12/13, normal and heroic). Sure DKs have always been known to be the kings of soloing, but these days other classes are starting to move into the spotlight (and in some cases outperform DKs). I know a DK in my guild couldn't solo toravon 25 because of the stacking DoT, but for me I just let my voidy die every once in awhile to reset stacks and pop an instant resummon.

Aside from raiding there are a lot of other achieves out there that can be soloed, and as others have said openraid is a really good tool for organizing cross realm groups to take down raid achieves.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

id start with dungeon and raid achievements they're the most fun. ulduar is huge go do ulduar lots and lots of ulduar

I suggest that you have a lot of time on your hands, and that you are willing to do both pvp and pve. Any class i think should be ok.