Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Just something to think about...

Hey well just thought i would share a idea i had no idea if its against the lore of windwalker monks so please dont troll but lets rather discuss this.

As you know brew have a statue and so does mistweaver why doesnt windwalker have one ?

maybe this could be somthing blizzard look into ?
    i don't know what the statue can give but maybe a raid buff or something that benefits the raid group for example
    When the monk hits a target, there is a chance on hit that all raid members get a buff ?
    or when monk hits a target, the statue gives a chance on hit to give 10% more haste for 10sec for the monk

now like i said i dont know the lore but this could be a great spell that could be what the monk is looking for.

Feedback would be great !

I don't play a monk but in the raids I've played I see them plop down a statue at the start of the fight and then move it only when people go out of range, so as a new spell for your rotation it might not be such a good idea.

Or did you want something to buff WW monks dps why not just buff the other spells slightly? Also your idea of placing a statue and the statue gives the monk a chance on hit to increase haste by x% doesn't seem statue worthy seeing as the other statues all give a buff to the raid members.

wind-walker doesnt have a statue so it would be a statue for Windwalker

I know WW doesn't have a statue but what I meant was that since it only buffs the WW monk it would be pointless to make it a statue.

I believe that the reason why the other specs have statues is because they buff the rest of the group/raid.

I guess the reason WW doesn't get a statue is because Xuen would be the obvious choice for a statue, but we already summon Xuen as a cooldown. So it would look a bit odd maybe?

Ignoring that, what would a statue for WW do? Looking at what the others do for their respective specs...

Mistweaver, a healer: Heals people. Duh.
    Brewmaster, a tank that protects people from damage: gives out Guards which protect people from damage.

So there's two aspects to a statue: it must benefit the raid, and it must do so in a way that is thematically appropriate for the class. Well there's only really one option: the statue would give out damage boosts to random people in the raid every time the Windwalker deals a certain amount of damage. The same mechanic as the Ox Statue, in other words.

The problem with this is I can easily see this making Windwalkers mandatory in raids. It would also encourage 'meter padding', but for a beneficial effect. Imagine Protectors of the Endless: there's no point to DPSing all 3 protectors at the same time, but if the Windwalker would give out more damage boosts when dealing more damage? They're going to be padding the shit out of those meters! (Or well, they would once 5.2 hits and they can use SE&F :P) And you couldn't tell them not to, because by doing so they're giving damage boosts to the rest of the raid to boost their single target damage.

So yeah... I don't really see it being possible to balance appropriately. It works for the Mistweaver because they're all about the smart heals. It works for Brewmasters because every tank has cooldowns to benefit the raid: Raid-wide guards is just one more of those. But for Windwalkers? Ehhh... Difficult.

I thought about this myself before.

Since WW's AoE seems kinda ridiculous to me, cause honestly - constant spinning on one foot looks a little bit silly, especially considering the only thing you add to this "rotation" is Rising Sun Kick and Tiger's Palm to refresh their debuffs. Rest is just about smashing the same button over and over. I wouldn't mind that, but the spell itself looks pretty weird and perhaps a bit too much flashy.

So what I propose - place the statue, continue your everyday single target rotation, and the statue would distribute the AoE - ofcourse there would have to be some kind of AoE penalty and other stuff like that.

WW could use the statue of the crane, even if it's not the main animal spirit of the spec, because, as someone pointed out, Xuen it's the obvious WW's statue but we can already summon him. But, even though, a Xuen statue wouldn't be crazy, it could buff the monk with some sort of Crackling Lightining (maybe as a proc) when attacking, something like an auto Chain Lightning maybe? I don't know.

all this could be ideas so when a blizzard programmer can get a idea

We had a statue in beta, but it was scraped for good reason. Does a static statue really fit the theme of one of the most mobile specs in the game? Look at how people complain about FoF!

Quote Originally Posted by Schaden View Post
    We had a statue in beta, but it was scraped for good reason. Does a static statue really fit the theme of one of the most mobile specs in the game? Look at how people complain about FoF!
    That's not a huge deal. 40 yard radius, same as the other statues, would mean it'd basically be fire and forget. It's rare that I need to move my statue, for example.

It once existed...

Summon White Tiger Statue
    40 yard range. 5 sec cast. Summons a White Tiger Statue at the target location. Lasts for 6 minutes. Limit 1 Statue. When you consume 3 Chi, your Statue will conjure a White Tiger Effigy which travels towards the last enemy you attacked, dealing 846 damage. If the effigy travels for 5 seconds, it becomes lusted, moving at a greater speed and dealing 100% increased damage.
    Tiger's Lust (on-click effect)
    Increases the damage done by the ally and the Monk by 15% for 6 seconds. Limit 2 charges per statue.

Sounds really nice tbh, don't know why the scrapped it
    Yeah its weird that WW are the only monks who don't get a statue

Well thats why i made this so we can get ideas for blizzard because im sure they read things like this once in a while to see what players think ?
    and also it be great, it could be the fix to our burst problems or make monks a assest in the raid group for top guilds

Deleted
    It was scrapped, because it was a royal pain in the ass. You had to keep the distance between the boss and the statue constantly at about 35-40y to get lusted effigies. Believe me when I say that it was neither awesome nor fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Natu View Post
    It was scrapped, because it was a royal pain in the ass. You had to keep the distance between the boss and the statue constantly at about 35-40y to get lusted effigies. Believe me when I say that it was neither awesome nor fun.
    Yeah, have to agree with this. Reading that description just made me wince. Can't imagine the annoyance of having to perfectly position your statue like that. Brewmaster/Mistweaver, you just plonk it down near the raid or in the centre of the room and you're done. That particular design, while innovative, would end up being incredibly frustrating and un-fun.

it does sound annoying

They should just have a minor glyph for cosmetic/rp purposes. Maybe increase movement speed out of combat or something.

Deleted
    Not really a statue.. but WW Monks are getting a new spell in 5.2. For the life of me I can't remember the name, but it can summon two spirits to fight for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point, I don't think WWs need a statue. They already have Legacy of the White Tiger buff, and soon they'll have SE&F.

The statues are kind of boring IMO. They certainly look cool, but their effects are rather dull. Certainly not on the same level of SF&F, that's for sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JKinTMC View Post
    It once existed...

Summon White Tiger Statue
    40 yard range. 5 sec cast. Summons a White Tiger Statue at the target location. Lasts for 6 minutes. Limit 1 Statue. When you consume 3 Chi, your Statue will conjure a White Tiger Effigy which travels towards the last enemy you attacked, dealing 846 damage. If the effigy travels for 5 seconds, it becomes lusted, moving at a greater speed and dealing 100% increased damage.
    Tiger's Lust (on-click effect)
    Increases the damage done by the ally and the Monk by 15% for 6 seconds. Limit 2 charges per statue.

Sounds really nice tbh, don't know why the scrapped it
    Yeah its weird that WW are the only monks who don't get a statue
    loved it on beta, very sad they removed it

Quote Originally Posted by Sonç View Post
    Not really a statue.. but WW Monks are getting a new spell in 5.2. For the life of me I can't remember the name, but it can summon two spirits to fight for you.
    Isn't it Storm, Earth and Fire or the like? It does look pretty cool honestly?