Thread: I'm sick. =(

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I'm sick. =(

It's hard to not get sick when you have a house full of sick people. I have a bad cough and slight stuffy nose. Believe it or not, medicine doesn't seem to work for me. So any other tips and tricks to get over this quickly? Especially this nasty cough.

Deleted
    Sleep, sleep and more sleep!

Deleted
    Steam, lots of steam. Boil some water, put it in a bowl, get a towel, hang above the bowl, towel over head covering your head and bowl. Should fix the nose real good.
    And shower at least once a day.

Deleted
    Soup.

Soup always works.

A nice hot bowl of lentil soup...

I'm hungry now

10+ Year Old Account
    - Run hot water over a cloth until it is steaming, then lean your head down into the sink, and put the cloth on your face. Should go up into your nose and loosen the snot.
    - Lemon is amazing for colds.
    - If you have a sore throat, eat food like toast. Apparently it's rough texture scratches at the sores and fixes them somehow.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Staler View Post
    Not being on internet is a good start.
    What is this, 1985 parenting ? It's the internet, he's sitting or laying down relaxing. I don't see the issue here... when i was sick as a kid i was in bed playing video games all the time, you can't really expect somebody to sleep 24/7.

Heroin is a good start.

Warning: Please, refrain from giving non-constructive dangerous advice on these forums. If sarcastic advice is taken seriously it could be extremely problematic.
    Last edited by mmocf558c230a5; 2013-01-14 at 12:26 PM.

I'm quite enjoying my bed. My laptop is also keeping my lap warm.

Drink, sleep, chicken soup, and repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    A cough is usually cured within a week when you visit a doctor. Without a doctor however it takes 7 days...

It'll pass in its own time, but until then you shall get "interesting" tips here.
    I doubt any of them will be more interesting then someone telling me that masturbation can cure headaches. Yes, I have tried it and although you no longer feel the headache when you orgasm, it just comes right back and feels even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    I doubt any of them will be more interesting then someone telling me that masturbation can cure headaches.
    You make it sound like that's not common knowledge??

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, our mother used to make us either a mixture of apple cider vinegar, honey and hotwater, and sip it slowly over as long of a period as you can, aslong as it's still warm-hot. Cold fluid's don't help. You can also have honey and lemon mixed in hot water.

Also, DON't touch milk or dairy products if it's a flemy cough.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    It's hard to not get sick when you have a house full of sick people. I have a bad cough and slight stuffy nose. Believe it or not, medicine doesn't seem to work for me. So any other tips and tricks to get over this quickly? Especially this nasty cough.

Pull yourself together, Grab a couple of cough sweets and get on with your day.
    A cough and runny nose dont stop your day. Come back when your running a high fever, have the shivers, profound cold sweats, and blurry vision. then you can complain.

another way to think about it is "if you seen a £10 note on the floor in the street could you pick it up, or would you just say fuck it"

There's not a lot of options of things to do when you're sick. Personally I have to do something when I'm sick, even if it's just being on the internet. I'd die of boredom if I just was in bed doing nothing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookeh View Post
    Steam, lots of steam. Boil some water, put it in a bowl, get a towel, hang above the bowl, towel over head covering your head and bowl. Should fix the nose real good.
    And shower at least once a day.
    this mate, remember some wiskey to take some of it aaswell, some painkillers, go to sleep as much as possible, and yeah, hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    Pull yourself together, Grab a couple of cough sweets and get on with your day.
    A cough and runny nose dont stop your day. Come back when your running a high fever, have the shivers, profound cold sweats, and blurry vision. then you can complain.

another way to think about it is "if you seen a £10 note on the floor in the street could you pick it up, or would you just say fuck it"
    Nothing wrong with trying to find out small tips and tricks that would help relieve a bad cough. Stuffy nose I don't care about because I just lay on the side that my nose isn't stuffed and the stuffed side magically clears up.. Until it switches to the other side.. Then in that case I roll over onto my other side.

- Shower once a day
    - Tea with honey
    - Watch Lord of the rings trilogy

Quote Originally Posted by papaz View Post
    - Shower once a day
    - Tea with honey
    - Watch Lord of the rings trilogy
    I love LotR

LoL how did you guessed my year? And yea i still stand on no internet when you're sick. It works for me and it's good not to be on it.
    Hey. When you own a laptop, you can go on the internet wherever you please. For all you know I could be on the toilet. Also. If not good to be on internet, why are you on internet?! =D
    Last edited by AdrianCC100; 2013-01-14 at 11:10 AM.

Isolation, for yours and others sake. Lots of rest. Steam, as others suggested. I also use a humidifier, but mostly because I have horrible year-round allergies (I live in what I believe is the allergy capitol of the world). Mostly rest, though. Don't overexert yourself. I worked for two days with it (no choice) and by the third day I could barely move. Get some Tylenol Cold &Flu night time stuff. It's great at helping the symptoms, plus it knocks me out like nothing else.
    A true Patriot fights for their country, not for their government.