Deleted

4p tier 14 question

Hello,

I have a question. I got lucky during a LFR and managed to get both the head and chest piece of my tier gear. Unfortunately, they are both going to replace 2 normal pieces of gear, so I was wondering if this was in fact worth the replacement.

This is my armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Fungi/advanced

Is the 4 piece bonus worth replacing the better itemised items with lesser ones from LFR? If possible, could some math be provided or an explanation as to why?

Many thanks.

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 03:23 PM ----------

The reason why I ask mainly, is because if I reforge my stuff to get to hitcap and with the statweights I currently have I seem to be losing a lot of stats:

losing around 170 critrating
    losing around 1030 haste rating
    losing around 150 intellect
    gain around 700 mastery

I lose a lot of my most valuable stats, while I gain my least valuable. Is the extra icy veins worth the loss of the other stats ?

A.

10+ Year Old Account
    In short, yes it's worth it. The frost 4 piece is very good and you're only going from 489 to 483 pieces. Also note that the tier chest is easily the best tier piece for frost.

As for the stats you will lose I can't seem to replicate your results.

From what I've tried your stat changes would be:

-256 Int
    -288 Haste
    -94 Crit
    +387 Mastery

Since the halved cd on icy veins is a 3-4% damage increase the net loss of stats is easily covered.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

Unless you're Fire and using AT/Combustion, the 4P (the T14 one at least) is always worth it, even moreso for Arcane, but ESPECIALLY Frost because it halves an amazing cooldown. Having IV at 90s is just awesome.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    In short, yes it's worth it. The frost 4 piece is very good and you're only going from 489 to 483 pieces. Also note that the tier chest is easily the best tier piece for frost.

As for the stats you will lose I can't seem to replicate your results.

From what I've tried your stat changes would be:

-256 Int
    -288 Haste
    -94 Crit
    +387 Mastery

Since the halved cd on icy veins is a 3-4% damage increase the net loss of stats is easily covered.
    I noticed the mistake I made (I compared to the shoulder-item instead of the chest-item). Anyway, after reforge to remain hitcapped (remember the hood and chest are LFR pieces) I still lose 500 haste and a fair amount of intellect. Its not 1000 haste though, so I guess it will definately be worth switching over. Thanks for the tips.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexN View Post
    I noticed the mistake I made (I compared to the shoulder-item instead of the chest-item). Anyway, after reforge to remain hitcapped (remember the hood and chest are LFR pieces) I still lose 500 haste and a fair amount of intellect. Its not 1000 haste though, so I guess it will definately be worth switching over. Thanks for the tips.
    Remember you don't actually have to get to or over the hit cap, its not always a dps gain. Using rawr with the 4 piece you would have 14.94% hit and askmrrobot had 14.97% hit.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

Set Bonus is just awesome. I also "downgraded" for the set bonus

Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    Set Bonus is just awesome. I also "downgraded" for the set bonus
    i have the same query too, i am arcane with haste reforges and gemmings. im going to change the same items. is the 4tier set bonus worth it ???

Arcane mage 490 item level

Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    Remember you don't actually have to get to or over the hit cap, its not always a dps gain. Using rawr with the 4 piece you would have 14.94% hit and askmrrobot had 14.97% hit.
    Paranoia + The off chance of that one spell being the one that causes an add to die before hitting an ally = Me being forced to hit 15%, no matter what the cost
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.