Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMechatronGamer View Post
    Your existence is insignificant. You are a here for a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of time. You are highly insignificant in the world, and the world is insignificant in the galaxy, and the galaxy is insignificant in the universe. The Earth is tiny and is only here for a fraction of time, a blink of an eye in the larger scheme of things. You will be completely forgotten and so will any memory of you. Nothing you ever say, do, or think will ever matter in any way, shape, or form, and neither will it last in any way.

You are completely and totally insignificant.

in·sig·nif·i·cant
    /ˌinsigˈnifikənt/
    Adjective
    Too small or unimportant to be worth consideration.
    (of a person) Without power or influence.
    Synonyms
    trifling - trivial - negligible - unimportant - petty

A graphical representation of your insignificance:
    -http://workshop.chromeexperiments.com/stars (Chrome Only)
    -http://scaleofuniverse.com
    no u
    /10chars :P

seriously, I feel bad for you if that is how you feel upon waking everyday. *comfort *hugs

EDIT~ I remember trying to convince you not to commit suicide last year through a bunch of PM's that I poured my heart into for you. I still feel you could do with counseling or talking to someone professional. I wish you the best <3
    Last edited by sugarlily; 2013-01-15 at 03:16 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay... so what? Life is pretty much meaningless as it is, but why does that even matter? Not everything is going to have an answer or even be relevant if you take things to an absolute extreme. So what if we don't make an impact on the universe as a whole because no one will be around to witness and process the event when everything ends. Until that point occurs, things we do are significant, whether it affects one person or the planet itself. It's all relative.

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 09:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Not really, it's being realistic.
    Not really, its setting yourself up to live a depressing life based on absolutes that you shouldn't bother to worry about excessively unless you want to go insane. You waste your life away worrying about everything we know can end at any given moment for any given reason therefore we should do nothing because our lives are meaningless. Meaningless to what, exactly? Something can't have meaning unless there is someone to witness a cause and effect in something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Significance is what you make it.

/thread
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Ty for letting me know?
    Sig done by ElyPop

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    who said that? Time or humanity? :P

O.T: We all know that, but we're not insignifcant to the world... we may be, but we can also make a big difference.

Note: Just worldwide..., for anything else we're insignificant
    The deathwing....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    Damn, what a buzz kill this thread is. I'm gonna go /wrists.
    But it doesn't have to be! I just explained why our insignificance allows for us to live more enriching life that derives importance from what we find to be meaningful.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see where you're coming from but I disagree with two of your premises.

In comparison to the entirety of space and time, every single person who has ever lived and ever will live can be considered insignificant, and so can every single object/structure even the largest galaxy in the universe could be considered insignificant when considering the entirety of time and space, but our lives are so tiny compared to that, that we shouldn't be comparing what we do to all of time and space. Think smaller and you'll find we can be significant even if it's just to your own house hold and children.

The other line I disagree with partially is this "and neither will it last in any way."
    Now for me, you're absolutely correct, and the same is true for almost everybody. But tell that to Einstein. As long as humanity lasts so to will Einstein name and theory. Now that might not make a difference to the other side of the universe but to humanity, that's a pretty big thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have a significant other...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    I have a significant other...
    Maybe, but does your significant other?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    If life is insignificant, then pretending it isn't insignificant is insignificant.

So why pretend it's insignificant? It's a self-defeating view of the universe.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    The universe as a whole; speaking about it as if it's alive and we're just a tiny part of its plan. Peoples lives spoken about as if there is some single goal we all strive to reach as a species. The whole "We are insignificant" is just a viewpoint, like any other, that the viewer creates for himself. The Universe isn't alive and we aren't part of a plan, and our lives are as significant as those who are a part of them consider it to be.

Any individual when compared to all of existence is going to be insignificant, but the universe isn't capable of conscious thought and therefore cannot know this. The only beings we know of that can truly attach the value of significance to others is us humans, and so we are as significant as our fellow humans see us.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

10+ Year Old Account
    On a cosmic scale? Maybe. Too my friends and family? Not at all.

Perspective. Learn it.

I prefer the ripple in the pond metaphor. For some people the ripple can last ages/become vast, (such as the acts of great leaders, philosophers, scientists, human rights activists etc.)

10+ Year Old Account
    1st link was sooo cool!
    Surrounded by idiots

So if we (You and me and kinda everyone) are insignificant, what do you think this thread is?

Deleted
    Who are we insignificant to? The Aliens hundreds or thousands of light years away? The Universe as a whole (though I doubt the universe can perceive significance and there fore can not perceive insignificance)? We are significant in the grand scheme of the Human race, and that is all we need to be for now.

Why should a spec of dust under a TV set in Austrailia be of any significance to Jupiter?

15+ Year Old Account
    Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun. Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-two million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Solipism: I'm not insignificant. I am literally the universe. It will cease to exist in any meaningful way when I die. It's comforting to the existentialist.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    I beg to differ. One man can change the world.
    The world is insignificant, seeing as how there are hundreds of billions of planets.

Time is what you make of it.

Also why has this gone on for 12 pages....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD