Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    I hope you instantly promoted that shaman and he passed his trial!
    Not only because of that but he has been promoted

Deleted
    Just two questions remain

a) why on earth would you not consider this bug-using/exploiting?
    b) why post this on a non-official forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Dialon View Post
    Just two questions remain

a) why on earth would you not consider this bug-using/exploiting?
    b) why post this on a non-official forum?
    a) Who says I don't? I'd consider it an exploit of oversight, not a bug. Read the OP for all information.
    b) To share it with people, some wanted to see how it looks when the health bar just goes full in a couple seconds.

For me, thats how raiding should look like. Your shaman was pretty genious, and with cooperation with other members of the group - who were also smart enough - you managed to down a difficult boss. Using all resources given you did miraclous things.

For me that's a way better and more epic way to kill a boss than following the same mundane strategy over and over, until you simply vomit it out with absolyte perfection. Nice video, gratz

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    lol when my group has 3 Resto Shamans and 3 Hunters.

Any chances on Blizzard punishment if we decide to get our first kills this way?
    Doubt it, it's clever use of game mechanics. They never banned people for heroic Hagara, so why would they do that?

Expect it to be hotfixed though.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2013-01-14 at 05:18 PM.

Nice, we have 2 hunters and a Resto Shaman in our 10 man. Hopefully this won't be patched tomorrow night and we can get realm first HC Tsulong!

Deleted
    More than 30 pets, right? Or amy of the dead didn't count?

Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    More than 30 pets, right? Or amy of the dead didn't count?
    We actually forgot army of the dead, but a hunter alone can do 29, 31 if you count double Dire Beast. Army would of course help with the number of pets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caribald View Post
    a) Who says I don't? I'd consider it an exploit of oversight, not a bug. Read the OP for all information.
    b) To share it with people, some wanted to see how it looks when the health bar just goes full in a couple seconds.
    Ascendance not dividing its heal correctly is obviously a bug and you acknowledging that you did exploit (and shared how to do it, without really caring about fix/not fix (else -> official forums)) equals accepting that you may get banned for that, i respect that.
    Last edited by mmoca72169b437; 2013-01-14 at 05:52 PM.

Ascendence not dividing its heal is obviously a bug and you acknowledging that you did exploit (and shared how to do it, without really caring about fix/not fix (else -> official forums)) equals accepting that you may get banned for that, i respect that.
    On pets. As I've said several times in the thread, it makes sense pet would receive healing from it without reducing the amount players take. The oversight lies in Ancestral Guidance proccing from pets at the same time.

On pets. As I've said several times in the thread, it makes sense pet would receive healing from it without reducing the amount players take. The oversight lies in Ancestral Guidance proccing from pets at the same time.
    Or the fact that ascendance heals guardians and not just "proper" pets.

Deleted
    Ascendance by concept doubles your heal and shares it with all recievers. You may argue that this got modified to grant pets extra free heal, watering down the original concept.

But until otherwise mentioned the tooltips are considered canon

While in the form of a Water Ascendant, all healing done is duplicated and distributed evenly among nearby allies.

When you deal direct damage or healing for the next 10 sec, 40% of that amount is copied as healing to up to 3 nearby injured party or raid members.
    Do you need help interpreting these tips? (like pets are considered allies)
    Last edited by mmoca72169b437; 2013-01-14 at 06:02 PM.

Ascendance by concept doubles your heal and shares it with all recievers. You may argue that this got modified to grant pets extra free heal, watering down the original concept.

But until otherwise mentioned the tooltips are considered canon

While in the form of a Water Ascendant, all healing done is duplicated and distributed evenly among nearby allies.

When you deal direct damage or healing for the next 10 sec, 40% of that amount is copied as healing to up to 3 nearby injured party or raid members.
    Do you need help interpreting this tips? (like pets are considered allies)
    Looking purely at tooltip, you are correct. Can't really argue against that. My point is just that it would make sense what you wrote in the first line, and it could easily work, but only if the pets' healing would not trigger Ancestral Guidance. In my opinion, that would be the best solution - make pets still take the same healing as players without reducing player healing, but disable Ancestral Guidance for pets (at least for Ascendance healing, but removing it completely would also be a solution).

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where are the logs then?
    You honestly think mid tier or even top tier guilds who are struggling with this boss are going to show their logs of them being ''clever''?

Not a chance

So this is how shaman are getting those crazy numbers. I thought their mastery was just super insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    So this is how shaman are getting those crazy numbers. I thought their mastery was just super insane.
    At this moment there are about 3 logs with shamans doing this.

15+ Year Old Account
    What I still don't get is: where's the difference to what Vixsin posted weeks ago?
    R.A.I.D - Resto at its destiny

Quote Originally Posted by onti View Post
    At this moment there are about 3 logs with shamans doing this.
    Looks like at least 10 with a kill in the first day phase. They all have a shaman at 800k+ hps, which I doubt is achievable any other way.

Has this been fixed yet? and do you think it will be fixed tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Looks like at least 10 with a kill in the first day phase. They all have a shaman at 800k+ hps, which I doubt is achievable any other way.
    800k is doable without pets. In fact about 1mil hps can be done without pets. Рэйдэн did his healing without pets iirc.