Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    It is.

You don't want player to use a mechanic, you don't put it in game.

PS: Are you having an issue with the definition of maturity? You can repeat, ad nauseam, a false statement, at the end it will still be false.
    Blizzard can't possibly account for all scenarios, there WILL be some bugs and unintended mechanics. And no, I'm not jealous or angry, we were on Tsulong since last week and we could've done it because we knew it from even before then, but we didn't, just because everyone agreed that it was an exploit.

Surely, you don't believe that Tsulong was intended to be a 2.5 min fight did you?

Edit: Honestly, I feel sad that there are people in this world that believe that doing this is fine, makes me wonder how the community will evolve in the years to come, ah well...
    Last edited by mmoc2fdc1312bd; 2013-01-15 at 09:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont see off the top of my head how they can even hotfix this. The problem isnt that the spell is interacting differently than it should, or that some mechanic of the fight is behaving incorrectly. The problem lies with the mechanics of the fight in which the boss itself becomes a friendly target. Without changing the spell itself that has caused this predicament, i dont see them easily fixing this. They could change how the spell interacts slightly with the boss, but they wouldnt be able to fully remove this as possible strat for killing the encounter (might make it longer but still workable).
    I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones. ~Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Divr View Post
    I dont see off the top of my head how they can even hotfix this.
    Just make Ancestral Guidance ignore healing done to pets.

OT: I don't think it's a big deal. We're at/getting to the point where T14 content no longer matters for top guilds on each server. Blizzard will fix it and we'll all move on to new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Divr View Post
    I dont see off the top of my head how they can even hotfix this. The problem isnt that the spell is interacting differently than it should, or that some mechanic of the fight is behaving incorrectly. The problem lies with the mechanics of the fight in which the boss itself becomes a friendly target. Without changing the spell itself that has caused this predicament, i dont see them easily fixing this. They could change how the spell interacts slightly with the boss, but they wouldnt be able to fully remove this as possible strat for killing the encounter (might make it longer but still workable).
    It doesn't have anything to do with the fight. You can do this on any fight for crazy hps, but it's just particularly useful and pronounced on this fight. The fix (which I believe was mentioned somewhere in this thread already) would be to make Ancestral Guidance not take into account pet healing.

Ascendance copies healing onto pets rather than splitting it as it would with players, leading to a huge amount of healing (which is fine, really; it's on pets). Then Guidance takes 40% of all that healing, including the copied (not split) healing done to pets, and throws it at 3 targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Oratory View Post
    Just make Ancestral Guidance ignore healing done to pets.

OT: I don't think it's a big deal. We're at/getting to the point where T14 content no longer matters for top guilds on each server. Blizzard will fix it and we'll all move on to new content.
    I have one concern about this, Tsulong himself is considered a pet. I'm worried that if blizz hotfixes some interaction between pets and AG that AG will actually no longer heal Tsulong with or without pets in the equation. That would be a severe nerf to the shaman class on this fight, it would also make the fight significantly harder for guilds that have already killed this without benefiting from excess pets.

Using Ascendance + AG to heal Tsulong is a massive healing gain for shamans, and they've been using it for month(s) now. Nerfing interaction between pets may have more negative consequences than just fixing pets. If it does that...then it goes against Blizzard's Mission about not making fights harder after they've been released.

Quote Originally Posted by Washuwa View Post
    when a skill that was working as intended makes a hard fight(one of the hardest) so trivial... believe me.. is noit working as intended.... is not like when you could heal a pet with beacon on the tank on yorsaj and not triggering the debuff...
    There's a very large difference between "not working as intended" and "working as intended, but we didn't anticipate it could be used like this"
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

I am trying to figure out how this works will some one run it down step by step.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    but we didn't anticipate it could be used like this"
    and still you used this to kill the boss....so....

Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    I am trying to figure out how this works will some one run it down step by step.
    It's explained literally two posts above yours and a bunch of times on the first page.

Deleted
    Hotfixed. You can no longer received both buffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    what both buffs? u mean breath (Bathed in Light) and The Light of day? i looked into log and timeline was:

20.34:

secs:

16: bathed in light
    21: bathed in light on r shammy gone
    23: guardian on tsulong
    24: ag, potion, asce up
    26: the light of day up
    26: healing surge's cast starting
    28: healing surge heals tsulong for 5900000+-
    ????
    profit

imho he had only 1 buff when started to heal

did this get hotfixed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamashi View Post
    Buffs? Are you talking about ancestral guidance and ascendance?

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    Buffs? Are you talking about ancestral guidance and ascendance?
    Yeah, We're gonna need more info than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamashi View Post
    If you're talking about Sun Breath+The Light of Day, you could never have both at once. That's not how Shaman are pushing these numbers. Did you even read the thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    Tamashi looks clue less.. and ofc you can still have ag + as up at same time

Quote Originally Posted by rodney View Post
    Tamashi looks clue less.. and ofc you can still have ag + as up at same time
    No you can't

Deleted
    In b4. Tsulong has been removed, click the chest to collect your loot and achievement. Or Day time has been removed, you now need to tunnel the boss.

A friend of mine who is attempting to kill tsulong at the moment has informed me that you can no longer have both ancestral guidance and ascendance up simultaneously during the day phase. It appears this strategy has been fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphron View Post
    A friend of mine who is attempting to kill tsulong at the moment has informed me that you can no longer have both ancestral guidance and ascendance up simultaneously during the day phase. It appears this strategy has been fixed.
    Good think most ppl will be happy with that.