Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Imaskar View Post
    It probably was a kill, but RP phase did extend combat and logs just broke and registered 0.35 and 0.3 attempts after. But there is 0 healing on Tsulong in that long attempt. Thats very strange. And by the dps curves, it seems like they had just one 11 minute long night phase.
    Looking at the logs I agree with that last statement. It even seems like they had a 11min long night phase where everyone was constantly standing in the Sunbeam, as noone, including tanks, took damage from the raidwide pulsing shadow dmg effect Dread Shadows.

Something be fishy about this one.
    Last edited by Loxxie; 2013-01-17 at 01:34 PM.

Deleted
    hmm, guessing logs are just broken, fight length of every attempt seems like it, considering they´ve been able to kill him. wouldn´t be the first time WoL wont work

Like someone above said though, they have the kill on heroic on their armories.
    I'd find it difficult that a 4/16 guild could get h tsulong down without some kind of exploit/bug. They also got the meta achievement of keeping the tree alive for the entire fight

They need to strip the kills and loot from guilds that did this cheat. Problem solved, they didn't earn it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssion View Post
    They need to strip the kills and loot from guilds that did this cheat. Problem solved, they didn't earn it
    You realise most of the world 1-20 kills of Tsulong all involved an exploit? Almost all the world 1-20 kills consisted of bugs involving Rally Cry or the Druid 4 piece Dragon Soul bonus. Nothing happened to these guilds.

Just confirming was others have said ... based on our HM kill logs from last night, it appears that a change was indeed made--Ancestral Guidance did not proc off of Restorative Mists' heals.

Here's the log query to show it. An excerpt from the log:

Code:
    [19:38:18.857] Vixsin gains Ancestral Guidance from Vixsin
    [19:38:18.857] Vixsin casts Ancestral Guidance
    [19:38:19.940] Vixsin Riptide Tsulong +13269
    [19:38:20.036] Vixsin Ancestral Vigor Tsulong Immune
    [19:38:20.529] Vixsin Earthliving Tsulong +*11773*
    [Restorative Mists ticks - Series 1]
    [19:38:22.716] Vixsin Riptide Tsulong +13202
    [19:38:22.835] Vixsin Ancestral Vigor Tsulong Immune
    [Restorative Mists ticks - Series 2]
    [19:38:23.260] Vixsin Healing Surge Tsulong +102569
    [19:38:23.294] Vixsin Earthliving Tsulong +5697
    [19:38:23.606] Vixsin Ancestral Vigor Tsulong Immune
    [19:38:23.856] Vixsin Restorative Mists Vixsin +0 (O: 9022)
    [19:38:24.009] Vixsin Ancestral Guidance Tsulong +41028
    [19:38:24.009] Vixsin Ancestral Guidance Joedy +41027
    [19:38:24.009] Vixsin Ancestral Guidance Death +0 (O: 45130)

From the above, you can see that even though I gained Ancestral Guidance at 19:38:18, it wasn't until a Healing Surge at 19:38:23 that Ancestral Guidance triggered. Two sets of Restorative Mists' heals were applied in between those two events, but none triggered Ancestral Guidance.

Now to go put a big disclaimer on my blog post .... /sigh

So much for their Bluepost on the front page :
    The problem was Ring of Frost – being able to incapacitate an unlimited number of targets with a single spellcast caused problems. This ended up being a case where the negative cost of hotfixing the issue outweighed the upside of improving the encounter. When hotfixing spells, we do not have the ability to update the tooltips and other data that resides on each individual client. Thus, if we had added a target cap to the spell via hotfix, a mage who attempted to use it on a large pull in a dungeon, or a large group of players in a battleground, would have thought the spell was broken when it suddenly didn’t work on many of the targets. Quite simply, confusing hundreds of thousands of players in all sorts of contexts, in order to fix a problem in a situation affecting a few hundred players, was not an acceptable trade-off.
    So they can screw shamans spells, but mages not.

Quote Originally Posted by Genju View Post
    After 3 expansions of mages never really being 'bad' due to an amazing amount of focus on them by devs, are you really surprised by this?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    After 3 expansions of mages never really being 'bad' due to an amazing amount of focus on them by devs, are you really surprised by this?
    Actually not, its nothing new to the shaman community to be the worthless class.
    But its funny how on the same day they post such a statement, they do the exact opposite.

Does this change actually "screw shaman" outside of the Tsulong encounter?

Quote Originally Posted by Dubalicious View Post
    Does this change actually "screw shaman" outside of the Tsulong encounter?
    Sure, in a way.
    It always granted extra healing, just not as much due to the 1500% Buff of Tsulong and the Raiddesign. The broken Part was that healing done to pets by Ascendence (which was free of penalty) also triggered the extra healing. Now it doesnt work together completly.

you could argue that there were like three mages in the world, who outside of WotE used Ring of frost to cc more than 5 mobs for 10 secs on a regular basis and would have realised that i got nerfed.

Sure, in a way.
    It always granted extra healing. . . . Now it doesnt work together completly.
    I was genuinely curious, so thank you for the reply =)

Anybody care to comment how significant this is outside of the Tsulong encounter?

Anybody care to comment how significant this is outside of the Tsulong encounter?
    Not significant at all. Resto AG+Ascendance was exclusively used on HM Tsulong and the fight is easily killable without it. The change simply alters the standing of who should get Light of Day buffs.

I was genuinely curious, so thank you for the reply =)

Not big, because Healing Stream Totem is nearly always the better choice for resto shamans. Bad balanced Talent tier.
    But they should have fixed the boss without having to change the class, what their bluepost states they normally do.
    Last edited by Genju; 2013-01-17 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vixsin View Post
    Not significant at all. Resto AG+Ascendance was exclusively used on HM Tsulong and the fight is easily killable without it. The change simply alters the standing of who should get Light of Day buffs.
    Thanks Vixsin, this is what my gut told me, but I didn't want to speak outside of my personal knowledge =)

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssion View Post
    You do know that guilds have killed this boss with a druid bear popping his last stand in dragon soul tier to give the boss 30% hp ending the fight at 70%.

I agree with the above posts, this "hotfix' doesn't screw shamans due to the talents (either AG or HTT). Having said that, I think Blizzard could have done it better.
    e.g Made AG not proc off pet healing from Ascendance, but still allowed to proc off target healing aka raid.

This would make the spells work together if they ever become a better choice in the future, but still fixes the exploit on Tsulong.

Please correct me if i have missed something and this is incorrect.
    Last edited by Hotfixed Gaming; 2013-01-18 at 12:17 AM.

oh tsulong....silly ways people do bosses these days!

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlox View Post
    Looking at the logs I agree with that last statement. It even seems like they had a 11min long night phase where everyone was constantly standing in the Sunbeam, as noone, including tanks, took damage from the raidwide pulsing shadow dmg effect Dread Shadows.

Something be fishy about this one.
    There is a random bug that can very rarely occur: he gets stuck in night phase from the very start of the fight and doesn't really use any abilities, not even the pulsing AoE damage. We've previously encountered this once but reset the fight because it was just a lame way to do the boss, but in theory it would've been entirely doable from 100% to 0% since it's pretty much tank-and-spank. No idea what causes it to occur, and we've never seen it occur again.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ponens View Post
    There is a random bug that can very rarely occur: he gets stuck in night phase from the very start of the fight and doesn't really use any abilities, not even the pulsing AoE damage. We've previously encountered this once but reset the fight because it was just a lame way to do the boss, but in theory it would've been entirely doable from 100% to 0% since it's pretty much tank-and-spank. No idea what causes it to occur, and we've never seen it occur again.
    He stops at 1 hp.
    Leegion - Turalyon

Stopped raiding in MOP. Pugging Legion!