Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Thinking of new computer from ibuypower, could i get some advice please?

Case
    iBUYPOWER Revolt Mini Tower Gaming Case
    Case Lighting
    Revolt Advanced Lighting
    Processor
    Intel® Core™ i5-3570 Processor (4x 3.40GHz/6MB L3 Cache)
    iBUYPOWER PowerDrive
    None
    Processor Cooling
    Certified CPU Fan and Heatsink (Revolt)
    Memory
    8 GB [4 GB X2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module - Corsair or Major Brand - FREE Upgrade to G.Skill Ripjaws
    Video Card
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti - 2GB - EVGA Superclocked - Core: 1071MHz
    Video Card Brand
    Major Brand Powered by AMD or NVIDIA
    Motherboard
    ASRock B75M-ITX
    Intel Smart Response Technology
    None
    Power Supply
    250 Watt - Revolt Power Supply
    Primary Hard Drive
    1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 32M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s Single Drive
    Data Hard Drive
    None
    Optical Drive
    Sony Slot Load DVDRW
    Internal Wireless Network Adapter
    802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi + Bluetooth Combo [Revolt]
    Operating System
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium + Office Starter 2010 (Includes basic versions of Word and Excel) 64-Bit

Should i look into changing anything?

I was thinking the same thing. was fiddling with my build last night came out the same.

That power supply seems kinda... low if you ever want to upgrade anything.
    You have processor that can't be overclocked also.

I'd change those things (and maybe the mobo also). What's the price on that btw?
    Specs: I5 3570K - GTX 670 - 8 gb ram
    My youtube page: https://www.youtube.com/user/aldrashan

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldrashan View Post
    That power supply seems kinda... low if you ever want to upgrade anything.
    You have processor that can't be overclocked also.

I'd change those things (and maybe the mobo also). What's the price on that btw?
    price came out to 800 before shipping.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you can, look into adding a 60GB ssd for RST caching, it will really boost the speed of your computer in daily use

SSD and a better PSU are my suggestions. All depends on your price range though.

10+ Year Old Account
    ibuypower's website is listing the 250w psu as capable of running up to the 650Ti, while i dont doubt this, i generally dont feel comfortable with a gaming computer using less than a 500 watt PSU

if i was selling it i wouldn't use that PSU, i would upgrade at least to the 350w PSU, but preferably the 500w

this is a mini tower, and teh PSU looks like the kind you find in a 2U rackmount server, so if the PSU does go out, finding a replacement wont be very easy

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    ibuypower's website is listing the 250w psu as capable of running up to the 650Ti, while i dont doubt this, i generally dont feel comfortable with a gaming computer using less than a 500 watt PSU

if i was selling it i wouldn't use that PSU, i would upgrade at least to the 350w PSU, but preferably the 500w

this is a mini tower, and teh PSU looks like the kind you find in a 2U rackmount server, so if the PSU does go out, finding a replacement wont be very easy
    I will uprgade the psu. How does everything else look? On their site, with those specs its says it will run games like skyrim on max.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vrsick View Post
    I will uprgade the psu. How does everything else look? On their site, with those specs its says it will run games like skyrim on max.
    well, not all 'maxed' are equal, but default maxed at 1920x1080 should be fine

if you are gonna play a lot of skyrim, i would heavily advise the 60GB SSD caching option, there is a ton of loading in skyrim

the best advice i can give on buying a computer from Ibuypower is.... don't. you will get better quality if you build it yourself, and cheaper too. the only viable reason for someone buying a machine from them or cyberpowerpc is that either A. they are extremely lazy, and don't want take part in the incredibly easy, and extremely rewarding process of putting together their own machine.... or B. Money is continually burning holes in their pockets, and they enjoy having to keep pumping money into the machine until the day it dies for good.

If the Radeon 7850 is only $20-30 more than the 650 Ti on ibuypower as well, you are significantly better off with that.

I'd go with at least a 500w PSU as well

and if you are on a budget, you are much better off using that extra money on the GPU than a SSD, especially if you play MMO's and higher end games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slimj091 View Post
    the best advice i can give on buying a computer from Ibuypower is.... don't. you will get better quality if you build it yourself, and cheaper too. the only viable reason for someone buying a machine from them or cyberpowerpc is that either A. they are extremely lazy, and don't want take part in the incredibly easy, and extremely rewarding process of putting together their own machine.... or B. Money is continually burning holes in their pockets, and they enjoy having to keep pumping money into the machine until the day it dies for good.
    you just called the OP lazy and wasteful, wonder how that is gonna turn out......

Quote Originally Posted by Asurakai View Post
    If the Radeon 7850 is only $20-30 more than the 650 Ti on ibuypower as well, you are significantly better off with that.

I'd go with at least a 500w PSU as well

and if you are on a budget, you are much better off using that extra money on the GPU than a SSD, especially if you play MMO's and higher end games.
    this is a specialized build, it's not made from off the shelf components, do some research before you post otherwise you are just wasting space on the SAN with worthless posts