Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

[Disc/Holy] T15 2P/4P bonus

Item - Priest T15 Healer 2P Bonus (New) Your Prayer of Mending heals for 10% more each time it jumps to a new target.
    Item - Priest T15 Healer 4P Bonus (New) Your Penance and Circle of Healing have a 40% chance to summon a Golden Apparition, which moves to a nearby ally and heals for an additional 100,000.
    Since the other thread seems to be about the shadow bonuses here's another one for the healing counterparts.

2P: Oh well. I'm not really using it that often as a disc but I guess it's okay.
    4P: Penance? Again? What's the developers obsession with this spell? Kind of VERY disappointed that the T15 4P enhances the same spell the T14 4P enhanced and that it's such a strange choice.
    The bonus itself sounds kind of cool. If they move as fast as the shadow's apparition you'd have to stand near people who are getting damaged the most if you don't want to have the 100k to go into overheal.

What irritates me is the wording: "heals for an additional 100,000". I really hope this does not mean that the apparition walks towards the target of Penance. That would mean that it wouldn't trigger from using Penance on an enemy. And to be honest that's the only use I see for this spell at the moment.

2P: http://www.wowhead.com/item=42417 says enough.
    4P: Penance and CoH are bad choices. One is AoE, the other is single target. Both proccing a single target heal. Further - apparitions are slow. By the time they reach their target, it will already be healed to full health.
    What irritates me is the wording: "heals for an additional 100,000".
    Going after http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=138302 it will go for the most injured target, just as the other healers in your raid.

If the apparition moves with the same speed as shadow ones, it will be borderline useless. It should at very least be instant, with fancy graphic if needed.
    Or just bring back T12 4P, with different name and graphic.
    You see, there's this thing called "aggro". It's a very complicated, very technical roleplaying expression.
    Loosely translated, it means "the priest dies".

2 piece is a bit underwhelming. It's okay for holy, meh for disc.

4 piece is complete trash. It might translate to a slight throughput increase on heavy sustained raid damage. If it works like shadow apparitions, it won't work half the time.

Unless the stats on the set pieces are perfect compared to off-set pieces, it's probably not going to be worth pursuing the 4 piece bonus.

10+ Year Old Account
    2P- is fine. I don't get the Disc priests not using it, though... it's a great cast-and-forget heal. It would be interesting to see if the 2P bonus springboards from the Glyph of Prayer of Mending. That would be substantial, I think.

4P- if the raid is stacked, no biggie... but I just don't see the apparition healing melee very effectively when I'm standing in the ranged group.

I'll reserve judgment as anything is better than T14.

The 2P isn't super strong, but I'll not scoff at free useful healing. PoM is great during raid wide unavoidable damage or phases where you have to be moving and need to heal. Cascade+PoM+Glyphed Penance+Glyphed Holy Fire+Shields = Not too shabby! So I'll take this one as a positive.

The 4P is a bit of an enigma. Will we be limited to the number of apparitions? Does it change targets in mid course if it heads for the most injured raid member? Can it Crit? Can it then proc DA? If the Penance that triggered it Crits, does this 100k additional get included in a DA proc?

The 4P seems more like a quality of life deal. The next raiding tier may have even more unavoidable raid damage and an extra 100k "smart" heal may make things just a little bit easier in the eyes of blizz devs. Also, I read on here the other day a very good point: Blizzard needs to create a number of Tier Sets during the expansion pack and if the bonuses are too powerful early on, then it may be optimal play to not gear up in favor of keeping the tier bonus. I don't think they want this to happen. As you can see, the bonuses on this tier are already better than the previous.

Apparitions got moved to healing specs as if they weren't complete trash for shadow now healing priests get to feel the joy of such a horrible mechanic >.>

I dislike how they are equating Penance to Circle of Healing. The spells are so different. I suppose Disc doesn't need a set boost as much as Holy does considering our current state, but even so, I'm not sure how I feel about this. If it works something like T12 4pc although proccing more often, I guess I can't complain too much.

I don't know why Blizzard thinks its a good idea to incorporate slow moving apparitions for priests. Could they are least run with the speed of light instead of snail crawling? Or perhaps the apparition can just appear (like T12 Cleansing Flame) and do some sort of animation to heal its target instead of walking/reaching its target.

10+ Year Old Account
    From a holy perspective the 2P could prove interesting, looking forward to see some theorycrafting on it especially coupled with the Glyph + DI. 4P, I have to see it in action first but as others have said if its anything like apparitions - No thanx. Not very inventive all in all we've had what? 4-5 tier sets bonuses tied in to either PoM or CoH.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillieB View Post
    From a holy perspective the 2P could prove interesting, looking forward to see some theorycrafting on it especially coupled with the Glyph + DI. 4P, I have to see it in action first but as others have said if its anything like apparitions - No thanx. Not very inventive all in all we've had what? 4-5 tier sets bonuses tied in to either PoM or CoH.
    Why would you glyph PoM with DI? I can see maybe with this set bonus if it retains the 60% extra, which would be OP and I don't see that happening, but it's an HPS loss to glyph it in general if all 5 are going to proc, especially with DI.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellumina View Post
    I dislike how they are equating Penance to Circle of Healing. The spells are so different. I suppose Disc doesn't need a set boost as much as Holy does considering our current state, but even so, I'm not sure how I feel about this.
    While not a great fit, it is the closest considering the atonement heal from Penance is a smart heal for potentially 3 players.

15+ Year Old Account
    Okay, how on Earth are people coming to the conclusion that the 2-pc is "okay"? DId people forget reading comprehension?

The way that is currently worded, it heals an additional 10% on EACH bounce. So, that makes it work like this.

Glyphed :

Initial - +60%
    1st : +10%
    2nd : +20%
    3rd : +30%
    Total: +120%

Unglyphed

Initial : No change
    4th : +40%
    Total : +100%

So, healers seem to think that doubling your healing on a spell that costs 10,500 mana is...okay? I'm simply baffled by that logic.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Not a fan of either bonus right now. Especially since I can only count a handful of encounters where my PoM is actually used all the way to the last bounce.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was gonna say, why has no one else realized that Fenix...

As Holy, my #1 spell usually is PoM. It heals for a TON, and with DI, it is always going around. 2pc will ~double that healing. Um, HELL YEA. Like, holy crap, the spell is already fairly efficient, and it's extremely powerful, this just like put it into overdrive (if it stays ofc)

4pc, I swear to god if it moves at snails pace... I already hate "smart" heal set bonuses, because they tend to A. not be so smart (oh look, that mirror image is at 25% health, BETTER GO HEAL IT) or B. just don't compare to other healer spells. Kinda how I felt when they announced out 2pc 14 bonus (at least I got it buffed =D).

I think Holy Abb. will be fine if it a stack up fight (seeing as many of the fights so far have been, good chance?), but any sort of spread will make it get there when it's no longer needed. Also, seems unbalanced on the spell proc. I get how they are trying to use a spell that is "rotational" and not PoH, but it just seems wrong to keep comparing CoH and Penance. Unfortuently, besides PoM, theres not much else to choose from (well, I guess PoH) If it is Fh/H/Gh, it won't be used enough. Could be worse though, could proc of PW:S/Renew

The unglyphed PoM doesn't heal 4 times it heals 5 (initial + 4 bounces) and the unglyphed doesn't heal 5 times it heals 6 (initial + 5 bounces) so it looks like this:

Glyphed + 2p = 160% + 110% + 120% + 130% + 140% = 660%
    Unglyphed + 2p = 100% + 110% + 120% + 130% + 140% + 150% = 750%

Glyphed without 2p = 160% + 100% + 100% + 100% + 100% = 560%
    Unglyphed without 2p = 100 + 100% + 100% + 100% + 100% + 100% = 600%

Unglyphed remains better unless the healing from first heal when glyphed gets inherited by subsequent bounce heals, which i don't think will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    The way that is currently worded, it heals an additional 10% on EACH bounce. So, that makes it work like this.

Glyphed :

Initial - +60%
    Total: +120%

Unglyphed

Initial : No change
    4th : +40%
    Total : +100%

So, healers seem to think that doubling your healing on a spell that costs 10,500 mana is...okay? I'm simply baffled by that logic.
    Doubling healing on a spell you use on cool down that is essentially free and instant cast? I'm ok with that.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    How is 100% of one bounce a 100% increase to the healing pom will do?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Yes, we've been down-playing it somewhat unfairly. However, asserting it will double the effectiveness of the spell is a bit of a stretch in the other direction. I don't track it, but I do cast PoM on CD in both Disc/Holy specs. In neither spec can I say that all 4/5 charges of the spell are always consumed. That fact further diminishes the "double the healing on the spell" idea.

With only 1 priest in the mix, there is a higher chance of your PoM being fully consumed before you are casting another one. Start adding priests, and the cases of PoM cancellation grows very quickly. Overwriting your PoM at 3 stacks with a fresh 5stack would also reset your 2P bonus to its first ounce. So yes... most of us see it as "okay" when we think about how we are healing right now. I also like to go into these patches with low expectations, personally.

But the bigger problem is the notion of building the 4P bonus around an abysmal mechanic (apparitions). So, again, I agree we might be short-changing the 2P bonus.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
    How is 100% of one bounce a 100% increase to the healing pom will do?
    Because it's a 10% increase per bounce, not 100%. You added a zero. :P

Something else I thought of, as well. This isn't even factoring in if each additional increase is multiplicative of the last. In other words, if the +40% bounce is a 40% increase of the healing the +30% bounce just did...oh geeze.

/drool
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    The unglyphed PoM doesn't heal 4 times it heals 5 (initial + 4 bounces) and the unglyphed doesn't heal 5 times it heals 6 (initial + 5 bounces) so it looks like this:

Glyphed + 2p = 160% + 110% + 120% + 130% + 140% = 660%
    Unglyphed + 2p = 100% + 110% + 120% + 130% + 140% + 150% = 750%

Glyphed without 2p = 160% + 100% + 100% + 100% + 100% = 560%
    Unglyphed without 2p = 100 + 100% + 100% + 100% + 100% + 100% = 600%

Unglyphed remains better unless the healing from first heal when glyphed gets inherited by subsequent bounce heals, which i don't think will happen.
    I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work like this. Glyphed PoM doesn't retain the +60% on additional bounces, why would it with the 2 set bonus?