Deleted

Blood Death Knight Race

Lo Folks

I'm currently a Night Elf Blood Death Knight. I'm debating changing race (Mostly because I get bored of one race every 6 months or so) and I was looking for input on what alliance race I should change to.

I am currently raiding so any racials that would give me a boost are the factors that hold the majority of influence here.

Of course, remaining a Night Elf is always an option if race changing would cripple me.

Thanks!

Desp

Dwarf is currently the best tanking race in game. Stoneform is just an extra Tank cooldown now.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=20594/stoneform

Night elves have no real pve boosts. The dodge isn't that impressive, even for tanks.
    Do you mean race change only or is faction change also an option?

Orcs get expertise from axes, Bloodfury racial, pet bonus damage racial. Quality stuff for Unholy DKs.
    Trolls have a nice haste boost, but its not as significant as Orcs for bonus.
    Worgen get 1% increased crit and a mobility CD.
    Goblins get 1% att speed and get a mobility or offensive CD.
    Dreanei gain additional hit, wich can be reforged to your advantage and a heal.

UD TotG damage scales with mastery, but its nothing impressive.
    Dwarfs, Humans gain potential expertise and some proper abilities. Dwarves especially have a great tanking CD.

Tauren, Night elves, Blood elves, gnomes have almost no impact on PvE, they gain some gimmicky stuff that may come in handy or you could use it to your advantage to push more damage or avoid it. Root breaker, stun, silence, etc.

In reality, Racials have little impact on your overall performance. Its often convience and in some cases there are significant boosts (UH DK Orcs).
    But if you get bored over cosmetic looks, then personal preference plays a big part in your choice.
    Last edited by Powell; 2013-01-14 at 05:16 PM.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    Tauren, Night elves, Blood elves, gnomes have almost no impact on PvE, they gain some gimmicky stuff that may come in handy or you could use it to your advantage to push more damage or avoid it. Root breaker, stun, silence, etc.
    Arcane torrent is good in PvE though. It can become very handy when you pull for extra threat, or to get an extra rune strike that would lead to a blood charge, and a death strike right on the spot. It's also very nice when you need to move a pack of casters.

But I think he only was talking about Alliance races.

I wouldn't lose that dodge for anything, personally, but stoneform is a pretty good racial for tanks. I suppose it would remove that nasty bleeding effect on the MSV dogs.

Deleted
    Cheers for the input.

Ash is right, I am only talking about Alliance races. A racial may be enough to tempt me to race change but not enough to tempt me to change factions, guilds ect.

I'm liking the idea of Stoneform, that said, I rarely have a time where I need an extra CD.

Overall I like most of the races, in terms of feel and cosmetics they're on an even playing field so it only really takes a racial to tip the balance.

I've been debating on an alliance race for my DK as well, haven't decided on on yet but I'll toss out what I've found and factors I'm considering: First and foremost I personally enjoy cosmetics/animations first, racial(s) are secondary. I'm also blood spec and do a lot of solo'ing on my DK. I also refuse to be a dwarf or gnome based on personal preferences.

Night Elf: Passive dodge bonus is fantastic for tanking/solo'ing. Shadowmeld is really a nice ability for escape, saving a death, pvp or solo'ing.

Human: Free trinket is really nice, situational but often very helpful. Greatestt bonus about humans is the Rep bonus, especially in World of Dailycraft: Mists of Repgrinda. Great animations and weapon scaling makes (female) humans awesome transmogers.

Worgen: Great for DPS specs; While we do have a sprint talent, their racial sprint is just an additional burst of speed which can be helpful. (One nice bonus about Worgens, there's a bug with solo'ing H ICC 25 currently they don't get bonespiked) - I just don't like Worgen animations very much, especially males.

Spacegoat: Self heal, passive hit. Dat 'donk. Waggle, waggle.

Conclusion: For Min/Max I would suggest to stay put on your race, unless you're working on reps..
    Last edited by N04H; 2013-01-15 at 07:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spacebooty (Female) or Zombie vampire werewolf (male).

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only problem with having stoneform is you have to play a dwarf. Who in their right mind would want to play a stinking ass dwarf???

Worst race ever.

Go human.
    Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.

dwarf for alliance, goblin for horde

dwarf for the extra CD, though not needed, it's always nice to stack with something like AMS to make it last longer; and the removal of poisons, diseases and bleeds is just icing. goblin adds something DKs currently lack: a mobility CD.

if you PVP, human is the default choice, of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragethorn View Post
    The greatest thing about having stoneform is you have to play a dwarf. Who in their right mind wouldn't want to play an awesome dwarf???

Best race ever.

Don't go human.
    There, fixed it for you.

But no, seriously, go dwarf.

Dwarves represent

Your race really doesn't matter unless you're pushing heroic content while undergeared or soloing certain raid bosses (e.g. cata+MoP races for Marrowgar).

Quote Originally Posted by N04H View Post
    WorgenOne nice bonus about Worgens, there's a bug with solo'ing ICC 25 currently they don't get bonespiked).
    Random question, how is that a bug? I solo'd ICC 25 on my dk till Bryntroll dropped and I never got spiked. (and im an orc)

But people! We are ALL THE SAME! There is no need for a race discussion here. Rejoice and dance around the rainbow, no matter what race you are, love each other!

Ok sorry *cough* go human

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Random question, how is that a bug? I solo'd ICC 25 on my dk till Bryntroll dropped and I never got spiked. (and im an orc)
    He's talking about Heroic Marrowgar, not normal.

Heroic Marrowgar will Bonespike you during the Bonestorm (heroic version is Bonespike Graveyard instead of Bonestorm I think) if you are not a Worgen, Goblin, or Panderan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reniat View Post
    Dwarves represent
    My orc eats dwarves for dinner. A bit chewey, but at least they aren't hard to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    He's talking about Heroic Marrowgar, not normal.

Heroic Marrowgar will Bonespike you during the Bonestorm (heroic version is Bonespike Graveyard instead of Bonestorm I think) if you are not a Worgen, Goblin, or Panderan.
    Correct, let me edit my post. I forgot to add the H.