Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elisif View Post
    Yes but humans instinctively know not to eat excrement as the smell is a repellent (adults) So do dogs possess that intelligence? They WILL eat it if they want to.
    It's an instinct, not an intelligent decision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    And and and i went through all the trouble of mentioning poop teas and stuff!
    Yes, its a normal behavior between many species of animals to eat others poop, it shares and boosts immunity and ability to digest certain foods.
    ya mmm poop tea

might be a hard sell

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    I dont believe this, in rural places people will pick apart dung for seeds and such to eat or will use it in fires.
    Dung is made up from vegetation so doesn't contain harmful pathogens as human excrement.

Eww I'm getting too involved with this thread...

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 12:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    It's an instinct, not an intelligent decision.
    So dogs possess instinct to avoid poop consumption?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    I don't understand that line of reasoning. When you kiss women do you think of how many male penises you just sucked on?
    Not really, probably because I haven't seen her do it. But I probably wouldn't kiss Sasha Grey either. At least not before I've seen her brush her teeth and use 2 liters of mouthwash

Quote Originally Posted by Elisif View Post
    Dung is made up from vegetation so doesn't contain harmful pathogens as human excrement.
    Erm, dung is animal shit. Its commonly used as a fertiliser in most countries too.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    ya mmm poop tea

might be a hard sell
    Not if the majority of your health problems stem from bad gut flora and could be fixed easily with a poop transplant :P
    Just sayin.

10+ Year Old Account
    I avoid licks to the mouth around but if they lick my cheek or hand I don't mind, I normally go and wash my face/hands afterwards. I feel like if you are worried about a dog licking you that you would also be the same type of person who would prefer to be a bubble boy @_@ From school to work, friends, family and people I met no one has avoided a dog letting them lick them, only on the internet do I see people being worried about it ~_~ Either or to each his own!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Erm, dung is animal shit. Its commonly used as a fertiliser in most countries too.
    You said the humans pick apart dung to extract seeds so that means the animal has been feeding on seeds and maybe grass etc. Not a meat eater which is where the harmful bacteria could come from.

So dogs are meat eaters so their shit is harmful. There.
    Last edited by mmoc79af5b64ea; 2013-01-15 at 12:15 AM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I let my dogs lick my arms and face all the time. I don't mind it, I just wash my face/arms right after. It's the way they show affection.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    I only eat and drink with my mouth, kiss/make out aswell. :|
    Oh but there are so many more wonderful things that can be done with a mouth.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Oh but there are so many more wonderful things that can be done with a mouth.
    Like what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Like what?
    this thread about poop and dog germs just got spicy

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is going weird places o.0

Deleted
    Warning: Thread is starting to go to weird places, indeed it is, so yeah, let's not go there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matezz View Post
    Do you often greet people who eat other people?
    Who knows?
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    "a dog's mouth is cleaner than a human's" has been proven wrong. they even did it on mythbusters for what it's worth. i do NOT let animals lick me. dogs, cats, whatever, i just find it nasty. i don't like how it feels, i just don't like it. it's nasty imo.
    true but it is still cleaner than a cats....they just bread nasty crap in there.

but really? the food you eat at a fast food joint has more bacteria and nasty crap than in a dogs mouth.

that milk the the coffee house? yea that too probably has more than a dogs. Just relax if bacteria didnt exist neither would we- nor would we be able to function at our current evolutionary state and we have yet to invent useful environmental suits

Yeah, and I lick him back.

It would be rude not to.

I let my dog lick my face, dont even wash after, maybe wipe it with my sleeve. He's having fun, seeing him happy makes me happy. Whats the worst that can happen?

Also i'd like to find out where i can find some of these poop eating dogs, ive had several dogs over 20 years and never seen any eat poop. They give it the odd sniff but never eaten it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Funt Case View Post
    I let my dog lick my face, dont even wash after, maybe wipe it with my sleeve. He's having fun, seeing him happy makes me happy. Whats the worst that can happen?

Also i'd like to find out where i can find some of these poop eating dogs, ive had several dogs over 20 years and never seen any eat poop. They give it the odd sniff but never eaten it.
    Get some cats and then watch the litterbox magically "clean" itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually don't care, i don't care at all if they lick me, but normally when i let my dog lick me a lot i take a bath or at least clean the part she licked