Elixir of Ancient Knowledge - Help!

Hello all. I was lucky enough to have Krol the Blade spawn right on top of me. Murked him as a geared combat rogue and looted the elixir.

I just wanted to get some guidance possibly, on how to optimally use this. I want to get a toon from 80-85 as quick as possible because I dread it so terribly. I just don't know where to go to gather a bunch of quests to have ready to be turned in.

Anyone else wanna share how they used it to the fullest benefit? Thanks

Doesnt work above level 84.
    Its a 300% bonus EXP buff that lasts and hour, on a 1 second CD.

You can effectively have the buff on continuously until you hit level 84, by reapplying it before it wears off (which wont be hard given the short CD).

Any method that people normally do to quickly gain levels will work.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

I know I just want to know what strategies people use to get the most out of the hour

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post

You can effectively have the buff on continuously until you hit level 84, by reapplying it before it wears off (which wont be hard given the short CD).

Pretty sure it's a one time use only?

It is one time use. Enough about the item haha I want to hear how people optimally used the buff xD

Yeh fair enough :P Can't say I've used it myself, but from what I've read it's a good idea to group up and complete a large amount of quests (i.e. 25) before using it and then turn them all in once you've popped the elixir. Potentially increases the maximum number of quests you can complete before it runs out. Also, be wary of running dungeons with the buff. You'll get good XP, but if you die cause of a bad tank/healer/over-pull you'll lose the buff. Less risk in just solo questing.

And personally, I would use it upon hitting Northrend as I really dislike the 70-80 levelling, but that's just me.

I mean the character I am going to level next was leveled to 80 by refer-a-friend, while I hate northrend now too I made it through that part easily. I hate cata leveling now the most haha. What quests should I get though? Cata zones are linear/chain based, get like 3-4 max at one time, you talking about going to like icecrown or something? I just don't know where to gather a whole bunch of appropriate level quests

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedah281 View Post
    Hello all. I was lucky enough to have Krol the Blade spawn right on top of me. Murked him as a geared combat rogue and looted the elixir.

I just wanted to get some guidance possibly, on how to optimally use this. I want to get a toon from 80-85 as quick as possible because I dread it so terribly. I just don't know where to go to gather a bunch of quests to have ready to be turned in.

Anyone else wanna share how they used it to the fullest benefit? Thanks
    allways remember dieng cancells the buff. have 2 friends summon u in stonecore and have one of them boost u there till 85 should be done before the "entered too many instances recently" if ur friend is fast enough to solo it :P this is how i leveled my warr from 80-85

I used 3 of the Elixirs while leveling my monk. The last one I used started at 2-3% into 83, I collected all the quests i could in Deepholm popped the elixir and went to work. As soon as I hit 84 I had 90 friend fly with me out to Twilight Highlands where he ran me through the Crucible of Carnage quest chain (about 650k xp per turn in) and then I went and grinded down a few dozen mobs + one rare and hit 85. All in all 83-85 took me 53 minutes. My entire journey from 1-90 with rather casual play took me 46 hours played. Certainly no record, but still a rather fast pace.

If you don't wish the play the character actively and essentially "play through" the entire duration of the buff, then read the following carefully.

The buff duration does NOT go down while logged out. This is very important. What this means, is that you zone into an instance with a 90 friend.

Log out at the entrance unless you're aiming for quest objectives; which I wouldn't recommend because the exp per time spent on the duration probably won't yield as much return as just doing the following.

1. Log at entrance to dungeon after you and the 90 zone in.
    2. They pull the entire dungeon but don't kill anything (or try to kill as few mobs as possible).
    3. When they reach a reasonable distance from the entrance to the dungeon, you log in and they kill it all. The ideal distance is enough so you're obviously in range for experience gain, but NOT close enough that something manages to swap onto you and destroy you.
    4. Zone out, reset dungeon, both of you zone in again; you log out and do it all over again.

Every time that you want to swap to a higher level dungeon, have friends summon you to minimize travel time. Its a LOT of work to maximize gains from these elixirs, but if you do it right, you can get a lot of levels from just one elixir, let alone multiple. I'm talking like 40 levels from one elixir. Just remember that you most definitely will hit the 5 dungeons per hour cap several times using this method, but since the duration doesn't go down while logged off, its no problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post

Its a one-time use only.

Generally, what I have done the 2 times I have managed to acquire it was this:

Go to Mount Hyjal. If you haven't managed to get to the Free the Ancients part of the questline, quest until you manage to get that far. Once that is done, stock up on quest- you should have 4 from the Shrine of Nature Spirit chick, 6 from the Shrine of the wolf dude, 2 from the Bird chicks place, and a few more here and there. I also get a full quest log of Tourny dailies. Finally, once I have about 22 quests in the quest log (Not counting Battle Pet quests, dont have any of those), I wait till the DMF, getting the full 9 artifacts needed. Having all 6 profs maxed out is good too. DMF comes, I pop the elixir, turn in ALL the DMF quests, then HEARTH to the argent tourny, turn in those quests, fly to dal, go to org/stormwind, Hyjal, turn in those quests, by the time I'm done, I'm lvl 82. Now, you have 2 choices- you could either get a lvl 90 to grind troggs for you in Deepholme while you afk in the air, OR you can quest like normal, depending on your flight speed, you will be ALMOST lvl 85 by the time the elixir wears off. Plan for this, put an hour in which you do nothing BUT concentrate on this, max your time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.