Soaker help on H Will of the Emperior

Our raid comp is listed below. Currently we plan on having the DK go blood but wear his DPS gear which means he can soak all the strength sparks. We also have our hunter soaking every other set of rages because of his 1 min CD on deterrence. After that we have several options but were unsure if there was a better alternative. We have the warlock who can use dark bargain + unending resolve to soak something, and the feral druid can symbiosis the priest to get dispersion to soak as well. Essentially I'm just trying to find the best setup to soak the remaining rages and the courages. Thanks for the help if anyone has any input!

Raid Comp

Prot Warrior / Brewmaster Monk

Holy Paladin / Disc Priest

Warlock
    Hunter
    Boomkin
    Feral Druid
    Ele Shaman
    DK

My 10 man raid is in the same position. This seems impossible without a rogue to feint strengths/courages. We ended up skipping it to progress on other things.

I'm interested to see what others think about making it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Relic2009 View Post
    Our raid comp is listed below. Currently we plan on having the DK go blood but wear his DPS gear which means he can soak all the strength sparks. We also have our hunter soaking every other set of rages because of his 1 min CD on deterrence. After that we have several options but were unsure if there was a better alternative. We have the warlock who can use dark bargain + unending resolve to soak something, and the feral druid can symbiosis the priest to get dispersion to soak as well. Essentially I'm just trying to find the best setup to soak the remaining rages and the courages. Thanks for the help if anyone has any input!

Raid Comp

Prot Warrior / Brewmaster Monk

Holy Paladin / Disc Priest

Warlock
    Hunter
    Boomkin
    Feral Druid
    Ele Shaman
    DK
    Pala can soak every 3min, warlock every 1.5 (dark bargin, unending resolve + voidlord command demon for 30% hp), hunter can soak every 1min (detterence).
    If you're killing every 2nd pack, you should be more than fine. Get your Feral to go guardian to take care of the Str add + soak his shit.

(I haven't downed it myself, have a comp almost like yours but soaking isnt the problem).

You have a couple of options but it highly depends on your RDPS's DPS which I cant see without logs. Have your DK stay in his dps gear as Blood and take care of the strengths + spark and have your kitty go Guardian. Have your Warlock + Bear work together as a team. For every set of rages --> Warlock fears right rage (make sure he has fear glyph + glyph of exhaustion) --> Guardian + Lock slow/stun/kill the left rage ---> Bear soaks the spark then rinse and repeat --> kill the right add --> soak spark --> wait for next rage spawn. Bears automatically take 25% less magic damage so they are a close second to a rogue for soaking repeatedly. Once again it is entirely up to the rest of your DPS. It will be extremely tight since you would be technically running with 4 tanks 2 heals 4 DPS but it is still easily do able as long as the blood dk can take care of his strength. Personally I have always hated the CC multiple Rages and then soak a ton of sparks at once but that's just me. Solo soaking each spark with the same soaker over and over makes this fight far less complicated. Then obviously have your hunter soaking the courage spark. We 5 shotted this boss on H, super easy on 10m. If your able to get your hands on a rogue even if his gear blows etc DO IT. Makes this fight 10000000x easier in 10m and then simply do what I said but have the rogue do what the guardian is doing and have the guardian go back to kitty. But ya while doing this method that im suggesting would completely simplify things idk if your DPS will be able to keep up without getting over run. Still worth it to try it imo.

You have a couple of options but it highly depends on your RDPS's DPS which I cant see without logs. Have your DK stay in his dps gear as Blood and take care of the strengths + spark and have your kitty go Guardian. Have your Warlock + Bear work together as a team. For every set of rages --> Warlock fears right rage (make sure he has fear glyph + glyph of exhaustion) --> Guardian + Lock slow/stun/kill the left rage ---> Bear soaks the spark then rinse and repeat --> kill the right add --> soak spark --> wait for next rage spawn. Bears automatically take 25% less magic damage so they are a close second to a rogue for soaking repeatedly. Once again it is entirely up to the rest of your DPS. It will be extremely tight since you would be technically running with 4 tanks 2 heals 4 DPS but it is still easily do able as long as the blood dk can take care of his strength. Personally I have always hated the CC multiple Rages and then soak a ton of sparks at once but that's just me. Solo soaking each spark with the same soaker over and over makes this fight far less complicated. Then obviously have your hunter soaking the courage spark. We 5 shotted this boss on H, super easy on 10m. If your able to get your hands on a rogue even if his gear blows etc DO IT. Makes this fight 10000000x easier in 10m and then simply do what I said but have the rogue do what the guardian is doing and have the guardian go back to kitty. But ya while doing this method that im suggesting would completely simplify things idk if your DPS will be able to keep up without getting over run. Still worth it to try it imo.

OR have your dk go back to frost / dps gear. Have your kitty go Guardian and act as a rogue (solo soak every single rage spark one at a time as previously mentioned) Have your frost dk still focus on killing the Strength BUT have your hunter soak the Strength spark with deterrence (it will always be up for it) And last have your warlock soak every single Courage spark. For courage spark 1 he should use Dark Bargain only. (Have your holy paladin spec into hand of purity and use it on him when he uses dark bargain to completely nullify the damage for the most part) For the second courage spark the warlock should pop Undying Resolve + 30% HP thingy. So to sum it up

Frost DK works on Stengths but Hunter soaks them. Have your Bear + Ele sham or Warlock working together by CC-ing one rage and killing the other then soaking the spark and proceeding to kill the 2nd rage etc etc etc. Have your lock get courage sparks and win.

Have you tried a 3 tank strategy?

We were in a similar position, and we had our Ret Paladin go prot so he had a CD available for every strength.

I've seen a few videos where a group used a Blood DK as the strength soaker.

We're fortunate enough to have a rogue at our disposal, and ultimately, that is what killed the fight. I feel for your raid comp

Edit: Just saw the "plan on having the DK go blood" , I skipped over it. Definitely give it a try!

With a Shaman and a Boomkin/Hunter, you can CC a pack of rages, and kill them all at the same time when another pack comes out. This way your hunter can soak every killed set of rages.

We tried a CC method in the early pulls of progress, but we opted to abandon it. The trickiest set definitely comes when the Strength comes out, followed 10 seconds later by 2 rages, and 5 second later by a Courage. Survive this, and you're nearly home free.
    Last edited by Shaley; 2013-01-14 at 10:12 PM.

We use a hunter, mage, druid for all the rages. A feral druid for strengths. Alternating lock and one other for courages.

Hunter and Resto Druid (symbiosis to hunter) use deterrence for pairs of rage sparks. Mage and Feral druid both have blinks. There is a small timeframe where the spark is dropping but hasn't exploded yet where you can blink out of it. Lock and other person use regular cds to soak.

Have your warlock soak all courage sparks by alternating Last Stand + Unending Resolve for the first and Dark Bargain + Dark Regen for the second. Have your Blood DK soak all strength sparks. Rotate your Hunter, Shadow Priest, and Druid with Symbiosis Cloak of Shadows for rage sparks (Hunter -> Priest -> Hunter -> Druid -> Hunter -> Priest etc.). Have your feral druid Symbiosis Dispersion and be backup on soaking. Your shaman can also be a backup soaker on a courage spark with Astral Shift. You also have Pain Suppression and Hand of Sacrifice to use throughout the fight as well.

Rages > Pally bubble, feral bubble (symbiosis), hunter deter

Strengths > DK

Courages > Lock

Deleted
    Great combo you have, I think

You have to research on this, but I think it works like this:

2 Rages
    1 Strength
    2 Rages
    1 Courage
    1 Strength
    2 Rages

Boss spawn/"old titan gas phase" - no adds.

Repeat. However what I read is, that the first phase (pre boss spawn) is "tighter" on cd usage, than the others will be (aka spawn timers abit different).

So your rotation should be :

2 Rages: Hunter Deterence
    1 Strength: Bone Shield + AMS
    2 Rages: Feral Dispersion
    1 Courages: Lock Dark Bargain
    1 Strength: Bone Shield AMS
    2 Rages: HOLY PALADIN BUBBLE

- Boss spawns:
    1 Courages: Boomkin Barkskin + Lock Unending resolve
    2 Rages: Deterence

No adds for some time

1 Courages: Lock Dark Bargain

No adds for some time

1 Courages: Boomkin Barkskin + Lock Unending resolve

Note this prob only works if you have 1 melee (and that being a DK in blood spec) and ranged on everything else. You can always replace the DK with a rogue, as Feint/Cloak is win.
    Last edited by mmoc909dfd26c8; 2013-01-15 at 11:06 AM.

Deleted
    Hello i would like advise for our raid setup since i'm a little consurne as we start today and the raid setup is

Tanks Pala / Feral druid
    Healers Holy Pala/Disc Priest

DPS
    BM Hunter
    Ele Shaman
    Enh Shaman
    x2 Warlocks
    Boomkin

We downed it first time this week.

What made it so much easier for us was stamina gearing one of our druids and he switched to guardian(guessing any tankspec with stamina would do), he had about 700k hp raidbuffed so was able to soak 32 sparks himself. only when soaking 2 he needs cd's otherwise he was fine for the whole fight. and then we used others as backups and a lock for courages.

Might not be for everyone but we found it a lot easier and reliable this way !

Don't rule out simply dpsing some of the sparks down when you don't have anyone with a cooldown ready to soak them. They have less than 2mil hp on 10H and with four ranged dps they'll die fast. In my group we kill probably 6-10 sparks during the fight to ease healer mana. We used myself(arcane mage), a lock, and an spriest to dps them down and they just melt in 3-4 seconds.

Obviously you can't kill EVERY spark, but it's something to consider.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dankestbuds View Post
    Don't rule out simply dpsing some of the sparks down when you don't have anyone with a cooldown ready to soak them. They have less than 2mil hp on 10H and with four ranged dps they'll die fast. In my group we kill probably 6-10 sparks during the fight to ease healer mana. We used myself(arcane mage), a lock, and an spriest to dps them down and they just melt in 3-4 seconds.

Obviously you can't kill EVERY spark, but it's something to consider.
    I guess that highly depends on the cds' you use to soak them? Because thats ofc. dps time away from adds/boss - but if you use immunities, like we will - Hunter/DK (DK's take alittle dmg, but he takes the most of all the soakers), Dispersion, Dark Bargain and Iceblock