Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Killing Lowbies = Hours of Fun?

Sigh....unwanted WPvP. Yeah a group of my friends and I had our "fill" of this last night leveling in hellfire peninsula. We decided to go old school not using dungeon finder and just 4 man hellfire ramps to take a break from questing. Instead of having fun doing that we came across a group of 90's (like 10 of em) that seemed to have nothing better to do than gank level 60's and not let them enter the instance. I really don't get this. Who the heck has time to do this and for what reason? You don't get honor....you don't get conquest or any points...so whats the point? Are these the people who always loose in BG's and Arena's so they are instead forced to kill lower level people to make them feel like the are elite? Not mad...just flat out confused by what motivates them.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll quote from a poster on their forums ''I do it to make you guys whine about it I want you to be mad and spread your misery in multiple forums, That's why I enjoy it that you continue to whine until blizzard does something to fix us gankers making you mad''

Pretty Harsh in other words they want your agony.

I kill lowbies myself but don't actively hunt them but If I do see on your sight you will die no way around it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I live in the mountains and have nothing better to do, I live near noone and theres 8 ft of snow outside, it passes the time

Deleted
    They are just some douchbags who find enyoyment in making other people suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by pallyballz View Post
    Sigh....unwanted WPvP. Yeah a group of my friends and I had our "fill" of this last night leveling in hellfire peninsula. We decided to go old school not using dungeon finder and just 4 man hellfire ramps to take a break from questing. Instead of having fun doing that we came across a group of 90's (like 10 of em) that seemed to have nothing better to do than gank level 60's and not let them enter the instance. I really don't get this. Who the heck has time to do this and for what reason? You don't get honor....you don't get conquest or any points...so whats the point? Are these the people who always loose in BG's and Arena's so they are instead forced to kill lower level people to make them feel like the are elite? Not mad...just flat out confused by what motivates them.
    Well yesterday my pvp buddy invited to another realm group where it was 4 2600+ rating pvpers and me a decent pvp geared player just running the circle of burning steppes, all amazing pvpers who could down anyone killing lowbies and anyone who gets in there way. Although what would happen is kill a few lowbies and an entire guild group of 90's in sub par pvp gear would try and take you out and a slaughter fest would ensue.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    I'll quote from a poster on their forums ''I do it to make you guys whine about it I want you to be mad and spread your misery in multiple forums, That's why I enjoy it that you continue to whine until blizzard does something to fix us gankers making you mad''

I kill lowbies myself but don't actively hunt them but If I do see on your sight you will die no way around it.
    This is the reason they give for doing it

Are these the people who always loose in BG's and Arena's so they are instead forced to kill lower level people to make them feel like the are elite?
    This is the real reason they do it

10+ Year Old Account
    If i do engage in World PvP, it is mostly while leveling up alts. If i see someone around my level, i will probably attack them. Though i never farm a single person. I find it fun to test myself in 1v1 when neither is ready. But after the first kill/death it looses the splendor

10+ Year Old Account
    There were seriously about ten people doing it? >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Schweddy View Post
    This is the reason they give for doing it

This is the real reason they do it
    Look at my post, this was a group full of some of the best pvpers i know yet they did it.
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post

But lo and behold, when you face someone with actual skills, you die in a matter of seconds.
    Leaving you frustrated with you own ineptitude. That's what you do to lowbies.

Quote Originally Posted by Dozar View Post
    If i do engage in World PvP, it is mostly while leveling up alts. If i see someone around my level, i will probably attack them. Though i never farm a single person. I find it fun to test myself in 1v1 when neither is ready. But after the first kill/death it looses the splendor
    agreed but when the instigator of the fight is losing and they run to a 90 for safety its not fun its lame... that happened to me while leveling my monk in felwood

Their high level alts kill my low level alts; my high level alts kill their low level alts.

Circle of life, simple as that.

pvp happens on pvp server. nothing new. just have to get over it

Quote Originally Posted by Morvandus View Post
    But lo and behold, when you face someone with actual skills, you die in a matter of seconds.
    Leaving you frustrated with you own ineptitude. That's what you do to lowbies.
    Sounds like this is what pure PVE'ers Think what happens, but in reality every pvp group ive seen or been friends with gank just for fun its kindve a right of passage on pvp realms.
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't played WoW for about a year now, but I remember doing this from time to time. The reason for it is simple. I was bored. Also, aggravating lowbies enough to call for help and then slaughtering any 80's (at the time) that came to their rescue was very very gratifying. Basically I would attack lowbies so they would call for help and then have fun messing around with their rescueers.

I never enjoyed arena's, but I love world pvp. The fact that there are no restrictions and the terrain is ever changing makes it exciting for me.
    And it goes both ways, when I leveled an alt I loved having to watch my back. If I saw a higher level player (skull usually) I could hide behind a tree and wait for them to leave. It's what I love about PvP servers. If you don't like it, go PvE and no one will hurt you.

Personal note: I was always a raider, focusing on PvE and rarely going into battlegrounds or arenas, but I was ALWAYS on a pvp server because I want to kill or be killed.

Side note: After 5 years of playing Alliance, I grew to hate the horde. As such, I never felt guilty of killing horde, no matter what level they were.
    Last edited by Nario64; 2013-01-14 at 08:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It brings back memory back in times pre-Cata, where you have to manually enter a raid, and which ever fraction camped outside first will do their best stopping the other fraction enter the raid instance, that corridor at ICC entrance was brutal XD

And yes, they know for a fact that it pisses you off, and that give them the joy. Surely there are times that other people's suffering give you joy also?

Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Well yesterday my pvp buddy invited to another realm group where it was 4 2600+ rating pvpers and me a decent pvp geared player just running the circle of burning steppes, all amazing pvpers who could down anyone killing lowbies and anyone who gets in there way. Although what would happen is kill a few lowbies and an entire guild group of 90's in sub par pvp gear would try and take you out and a slaughter fest would ensue.
    See 5 Geared pvp'ers taking on an entire pve guild is what world pvp is about. Killing "bait" is just a byproduct.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    There were seriously about ten people doing it? >.>
    CRZ...yes 10.

Oh and don't get me wrong people. I am not AGAINST PvP. If your running or flying by and see a lowbie, I have no issue with killing them and moving on. Im talking about the 90's who actually camp the outside of a 60 dungeon for hours.

Maybe you should move to a RP server. That way you can wax poeticly about how they killed you.