Poll: Same as thread topic - Would you use triple spec if it existed?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I would probably use it but I think spec is so trivialized in this game now. I'd rather 1 spec... it's enough to be able to switch out talents and glyphs all the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    As for me, being a shaman main, I would welcome it. I've played elemental and resto mostly since BC, but I've always said I would play enhance if I didn't have to monkey with redoing keybinds and whatnot every time I wanted to swap it in for one of my other specs. Pure laziness, yes, or convenience if you will. Nothing stopping me from spending the gold to change a spec.
    Download an add-on ABS saver. You can save your bars and just type a command to change them. Takes a couple of seconds. Helped me out a lot.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Triple spec = triple gear grind. Ain't doing it.
    Operation Red Wing

The only problem is bagspace.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    The only problem is bagspace.
    How is bagspace a problem? I currentyly have 2 complete sets of gear for my druid including buff food and other essentials (profession-items etc)
    IM running with 2x22slot and 2x24slot and I have 40+ slots of free bag space atm.
    I could easily clear up more slots if i removed gems etc from my bags and put them in the bank or whatever.

3 sets of gear is no problem if you get atleast get all 22-slot bags which arent expensive at all.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 10:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kunah View Post
    Nope. Triple spec = triple gear grind. Ain't doing it.
    Dont know if this is serious but im guessing it isnt.... anyways, noone is forcing you to get 3 different sets of gear.
    If you dont want to use the third spec, dont

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    How is bagspace a problem? I currentyly have 2 complete sets of gear for my druid including buff food and other essentials (profession-items etc)
    IM running with 2x22slot and 2x24slot and I have 40+ slots of free bag space atm.
    I could easily clear up more slots if i removed gems etc from my bags and put them in the bank or whatever.

3 sets of gear is no problem if you get atleast get all 22-slot bags which arent expensive at all.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 10:52 PM ----------

Dont know if this is serious but im guessing it isnt.... anyways, noone is forcing you to get 3 different sets of gear.
    If you dont want to use the third spec, dont
    yes. I was serious and just answering the question. I despise the gear grind and dont even dual spec now. Three specs is out of
    the question as much as I like all shaman specs.

Now if the gear itemization attributes dynamically changed when you switched specs then I would be all in. agi=int, hit/exp=spirit. etc,etc
    But I guess thats off-topic and another thread entirely.
    Operation Red Wing

Deleted
    Yes, and I'm a big supporter of the idea. Right now I'm Elemental/Enhancement, because that's simply the role I love to play (and we already have a Resto Shaman). Having Resto as a third spec would allow me to valor cap as a Healer, or chase the Healer satchels that have been up for the past month. It would give me another gearset to collect, making me do some extra LFRs.

All in all, with the dual system we have now, and all classes but 1 having 3 specs, I see no reason not to allow us to swap to all 3 specs when we feel like it. There's no rational reason to leave it out, other than either aggravating people by having them re-spec their offspec all the time, or either disallowing players to play their beloved class to its fullest.

There's no such thing as deep character customization in WoW, which was the argument against re-specs/multiple specs in almost every cRPG.

The added flexibility and quality of life would, by far, outweigh the elitist remarks of "AMG we need 1 spec, I gots 999.999 gold I need to burn!".

Quote Originally Posted by BigLeague View Post
    No, No, and moar No. Most of the posters are thinking of the convenience to them, which very well may be valid. However for the game, it's would be horrendous. The vast majority of the community has issues just playing or even choosing their ONE main spec. When you introduce this type of thing, people will use it. Some good players could benefit, BUT most people will not. Some of the drawbacks have already been noted. I'm not completely against a pvp only talent spec, but a universal 3rd spec is just horrible. And how would something like this become avail... Guild perk tied to some achvs the guild must complete. Would bring some community back together.
    List me those 'horrendous drawbacks'. You haven't listed anything. At all.

Lack of bag space is an almost comical counter argument. Just takes some minor bag management on your part. People learning to play a third spec they don't know? Hardly a negative. There's nothing wrong with people getting more accustomed to the different roles of their class.

Quote Originally Posted by Klog View Post
    I would probably use it but I think spec is so trivialized in this game now. I'd rather 1 spec... it's enough to be able to switch out talents and glyphs all the time.
    Oh yeah, it's enough to portal to town to re-spec, re-glyph, re-talent on an encounter-to-encounter basis, or whenever you feel like playing something else for a short period of time.

The added inconvenience really adds to the fun, right?

Quote Originally Posted by kunah View Post
    yes. I was serious and just answering the question. I despise the gear grind and dont even dual spec now. Three specs is out of
    the question as much as I like all shaman specs.

Now if the gear itemization attributes dynamically changed when you switched specs then I would be all in. agi=int, hit/exp=spirit. etc,etc
    But I guess thats off-topic and another thread entirely.
    Getting gear aggravates you? What did you think when signing up for this loot-based game? The entire longevity of the game is based on loot, loot and loot. I've yet to see any guild that simply quits after a raid clear because "they've seen the content".
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2013-01-15 at 11:12 PM.

I would do it, it's not a huge deal since talents are so easy to change on teh fly now but it would be nice to be able to play all 3 specs without returning to a trainer, switching where appropriate and stuff.

Deleted
    Triple spec isn't needed, but it would be nice if it would remind my destro keybinds/button placements if i switched it to demo and back

Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    Not necessarily. Using my paladin as an example, I have no desire to play prot on him. I would be 100% content playing ret and holy.

Of course, I do not speak for the entire world, and perhaps I am providing an exception to a rule.
    This doesn't mean anything. On my paladin, I would never play ret, but I would like to heal and tank raids while healing in arenas. That requires 3 specs.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

I find it weird people would have multiple of the same spec with the new system. It's a few books to change yourself back, doesn't require any movement whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Sorry but we don't need duel spec anymore.
    Sure you don't need it.. Oh wait, let's say your guild 3 heals and 2 tank Gar'jal. Then clears up to Spirit Kings which you 2 heal and 1 tank.. Ten you have to wait till 2 people from your raid heart to Orgrimmar, go to trainers unlearn the specs, learn new ones, reassign their action bars and get back to the raid. You clear the boss quickly, and again you need your tank (That went DPS) to heart back to Org, go to trainer, respec, reasing the bars and go back.....
    Dual spec sure is not helpful in those situations..

I could agree with you only if we got the ablity to switch specs on the fly while in the dungeon/raid with all the bars settings "remembered" through respecs (I know you can achieve it via addons but you shouldn't need everyone in your raid to have them)..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    This doesn't mean anything. On my paladin, I would never play ret, but I would like to heal and tank raids while healing in arenas. That requires 3 specs.
    How, exactly, would you need 3 specs for...2 specs? You would just swap talents within your holy spec to make it more pvp viable. Unless, of course, that's way too much gold to spend on the tomes of clear mind, lol.

Maybe something is lost in translation here.

With the current make up of the talent system there is no real need for triple spec, dual yea, triple no.

If you chose to get gear for a third (shammys for example) the 66 gold sink to change isn't that huge when you finally decide to use it. Esp. when the amount of free gold for dailies is insane.

Deleted
    this would save me allllot of money!!

Current ret and have a Holy/Prot offspec (paying a respec/glyphs/talents when i dont have much time, aswell as swapping action bars/Vuhdo) is a real pain. But you gotta do what you gotta do. Also, this isnt for capping etc. this is for a raidgroup, recruiting isnt very easy!

Much rather they just added a summonable trainer through the guild perks rather than anything else.

That way, Gold sink still there and the time needed to go back to respecc removed.
    Add a 6 or so hour cooldown to the trainer, and make it usable only by GM and people of his or her choice.

And before people say it, no, I sincerely doubt this would cause people to respecc between fights in raids, because there simply is no reason to do it.
    The current Talent system does not require you to go to a trainer in order to do it, and it would not cause people to switch between say: Resto > Balance between fights, as that is was Dual specc is there for.

If people want to switch talents or glyphs, you already have items to do that on the fly, which also are relatively cheap to purchase. (Though people seem to forget this, and use the more expensive way anyway)

Triple specc switching is baseless to add, except for the only class in the game with 4 talent specializations: Druid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

Nope. Hell, I don't even use dual spec. 1 is plenty for me.
    "They don't like it when you shoot at 'em. I worked that out myself." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds

Objects in mirrors are your elbows.

Ciarra: Draenei Enhancement Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Revak View Post
    Just give us a PVP spec tree and separate it. IMO
    I agree 100%

Spend enough on reforging if you want to play a particular spec to it fullest potential.

It would be awesome if they added something like this but it would benefit classes such as priests more than shaman. It is annoying that I either have to keep constantly respecing or be forced to do dailies as a healing spec on my priest. Since some fights are better as holy than disc etc.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

eh? sure il amuse myself with a 3rd spec..my 3rd spec would also be elemental lol.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013