What's with the 8 second CD on status removals?

I haven't played much at max level (still don't have Pandaria) since Pandaria came out, I've actually just been leveling a Paladin on another server again, just for fun. Currently as tank and heals.

One thing I noticed is that I can't quickly heal my whole party of a debuff with Cleanse, and I found out it's that way for all classes. (I know I'm late on this, but I'm just curious)

I've spent a lot of time healing on my druid and was quite accustomed to spamming my dispel to remove all those debuffs on the raid as quickly as possible.

So what's the point of this? How do we handle mass amounts of dispels required? A lot of bosses have mechanics that pretty much require this still, don't they? Do I get something at higher levels to compensate? Seems like a pretty massive thing to change.

Deleted
    It's a perfect example for how PvP-based changes ruin PvE to the point of non-playability.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was also a PVE based decision. They don't want people to mindlessly use decurse and cleanse everything from everyone. Now you have to make decisions who and when to dispell.
    Don't get me wrong, I also think it was heavily based on PVP, but denying it had anything to do with PVE is just plain wrong.

Its not balanced around lower-lvl's 'cause it's not gamebreaking. And there is nothing to compensate at higher lvl 'cause they design with the new cleansing in mind.
    Why not (\/) ( ;,,,; ) (\/)

Priests still have mass dispel which can get the whole raid at once.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mass Dispel is even less spammable than normal dispels though.

So what, do new raids no longer require real spamming of dispels? How do we get by in a game that was balanced around being able to spam it and suddenly not? Sometimes missing a dispel can be fatal.

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    So what, do new raids no longer require real spamming of dispels? How do we get by in a game that was balanced around being able to spam it and suddenly not? Sometimes missing a dispel can be fatal.
    It's not like it was Blizzard who added a cooldown to dispel and some other company which has no clue suddenly came and designed the raids. They know the limitations of it, so they created raid encounters fitting the tools players have available to them.

Yes, there are things to be dispelled in raids, but either planning beforehand on who dispels what/whom, communicating or (on 10s) waiting for the other healer to dispel first so you can dispel the other one works.

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    Most of the problem debuffs either come in small bursts (so that, between the 2-3 healers, all debuffs can be removed) or they apply in an AOE, which is still only meant to hit 1-2 players.

There shouldn't be any situations, when playing correctly, that require more than 1 or 2 dispels.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    I think overall was a good trade off, 8 sec cd but removes all the debuffs (of the applicable type), just wish offensive dispels had the same treatment

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    It's a perfect example for how PvP-based changes ruin PvE to the point of non-playability.
    Non-playability? No.

Annoying? Yes. But "nonplayable" is a bit over dramatic.

To the OP: The answer is you don't dispel everything. You prioritize who gets dispelled and what dispels should be dispelled and what ones should be healed through. In a raid, healers have to coordinate (like Zon'ozz in DS last expac) and communicate who they are dispelling.

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 09:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    Most of the problem debuffs either come in small bursts (so that, between the 2-3 healers, all debuffs can be removed) or they apply in an AOE, which is still only meant to hit 1-2 players.

There shouldn't be any situations, when playing correctly, that require more than 1 or 2 dispels.
    Trash on the way to Elegon comes to mind. Though I do play a priest so I can take care of that once every 15 seconds.

Then again, that debuff is designed to be healed through.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by breydel View Post
    It was also a PVE based decision. They don't want people to mindlessly use decurse and cleanse everything from everyone.
    When it comes to pugging no one ever dispelled anything. No one dispelled twilight shear, no one dispels touch of nothingness on sha, no one dispels stuff off the tank that drops their threat.

Now you have to make decisions who and when to dispell.
    ya, now on fights like Zon'ozz or H Hagara, rather than having healers dispel whomever was in range and needing it, you need to waste time calling out whom you are dispelling. That's not compelling gameplay, it's just ridiculous. For fights where a mass dispel is needed it forces bringing specific class. At least the CD isn't incurred if nothing is removed.

Don't get me wrong, I also think it was heavily based on PVP, but denying it had anything to do with PVE is just plain wrong.
    It was almost entirely pvp related, since aside from a few classes with dot dispel protection, dispel spamming was cheap and a good way to really screw over classes relying on what was being dispelled to deal damage. I can't think of the last time anyone in a pug ever dispelled anything without being told they needed to, including very damaging things. And no, they couldn't heal through it either.

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    In a raid, healers have to coordinate
    But that's the problem. Sometimes I can't count on all other healers to do what needs to be done, so I'd automatically pick up the slack on it. Now I can't, I guess.