Deleted

Lava Burst Travel Speed

I have found after MoP that my lava burst travels very quickly, stretching the spell out and causing it to be very ugly. Is there any reason for the change to this spell and will it ever be reverted to what it was before?

your textures may make it ugly, it looks fine on mine.
    do what you feel.

Deleted
    YES. FINALLY SOMEONE ELSE WHO NOTICED. In fact, both Lava Burst and Lightning Bolt are subject to this. The degree it varies from the old (and the current overload animation, as that one doesn't seem to be affected), I have found, varies from race to race. As an example, Draeneis Lava Bursts are barely visible (and the LBs don't appear before in mid fight), while Dwarves's barely deviate at all.

Yes, I tested this, and I based my choice of race on it. Something along the lines of: Dwarves > Taurens > Orcs > rest (rest are at around the same level, I found). And before anyone questions it: I did this on the training dummies in Orgrimmar, with pots of Illusion, meassuring the difference depending on distance from target (meassured in tiles, very handy), time before LBs would appear (for Dwarves, they appear right at where the dwarf lets go of the spell; for Draeneis, halfway through the cast). I also recorded this to compare the results in spell density, and I'm fairly confident in my results.

I wish they would fix this - I've submitted near a hundred bug reports at this point ever since the launch, still hoping though.

Deleted
    I have noticed the same thing but I don't really mind.
    The faster they travel the less chance that the burst will be wasted on a dying add/mob.
    But yeah, it doesn't look that good anymore.

Don't forget that with echo and overload you might get too much lava bursts/lighting bolts in the air with the old animations

I'm fine with it being fast. It's a burst, which by definition, is something that happens quickly.
    RETH

Deleted
    Lava Burst Travel Speed
    Speed of light, baby. Speed of light.

Deleted
    I notice on my mage also has this problem with a lot of its spells. Searching around the internet I can find no other forum posts about this problem, so I doubt it has been brought to Blizzard's attention.

Re: Speed if you cast a lava burst immediately followed by a flame shock, which will get there first and if it's the flame shock, will the LvB crit?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by houndstooth View Post
    Re: Speed if you cast a lava burst immediately followed by a flame shock, which will get there first and if it's the flame shock, will the LvB crit?
    I found that FS is first but LvB doesn't crit.

Tried with 43ms ping.

Quote Originally Posted by Elapo View Post
    I found that FS is first but LvB doesn't crit.

Tried with 43ms ping.
    It's cast order. When you cast Lava Burst first, even though it hasn't hit the target yet, the target 'knows' it will be getting hit, and apply its modifiers then (or at least that is how it seems). Hence you can see it as there being no real travel time from cast to impact, but instead you get a delay on damage to simulate travel time.
    RETH