Deleted

[FROST] T15 haste capping problems.... what about changing armours?

I've been reading a lot about the problems Frost will be facing in terms of GCD capping with the coming Tier, has anyone considered a swap in Armour and how that would affect the capping issues? I understand that haste after FB GCD is still a marginal increase (Bomb/Orb ticks). However, how does it weigh up in terms of the crit gain. It is possible that we will hit crit cap without the armour help (I haven't seen any BiS lists), but if not, could using MA benefit more, as crit also scales with mastery.

If you disagree, please don't be argumentative about it, simply explain your reasoning and any proof behind it. If you agree, it would be great to hear your thoughts on this.

Halatosis

The haste cap in and of itself isn't really bad. The issue is that caps for frost are so easily obtainable. Haste cap even with changing armor will likely be an issue. Crit cap due to shatter is easy to obtain, leaving us with only mastery which really doesn't increase dps as much as other specs/ classes get from secondary stats that are much more difficult to cap. With the way frost is currently, stat scaling will be really poor, causing the spec to quickly trail behind other specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    The haste cap in and of itself isn't really bad. The issue is that caps for frost are so easily obtainable. Haste cap even with changing armor will likely be an issue. Crit cap due to shatter is easy to obtain, leaving us with only mastery which really doesn't increase dps as much as other specs/ classes get from secondary stats that are much more difficult to cap. With the way frost is currently, stat scaling will be really poor, causing the spec to quickly trail behind other specs.
    The only way they could scale Mastery better is to change it, purely out of PvP balancing, which probably won't happen anytime soon

That, or they'll give us a really good buff just to make Frost viable in 5.2/5.4 to make up for poor balancing (another band-aid fix, similar to 4.3's Fire fix of just buffing it to be as good as/better than Arcane)

(Or, y'know, they could make the Mastery also increase the damage of Frostbolt, Frozen Orb, and our Bomb spell)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    The only way they could scale Mastery better is to change it, purely out of PvP balancing, which probably won't happen anytime soon

That, or they'll give us a really good buff just to make Frost viable in 5.2/5.4 to make up for poor balancing (another band-aid fix, similar to 4.3's Fire fix of just buffing it to be as good as/better than Arcane)

(Or, y'know, they could make the Mastery also increase the damage of Frostbolt, Frozen Orb, and our Bomb spell)
    It still isn't going to scale well with only one useful secondary stat. Making Frostbolt, Frozen Orb, and our Bomb spell scale with mastery would help, but the scaling would have to be pretty high for frost to keep up. Then you'd see some sick burst in pvp which would open us up to even more nerf mages qq.

As long as frost mastery revolves around burst derived from control, Blizz will be unable to balance pvp and pve. It is a pretty obvious problem and whoever thought they could make it work was kidding themselves.
    Last edited by Methusula; 2013-01-15 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    As long as frost mastery revolves around burst derived from control, Blizz will be unable to balance pvp and pve. It is a pretty obvious problem and whoever thought they could make it work was kidding themselves.
    Just like our talents.

And our entire class altogether.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    OK, time to post a little. There's some confusion here.
    It say commonly that frost's mastery resolve around burst on CC. I'm sorry, it's not the case. The mastery work on all freeze target. It's shatter that permit that and all spec have it. Blizzard can give mage less frozen control to other form (like a loop time root) but it will be a lot less fun to play. So, please, leave Mastery as it is.

On capping with T15. It depend on a lot of factor : stat on gear, stat scaling, deep freeze, trinket, et cetera.
    They can change the bonus too.

I think an answer will be find in the next patch or 2.

Deleted
    What about a dispellable dot? Would make balancing a little bit easier, could solve our mastery issue and would be a boost to our mobile dps.