Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The /sigh "I spent the money or time more than once..." Thread

Fellow Warcraft players! I want to hear your gripes, your bellyaches and grumbles over spending either gold or time grinding for an item, mount, pet ect which through various patches has been made redundant.

The Cenarion Hippogryph. On my warlock and later on my Paladin I ground out the rep so I could buy this mount.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seal of Ascension is the only thing I can really think of now that is made redundant :P

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I spent aprox 57k on frost fire shoulders because I was mad I was like

OH HELL NAW HE BID 11K k you know what I'm going to MAKE you pay so much gold - > Bid at 20k - > He bids at 30k - > I put it at 47k - > He put 48k - > SUPER MAD - > Put 57k

oh.. I just did that to myself

G-dammit haha

Anytime I buy gear... :P I don't buy much gear, but if my RNG is horrible for a long time, I may splurge.

Did "What a long strange trip" twice.

I wanted the mount achiev on a new char, 1-2 months later they make mounts account-wide. Way to keep up with the happenings!
    "Fame was like a drug. But what was even more like a drug were the drugs."

not exactly what you're talking about but I mostly did the grind to commander in vanilla for the mount because I didn't have a clue how to make that much money back then. then some patches later they give it out for tokens :\

The obligatory "DUAL SPEC ON 10 CHARACTERS BEFORE COST WAS NERFED" response.

I was mad about it when they first lowered the price, but now that I've learned to make gold, 10k is nothing

Grinding the mats for two Thunderfury and Sulfuras. Only completed the 2nd Thunderfury a few weeks ago and gave up on the second Sulfuras in Cata.

Argent champion's seal mounts, I don't think an explanation is needed.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

I was in a try hard guild in vanilla and BC. After countless hours of dealing with people using us as stepping stone guild the guild master and his RL buddy exploiting raids to gear up their alts, and the final nail in the coffin was when WotLK came out and my gear reset came again that it finally hit me. Every single thing I do in this game will eventually be marginalization and eventually fade into complete obscurity. My time dedicated to the guild meant nothing. The hours spent farming mats were taken for granted. Not once will I ever look back on that time and think man...I had a good time. I didn't. I was constantly frustrated, stressed, and pissed off.

I resolved to stop giving a shit. I stopped having a main. I would play every flavor of the expansion class and put as little effort into the game as possible. Low and behold after I stopped giving a shit blizzard saw fit to make it so I could down the content. Life is funny that way I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by zeekphreak View Post
    Did "What a long strange trip" twice.
    I did that. The worst part is the first guy did it when the fast flying wasn't given to you. I waited for a couple weeks, they said they weren't going to give it away for free, so I paid 5k for it. The next day they changed their minds and started giving it away..

One guy mentioned getting legendaries multiple times, but I do that for fun on my alts. You don't get more achieves but I'm looking forward to (hopefully) transmogging them someday.

I paid for 2 sandstorm drakes, which was a little painful. I also picked up 3 or 4 ironbound proto drakes, although the only achievement that was actually obnoxious to do more than once was "Iron Dwaf, Medium Rare." I dunno, I have almost 15k achieves account wide, so I'm sure I doubled up on a bunch of stuff. What can you do? =)

Deleted
    Such a long list :<

What a long strange trip on 3 chars and almost a 4th
    So many of the tbc factions
    Pre cata loremaster (did it post cata aswell)

Few of them from the top of my head tho the one bothering me the most is pre nerf winterspring sabre :<

I did the talkbuk grind on 7 level 69's in wrath. I had fun doing it though! :P
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    I did the talkbuk grind on 7 level 69's in wrath. I had fun doing it though! :P
    Same here. Two guildies and I decided we all wanted it, so we grouped together and slaughtered ogres for a few hours. Good times indeed.

I guess the only thing I could complain about spending my gold on was the "super fast" mount speed. Can't remember exactly what they called it, but it was the next one above your general epic flying mount speed. It made such a barely noticeable difference that I wanted my gold back before too long.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    I spent aprox 57k on frost fire shoulders because I was mad I was like

OH HELL NAW HE BID 11K k you know what I'm going to MAKE you pay so much gold - > Bid at 20k - > He bids at 30k - > I put it at 47k - > He put 48k - > SUPER MAD - > Put 57k

oh.. I just did that to myself

G-dammit haha
    A DK on my server did this, 124k gold for the Redemption Helm, he got trolled super hard, the other guys were in a fake bid war trying to catch him, and he lost. Priceless moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Youvegotfail View Post
    The obligatory "DUAL SPEC ON 10 CHARACTERS BEFORE COST WAS NERFED" response.

I was mad about it when they first lowered the price, but now that I've learned to make gold, 10k is nothing
    Yuuuuup. 1k a pop. I'm still a little grumbly, I bought it on SO many toons.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskobar View Post
    A DK on my server did this, 124k gold for the Redemption Helm, he got trolled super hard, the other guys were in a fake bid war trying to catch him, and he lost. Priceless moments.
    Now I got to find 25$ irl to transfer more gold over <.< I'm broke on the server now haha

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Kisu View Post
    Argent champion's seal mounts, I don't think an explanation is needed.
    I just bought the ones that were 5 seals and like 400g. Very little difference between the two.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G