Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Stabled Flying Mounts

Hi, you may know me from threads such as WoW Freak Occurences. Today we will explore the concept of keeping your flying mounts stabled until their needed.

The main idea is for flying mounts to have a "one way trip idea". What this means is in contrary to ordinary mounts that you can mount and dismount whenever you please, once you are dismounted you're always dismounted.Flying mounts can only be mounted once and once dismounted you have to go back to your local stables to mount back on to your mount again, so you better pick your destination well.

I know this idea may create certain issues, so I'll list "some" solutions to compliment its implementation.

COST: without the same valuebility flying mounts just can't be worth what it is right now, I'd say there should be about a 1.5k gold decrease of its cost.

Flight Permit: Once a player has completed enough quest on a zone he'd be permitted to fly however he wants for which ever thing he wanted to do in that zone such as farm minerals. I think it is a good idea to add this just so the challenge of questing isn't ruined but still keep some of the usefulness of the flying mount.

The Great debuff: Of course if you had received the permit and you just use it to gank people or escape from world PvP then you can't be allowed to fly for 5 minutes. Also if you join a group you cannot remount once you dismount, this is done so you stay with your groups adventure every bit of the way.
    Last edited by Philosopino; 2013-01-15 at 03:05 AM.

Deleted
    I expected atleast more on the idea when i clicked on this post, but oh well.

Anyways, it's a terrible idea. Having to go all the way back to SW EVERYTIME you want to mount back up again? Just insanely pointless and a huge waste of time.
    And with this, debuff. How are they meant to track how many times you've just flown away from someone as it looked like they were going to attack you?

I know people want rid of flying mounts (for some strange reason), but this is a step in the completely wrong direction.

No. I highly dislike these concepts of paying for using a mount (again). At worst I think there should be a slight longer delay on being able to mount on your flying mount after dismounting on it for PvE or PvP. Not a ongoing cost or quest or anything else.

-Grim

Quote Originally Posted by Moggers View Post
    I expected atleast more on the idea when i clicked on this post, but oh well.

Anyways, it's a terrible idea. Having to go all the way back to SW EVERYTIME you want to mount back up again? Just insanely pointless and a huge waste of time.
    And with this, debuff. How are they meant to track how many times you've just flown away from someone as it looked like they were going to attack you?

I know people want rid of flying mounts (for some strange reason), but this is a step in the completely wrong direction.
    Correction, not stormwind, at your local stable, stables are everywhere. The main idea is flying mounts is strickly for travel not adventure.

If you have decided to land at winterspring then stay at winterspring until you want to leave, if so just head back to everlook and go to your next destination.
    Last edited by Philosopino; 2013-01-14 at 10:56 PM.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    When will this current "Take away flying mounts so we can pretend we're more hardcore now despite them working just fine for a long time now and most people being just fine with them" fad go away?

Maybe we can replace it with "Take away portals to capitals from Dalaran/Shat so we can pretend we're more hardcore now despite them working just fine for a long time and most people being just fine with them"?

Oh wait, we had that pre-Cata! Silly me!

No, if you don't want to use flying mounts don't use them. The rest of us are quite happy with them.

Moving on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am so sick of this shit. Just stop it. You don't like flying mounts? To bad go play another game! You wanna kill people? Queue for BG's. You wanna "explore" quit being a lazy tool and get on your ground mounts and explore. I swear im going to create a million threads to try and get ground mounts removed to see how you all like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shennanigans View Post
    No, if you don't want to use flying mounts don't use them. The rest of us are quite happy with them.

Moving on.
    It is just an idea. But in a way this is practically the same model as Mist of Panadaria's flying mount rule. Right now until you reach level 90 you can't fly anyways because they want you to quest on ground.

The idea is you can use your flying mount anytime for travel, but with restrictions until your done your quest, and also to eliminate flying mounts as a ganking tool. Once you complete your quest its practically the same, you just can't gank with it.

If you look at the idea in a different angle it may be better than the current model for flying mounts.

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 11:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Flalia4 View Post
    I am so sick of this shit. Just stop it. You don't like flying mounts? To bad go play another game! You wanna kill people? Queue for BG's. You wanna "explore" quit being a lazy tool and get on your ground mounts and explore. I swear im going to create a million threads to try and get ground mounts removed to see how you all like it.
    TBH I love flying mounts, but taking ideas from different peoples view, I'm just trying to create of an idea that's good mutually.
    Last edited by Philosopino; 2013-01-14 at 11:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgesh View Post
    It is just an idea. But in a way this is practically the same model as Mist of Panadaria's flying mount rule. Right now until you reach level 90 you can't fly anyways because they want you to quest on ground.

The idea is you can use your flying mount anytime for travel, but with restrictions until your done your quest, and also to eliminate flying mounts as a ganking tool. Once you complete your quest its practically the same, you just can't gank with it.

If you look at the idea in a different angle it may be better than the current model for flying mounts.

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 11:04 PM ----------

TBH I love flying mounts, but taking ideas from different peoples view, I'm just trying to creatr of an idea that's good mutually.
    Except its not good at all. All of those ideas are awful time wasting, fun-sucking, and just flat out stupid.

Please stop trying to reform flying mounts.
    The reason people have stopped adding polls to their flying mount topics is because every time they did 75% of people voted no and it made them look silly...

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    When will this current "Take away flying mounts so we can pretend we're more hardcore now despite them working just fine for a long time now and most people being just fine with them" fad go away?

Maybe we can replace it with "Take away portals to capitals from Dalaran/Shat so we can pretend we're more hardcore now despite them working just fine for a long time and most people being just fine with them"?

Oh wait, we had that pre-Cata! Silly me!
    Amen this is getting Rediculous the Flying mounts work fine.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Another thread wanting to take easy access to the whole world away from those of us that enjoy it. If you don't like using flying mounts, don't use them. None of these ideas have any legitimate issues with the status quo other than personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementalkin View Post
    All of that sounds just awful. I'm not even a fan of PvP, but wouldn't it be much simpler (not saying it would be inherently simple to do) to just allow players to attack and use abilities while mounted, so long as their target is a player who is also mounted correspondingly? If it's an issue in battlegrounds, just make it so that it's disabled in those areas. Again, not saying it would be easy, but it seems like that would solve the "problem" of flying mounts. Plus, imagine the high-speed ground combat, and the insane aerial battles you'd see.
    I know that fantasy but knowing blizzard I don't think they would drastically rework their combat system. Plus it would be very unfair for the unmounted player, unless they can mount up themselves during combat, which would mean they'd have to balance combat for high speed too. Also removing some utilities like the new warlock portals and you obviously can't teach a wolf to roll with someone mounting it. So their gonna limit it to about 3 basic attacks that's equal for everyone. So players still kind of have to dismount for a real fight, I mean I like the idea of chases, but idk if blizzard would do it.

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 11:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Please stop trying to reform flying mounts.
    The reason people have stopped adding polls to their flying mount topics is because every time they did 75% of people voted no and it made them look silly...
    You may be right, Oh well I'll move on to a new idea, any request >.>
    Last edited by Philosopino; 2013-01-14 at 11:32 PM.

Deleted
    What's with all the threads trying to nerf flying lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I wouldnt bother, the current playerbase is against anything to do with making the world seem alive. Inb4 stupid arguments like "just use ground mounts" ect ect.
    Speaking of the world coming alive, view my other thread "WoW Freak Occurrences" its simple but it has a better review than this thread >.>

I actually like the idea of "stabling" mounts and pets, so you can only hold 1 or 2 at a time.

Though making it a billion times easier, it cheapened all the pets/mounts when they're all everywhere at a click of a button and you don't even have to consider what ones you carry with you to use regularly, which you bank, which you'll never use etc.

Keeping them in the stable, and checking a couple out as your mounts/companion pets that you're going to use (just like hunter pets) would be kinda cool.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    The solution to this is simple; if you don't like ganking, don't roll on a PvP server.

There is nothing wrong with flying mounts as they are. Can we please stop all of these solution looking for a problem to fix threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    The solution to this is simple; if you don't like ganking, don't roll on a PvP server.

There is nothing wrong with flying mounts as they are. Can we please stop all of these solution looking for a problem to fix threads?
    Here's the real problem, Players have convinced themselves that if Blizzard provides a convenient option, then that option MUST be taken. Therefore the only way for them to enjoy not using the convenience is to remove it as an option
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    Here's the real problem, Players have convinced themselves that if Blizzard provides a convenient option, then that option MUST be taken. Therefore the only way for them to enjoy not using the convenience is to remove it as an option
    Sounds like a personal problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Sounds like a personal problem.
    aren't most of the WoW "problems" personal problems?
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.