Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    It's the same logic that americans are not allowed in cuba, and cuban merchandise is not allowed in the US. They're using their services, their people's business, and so on as a political bargining chip.

If you can prove you're not in Iraq anymore, they might let you off the hook.
    As long as the account originated in Iran, Blizzard won't risk dealing with the State Department on this.. its too small of a hit to the player base to take on the US Government, now it would be nice to see Blizzard allow for a character/account transfer moving the toon to a new account with no ties to Iran.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckadoodle View Post
    you are mixing discrimination with economic sanctions.. Blizzard is a US company following US law restricting conducting business with Iran.. it has nothing to do with discrimination. There are 8 UN resolutions against Iran ranging from banking, trade and allowing sanctions as well as seperate US and EU sanctions. Warcraft is a victim of these either falling on commerce or technology, pick you poison.
    In yo face voyager. Don't call people retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    You're retarded if you believe discrimnation could be considered legal anywhere in the world.
    Discrimination and sanctions are not the same thing. Maybe you should figure that out before you comment on subjects that you don't understand.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    *reads past posts* o_o

Uh... A-Anyway, I think maybe you should just try to be patient. I do get that you're worried and that you devoted alot to it, but maybe there was just some sort of issue and you just... need to be patient, like I said, and wait for a little while.

Deleted
    First of all thanks for all your posts

about sanctions , i know about them but they are just for ppl that live in iran , but im living in czech republic atm.
    some told me to call them again , but when i first called them , they said we are not in position to help you and the one and only way you can get help is to send your info + prove to that e-mail and wait for them to answer.

even if they're not allowed to open my account for any reason , cant them just send me an e-mail and tell me we cant open it?
    Last edited by mmocb1f429a880; 2013-01-15 at 11:14 AM.

You're retarded if you believe discrimnation could be considered legal anywhere in the world.
    You're retarded if you believe sanctions are discrimination
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Deleted
    it's the new blizzard, they add features so they don't have to do shit for you anymore. and when you ask for it if they want to help you they direct you to the feauture and if it doesn't work they tell you your fucked. Well they don't ban bots but they ban normal players.

Quote Originally Posted by W1NO View Post
    i told him yes my account country was iran because i created it back in 2007-2008 and then i was in iran but now i live in Czech Republic
    Possible reason for ban(?): You were logging in from another country than your account said for a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

10+ Year Old Account
    They can't do that just because someone is in Iran or is Iranian. It's discrimnation.[COLOR="red"]
    They don't really have a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by W1NO View Post
    First of all thanks for all your posts

about sanctions , i know about them but they are just for ppl that live in iran , but im living in czech republic atm.
    some told me to call them again , but when i first called them , they said we are not in position to help you and the one and only way you can get help is to send you info + prove to that e-mail and wait for them to answer.

even if they're not allowed to open my account for any reason , cant them just send me an e-mail and tell me we cant open it?
    Unfortunately I don't think you'll be getting your account back. The fact that you admitted you have lived in Iran, means possible conflict for them. They could be checking out the data you've emailed them with their legal department, but I'd be very surprised if they re-activated your account. Are you a permanent resident of the Czech republic now or just living there? If you don't have PR, on their end it means there is a chance you may go back to Iran, so that may be why. I would give them a follow up call - just to check on the status of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liliannan View Post
    Unfortunately I don't think you'll be getting your account back. The fact that you admitted you have lived in Iran, means possible conflict for them. They could be checking out the data you've emailed them with their legal department, but I'd be very surprised if they re-activated your account. Are you a permanent resident of the Czech republic now or just living there? If you don't have PR, on their end it means there is a chance you may go back to Iran, so that may be why. I would give them a follow up call - just to check on the status of it.
    no im just studying here , but will be here for several years , and who knows what happens after that.

all im asking now after 18 days is an answer , they can say ok you've proved us that you dont live in iran so here's your account go have fun.
    or they can tell me we cant do anything for you and we cant give you back your account.
    ALL that im asking is an answer...

Deleted
    I really don't see this falling into any category of a sanction when it's about a person having a license (battle.net account) to a game service. IMO you should keep trying to contact Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasami View Post
    I really don't see this falling into any category of a sanction when it's about a person having a license (battle.net account) to a game service. IMO you should keep trying to contact Blizzard.
    Because it was registrered in Iran...

Anyway, since they've mentioned the option of proving you no longer live in Iran, that's pretty much your only choice.
    And NEVER wait for e-mail responses. From any major company. Ever.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Because it was registrered in Iran...

Anyway, since they've mentioned the option of proving you no longer live in Iran, that's pretty much your only choice.
    And NEVER wait for e-mail responses. From any major company. Ever.
    you may be right that i should not wait for the e-mail response , but the others dont help , when i call them or make ticket with another account , i made a thread at customer support forums on battle..net (they closed the thread when i was angry because no one is responsible) , they say we cant help you , they say the only way is that e-mail address (its specially for cases like this) and i sent them twice but no response...

here's the e-mail i had after i called the customer support phone number and is exactly what he told me on the phone :

Greetings Keyvan,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Blizzard Entertainment Customer Support.

Blizzard Customer Support channels are not in a position to assist this account with any technical or account issues through the Support Site. Instead we must direct all questions to the following email address:

Email: support-request(at)blizzard..com

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.
    Last edited by mmocb1f429a880; 2013-01-15 at 12:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    This has nothing to do with the "new" Blizzard Entertainment. It is called economic sanctions and you would think as often as the "new" Blizzard Entertainment is called greedy it would be obvious to people that this isn't an ideal situation for Blizzard to lose paying customers due to federal law that they can not violate.
    Have you bothered to read the OP? Because, as far as I know, there are no trade sanctions to the Czech Republic.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 02:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Liliannan View Post
    It doesn't matter if he's permanent resident or not. The trade sanctions apply to Iran and Iran alone. He's now in the Czech Republic, so not in Iran, therefor the trade sanctions do not apply. The trade sanctions do not apply to Iranian people, the trade sanctions apply to the people living in the country of Iran. If you were american and living in Iran, it would apply to you. If you are Iranian and live somewhere else it does not apply.

This is all about trade between nations. It applying to a certain people, and not a country would be discrimination and as such it would be illegal under international law and US laws.

Deleted
    Why are people still discussing Iran? He no longer lives there which means there is no sanction. If you prove to them you don't live there and they don't listen you could probably take it futher if you really had the time/effort.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    If you can prove you're not in Iraq anymore, they might let you off the hook.
    Shouldn't a IP trace prove where he's playing from ? Just a thought & since it would be consistent after the move, that in all theory prove he's no longer living in Iran.
    ( I'm sure some people in Iran get around the block with a proxy but I'm only theorizing this )

EDIT: I know they INSTA-BAN accounts say if the IP changes. I know they did with mine since I went to me mum's house and played there while I was looking after the pugs.
    Last edited by Dark_light_uk; 2013-01-15 at 12:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskobar View Post
    You're borderline stupid, sanctions are not only legal but all around the world, there's sanctions against North Korea, Iran and several African countries, educate yourself, don't be an idiot.
    Actually he's right. The sanctions apply to the countries, to Iran, North Korea and those african countries. The sanctions do not apply to the people born of said countries living in other countries. THAT would be discrimination and illegal. You educate yourself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Have you bothered to read the OP? Because, as far as I know, there are no trade sanctions to the Czech Republic.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 02:29 PM ----------

It doesn't matter if he's permanent resident or not. The trade sanctions apply to Iran and Iran alone. He's now in the Czech Republic, so not in Iran, therefor the trade sanctions do not apply. The trade sanctions do not apply to Iranian people, the trade sanctions apply to the people living in the country of Iran. If you were american and living in Iran, it would apply to you. If you are Iranian and live somewhere else it does not apply.

This is all about trade between nations. It applying to a certain people, and not a country would be discrimination and as such it would be illegal under international law and US laws.
    Indeed

Forget about sanctions , guyys. blizzard staff told me that they can give me my account back if i prove that i dont live in iran.
    the problem there isnt sanctions , the problem is why it took so long for them to answer , 18 days without any answer is making me crazy...

Call them, explain how much money you've put into this fucking game and make a scene, you'll probably get your account back.