Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Everyone i know keeps telling me i'm old even my gf :P
    Gold diggers.. Can't live without em', ey?!

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    This is a pretty stupid thing to say. More dps is helpful no matter what level of progression you're at. Having higher dps allows more mistakes and for many boss fights, lowers the burden on healers.

Anyhow, back on topic. Rogue dps at low gear levels is below average. However, we scale like mad, and in 5.2 I predict we'll be one of the top dps.

What I meant was that if your not in a top tier guild or a progression guild there isn't a point of going to another class because he does 1-5 percent more dps.

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    What I meant was that if your not in a top tier guild or a progression guild there isn't a point of going to another class because he does 1-5 percent more dps.
    At this point, you should have far more gear than any dps requirement actually needs and if you really are lacking dps, your raid has a l2p issue. That said, there are certainly multiple reasons that some one not in a top tier progression guild might want another class / some one to reroll another class instead of a rogue, and I would think that it is even far more likely if its a 10m guild.

Fine, but uninteresting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    Once geared, and by that I mean epics, our dps is just fine. Our problems are elsewhere. My dps the first couple weeks when everyone was in blues was on the lower end of the meter. Dps in dungeons while gearing in heroics was also a little on the low side (in guild groups, lfd groups most people are horrid so your class doesn't matter).

Don't let some of these people (such as the above) scare you. I play a recently "dinged" 90 Rogue (Assassination). My gear is a mix of greens and blue's. The highest ilvl on any item I have is a couple 463's, or heroic 5-man level stuff. Currently I have no problem with damage when grouped with people in similar gear. On large groups or trash I can hold my own. And on bosses I'm usually 5%-10% higher than the next person in damage. The only place I suffer is with small groups of trash, say 3-4 npc's. This is because Assassination has no viable "cleave" and the group is really too small to make FoK worth anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    Don't let some of these people (such as the above) scare you. I play a recently "dinged" 90 Rogue (Assassination). My gear is a mix of greens and blue's. The highest ilvl on any item I have is a couple 463's, or heroic 5-man level stuff. Currently I have no problem with damage when grouped with people in similar gear. On large groups or trash I can hold my own. And on bosses I'm usually 5%-10% higher than the next person in damage. The only place I suffer is with small groups of trash, say 3-4 npc's. This is because Assassination has no viable "cleave" and the group is really too small to make FoK worth anything.
    Sorry to tell you this, but if that is true then the people you are playing with suck. Our dps in blue gear was well documented in logs during the first week of raids this expansion. But yeah if he also is playing with people far below his skill level, he may be able to be 5-10% ahead. My statements (and those who said similar things) were based on the assumption of roughly equal skill and gear.