[Boomkin] Int/Crit VS Solid Crit

I was mucking around in wrathcalcs, swapping some gems around just out of curiosity.
    Would Int+crit gems grant me more dps than solid crit for my gear level?
    Or
    Should I stay solid crit gemmed?

Looking for some insight from moonkins who are better than myself/have more math knowledge on this

Armory in Sig

I'd say stick with your gemming as is, using solid crit gems in yellow sockets is more beneficial. My general gemming strat. is as follows:
    Red: Int / crit
    Yellow: Crit
    Blue: Spirit / Crit

Deleted
    You have too much Haste, you only need 3706 with the 4-set tier bonus. You could probably squeeze some extra crit from reforging, like the Haste on your chest into Spirit and then you can reforge your belt into Crit. As for gemming it looks fine. I copy a top ranked player on my realm and he does the same thing, 320 Crit in Yellow, Int/Crit in Red unless you are a JC then it's 320 Int and Crit/Spirit in Blue sockets.

reforge like this

Head : HasteRating -> HitRating
    Shoulders : MasteryRating -> CritRating
    Chest : HasteRating -> HitRating
    Waist : HasteRating -> CritRating
    Legs : MasteryRating -> CritRating
    Feet : Spirit -> CritRating
    Wrists : Spirit -> HasteRating
    Hands : HasteRating -> CritRating
    Ring1 : CritRating -> HitRating
    Trinket1 : HasteRating -> CritRating
    Back : MasteryRating -> CritRating
    MainHand : MasteryRating -> HitRating

dont change gems

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can put a hit/crit gem in the blue socket in your belt, which will save you from having to do the Crit to Hit reforge on your ring (which basically turns this gem into 320 crit, so you won't lose any Crit). You now also get the 120 spirit socket bonus which will free up another Reforge, likely leading to 120 more/free haste.

It's almost never correct to ignore a socket bonus like you did in your belt. Even if the gem switch did result in a loss of Crit because you have nowhere else to reforge (which is not your case so it's win/win) it would still be better to not ignore the socket bonus. Assuming the 120 spirit socket bonus will lead to 120 Haste, 120 haste + 160 haste (the spirit from the green gem) is more DPS than the 160 crit you gain by using the Smooth in the blue socket.

I had been staying up at the 5273 breakpoint becasue i like actually casting spells during attenuation type abilities, will give it a whirl and see what happens

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    I had been staying up at the 5273 breakpoint becasue i like actually casting spells during attenuation type abilities, will give it a whirl and see what happens
    If you have your 4pc, you should already be going straight crit and dropping your haste low. The whole point of stacking crit is to push through eclipses with less casts and more starsurge procs. Once you make the swap, you'll notice a huge difference. :P
    Bawkasaur - Feral PvE | Bawk - Feral PvE - Youtube - Twitter - Website - Twitch

Could someone help me with reforging out of haste to gain more crit. I've been trying to get it to 3706 but i can't seem to do it.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...irios/advanced

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Otsoko View Post
    Could someone help me with reforging out of haste to gain more crit. I've been trying to get it to 3706 but i can't seem to do it.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...irios/advanced
    Your gems looks good to me, here's how the reforging should be with your gems:

Head : CritRating -> HitRating
    Neck : HasteRating -> HitRating
    Shoulders : MasteryRating -> CritRating
    Chest : HasteRating -> HitRating
    Waist : HasteRating -> CritRating
    Legs : HasteRating -> CritRating
    Hands : HasteRating -> CritRating
    Ring1 : HasteRating -> HitRating
    Trinket1 : HasteRating -> CritRating
    Back : HasteRating -> CritRating
    MainHand : HasteRating -> MasteryRating

Did people decide somewhere that crit/int gems are better than crit/expertise gems? This of course assumes that you aren't at a point where the extra hit is wasted, but he doesn't seem to be at this point.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HarleyM View Post
    Did people decide somewhere that crit/int gems are better than crit/expertise gems? This of course assumes that you aren't at a point where the extra hit is wasted, but he doesn't seem to be at this point.
    It depends on your gear, most of us at high gear levels already have either Crit on every piece or every piece reforge to Crit, meaning the extra hit would only correlate to more Haste.

I used Crit/Exp gems for awhile at lower gear levels. There also isn't that many red sockets, so it's a moot point anyway.