Should I bother using a different browser on my Android?

On my PC, I won't touch IE. I always use something else. On the phone, what advantages are there to using a different browser?

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends.

On ICS, the webkit-based stock browser is ok, though it lacks some features and the javascript engine (Webkit's old JavaScriptCore, rather than the newer SquirrelFish, which is x86-only.) is somewhat lacking compared to Chrome's V8 and others.

On JB (at least devices that came with JB already on it, not as an update), Chrome is the stock browser and is basically everything you could want in your browser.
    Last edited by Masark; 2013-01-14 at 09:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Chrome browser integrates with desktop Chrome. Dolphin is the Firefox of Android, I believe its usually ranked as the fastest browser if you tweak it right. Firefox is stable, not the fastest though. The Opera app is very good if you have data issues. Haven't played with other browsers.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    The Chrome browser integrates with desktop Chrome. Dolphin is the Firefox of Android, I believe its usually ranked as the fastest browser if you tweak it right. Firefox is stable, not the fastest though. The Opera app is very good if you have data issues. Haven't played with other browsers.
    I'm just kind of wondering where I might most notice a difference. I mean, I don't do the majority of my web browsing on the phone, but I've yet to have any "problems" with anything.

Anyone telling you to use any Android browser other than Dolphin is doing it wrong.

Last I checked, Chrome for Android (surprisingly) had several memory leak issues that caused it to eventually grind your phone to a halt even when it was only open in the background.

SkyFire can suck a dick and so can Opera mobile.

Dolphin works exactly like Google Chrome for Windows/OS X/Linux.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Anyone telling you to use any Android browser other than Dolphin is doing it wrong.
    Or are suspicious of them following a little incident in 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Or are suspicious of them following a little incident in 2011.
    Your link says it's fixt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Your link says it's fixt
    "fixed" presumes it was done by mistake, hence the "suspicious of".

Deleted
    I use Firefox simply because it sinks my bookmarks and tabs from PC to phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    "fixed" presumes it was done by mistake, hence the "suspicious of".
    When companies say stuff and I have no reason to mistrust them... I tend to trust them.

Mostly because if they're lying they're open to huge lawsuits.

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    I'm just kind of wondering where I might most notice a difference. I mean, I don't do the majority of my web browsing on the phone, but I've yet to have any "problems" with anything.
    I love dolphin because it has a tab toolbar on top instead of hitting the change tab button.