Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Unless they add more than just a daily hub and a meh thing to do on the side (Brawler's guild is fun for about an hour or so, then it gets meh), I can't say I agree with this being "far better". I'm not expecting a raid tier or anything, but maybe a dungeon or some questline (THAT ISN'T TIED TO A DAILY HUB) or some random fun thing to do (Dailies aren't considered 'fun things').

I feel like if they made Brawler's guild give some decent rewards at rank 7-8, I'd actually be pushed to do them, and that might have been enough content (that, or gating you to 1 rank a week, but you're still allowed to fight ANY of the bosses you've killed previously). Once I hit 7, I just stopped because it didn't feel worth it, plus it got boring.
    Again whether you like the content or not it is still content and it is still being released faster than ever before. What is it you DO want? Do you even know? Or are you just bitching for the sake of bitching?

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 03:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Veliladon View Post
    If you really like dailies why don't you just make an alt and start from scratch? It's essentially the same "kill X of Y" shit for 90 levels. Plus the lore is better.
    And yet again what is it you DO want? Endless raids and dungeons and nothing else? Fuck all the other players and what they want? Really? Look not all content has to involve locking away players in instances and nothing else. This game has lacked open world content for a long time and given how much whining there is over LFD/LFR I'm quite baffled as to how this is even remotely an issue.

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 03:09 PM ----------

Done as in now? I finished that weeks ago. The questline I actually really did like, but it was chunked between super boring and repetitive dailies.

Something I would have liked better would be a throwback to older expansions' world PvP events, like the ones in Silithus or Eastern Plaguelands for random examples. Instead, they've forced us to PvP via dailies and doing Battlegrounds (You need to win a ToK and SSM to get the Eye of Black Prince, which, btw, is part of the RAIDING LEGENDARY questline... -_-). If this expansion was actually tailored to PvP (which they said it was from the start), then why the fuck don't we have World PvP events? Every expansion has them except MoP (BC had Hellfire Peninsula, Terokkar Forest, and Nagrand events, LK had Wintergrasp, and Cata had the (god awful, but at least they HAD one) Tol Barad). 5.1 would have been the absolutely PERFECT way to introduce actual World PvP events. There are no rewards and no real incentive to capture the 6 nodes in Krasarang because they don't give anything. The towers give 1% extra damage, the graveyards let you run back to your body faster, and the other two increase your movement/mounting speed. I don't get why they were even made in the first place.
    What? Huh? Are we seriously going to start claiming that the world pvp content added late in vanilla wow was even remotely good or enjoyable? Seriously? Is that how far you are willing to go in order to bash the game?

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 03:11 PM ----------

Seriously though, if they actually want us to PvP, pushing us to do battlegrounds in our PvE Legendary questline is probably the most retarded way to do it (because then it pisses off the BG players who are there to PvP because they see a bunch of PvE geared players coming in for their legendary quest). They could have made such an amazing idea (like Wintergrasp), but chose to just completely ignore it.

Btw, this is coming from a guy who spends most of his time PvEing, and very, VERY lightly/casually PvPing on the side. Back during LK, I did WG ALL. THE. TIME., and it was more than just for doing VoA. IT WAS FUN. IT HAD SOME REWARDS. Not to mention it was just downright awesome. I still wish to this day they actually added the flight vehicles they originally planned, but scrapped.
    Because waiting for a legendary item to drop in a raid is oh so much fun and better.

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 03:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Its bullshit. It ends up being the same 6+ months between raid patches. I don't care about stupid fucking daily quests.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 12:20 PM ----------

I found the troll patch to be significantly better than 5.1. Your anecdote is no better than mine.
    Releasing 5.2 around 4 months after Mop and 2 months after 5.1 is the same amount of time as the 6+ months between tiers 11 and 12? What? I really don't get these responses I'm seeing in this thread. People are really bending over backwards to have something to bitch about and lacking that they just flat out make shit up to be angry over.

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 03:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eike View Post
    don't care till they give me back a way to gear up my alts to do lfr in a few days instead of weeks/months.
    Not going to happen. Sorry.

5.3 would be a nice opportunity to add a new batleground, among a few other things to help people stay occupied until Siege of Orgrimmar. 5.3 will obviously advance the story to the point where Garrosh really loses it and does something very bad, which then leads to the new raid tier.

Quote Originally Posted by MewtwoC View Post
    Yep guess it's just gonna be more and more dailies...awesome ;/
    And yet again what the fuck do you fucking want instead? Jesus christ.

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 03:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge78 View Post
    It's not more content, they are taking the content that used to come in 1 raid patch and removing all the non-raid stuff and moving it into smaller patches released a little earlier. So you get the same amount of content, just every 3-4 months instead of every 6-8 months. It's a good strategy, but by no means are they expending any extra effort than they ever did before (except during Vanilla which is the last time they worked hard to earn subscriptions).
    What? Releasing a content patch 2 months after an expansion and then releasing a raid 2 months after that is 6 months? What? Your math is a bit off.

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 03:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    As long as we see more stuff than a handful of dailies.
    Again such as what? I keep seeing people say this but never ever say what they DO want instead. I'm all for having new types of content but for many players dungeons/raids are just as boring as dailies are to you. Why can't we have both? Why can't players suggest something actually different than we didn't have before?

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 03:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Narrax View Post
    They have been saying they want to reduce time between expansions since they released TBC, but yet we end up with a year of ICC and 8 months of DS, you think they're going to fit in 4 tiers in 18-20 months? Naive, I say. If they do I will be incredibly surprised, but at the same time the 3rd raid tier will be a shitty filler raid most likely and suck, and not be compelling lore wise. Plus, SoO sounds like a DS repeat with the rehashed zoning, which so many people hated (lets hope the final fight is better).

If they add new daily quests in, I dont really care here nor there, but it would be nice for them to increase the rep the old dailies give so a newer player isn't overwhelmed. The dailies are really just about keeping you busy and give you something to work towards until the next content comes out, so making the other factions easier to obtain would be nice.
    Huh? 8 months between DS and Mop isn't faster than 1 year between ICC and Cata? Is anyone capable of simple math anymore or are you playing dumb in order to have something to bitch about?

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Not going to happen. Sorry.
    They are already creeping that way next patch. By the latter half of this expansion they will once again realize that people like playing their alts and will allow you to gear up much quicker than you do currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    5.3 better freaking have not a single daily faction and nothing but 5-mans. Hell, I'd even be happy with no new scenarios.

This bullshit of "back then you HAD to heroics and now you don't HAVE to do dailies" is utter stupidity.

Back then we were fine with HAVING to do heroics because each one was steeped in lore, quests, mini-raid mechanics and coordination and there were LOTS OF THEM. Basically cutting the number of heroics by half and giving us "more content" in the shape of scenarios and dailies is utter bs that no one should accept.
    I know this may be shocking for you to realize but different people like different things. Again whether you like dailies/scenarios or not it is still content just the same.

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 03:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    I feel like scenarios are a waste of time and development. I get the feeling people only do it once to see the place/story and then never again.
    And yet again different people like different things. As much as Blizzard takes player feedback into consideration, every single one of their design decisions is based on metrics and cold hard numbers and facts. If they are adding more dailies and scenarios guess what that means? Players are doing them and as quite evident on the forums there isn't a clear majority on who likes what.

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 03:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Hopefully we will get some dungeons instead... Blizzard keeps throwing more trashy scenarios at us instead of real dungeons. And for the love of god... please no more dailies
    Sorry but no. I enjoy dailies and scenarios and want more of them and I'm not alone in that. You speak for no one else but yourself.

As expected and I'm digging the expansion. I've actually eased off playing as much (I'm probably more akin to my TBC and Wrath playstyle than my "fill the server with max level alts" of Cata) and having a blast.

I actually like logging in and the only real thing I "need" to do is a scenario and daily heroic and everything else is a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    Dailys are not content- hell scenarios are hardly content. Not quite instance wastes of time
    It is content. Again what DO you want instead? I might have more respect for those who shit all over dailies incessantly and mindlessly if they ever bothered to back up their opinions on content with what they would prefer to see instead and without it being at the expense of those who DO enjoy dailies and scenarios. You aren't the only player in Wow and you speak for no one but yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    Dailys are not content- hell scenarios are hardly content. Not quite instance wastes of time
    Define "content". If it's more Five-mans..unless they go back to what they were in Vanilla..they grow old really easily. More raids? We're already having three spread apart raids, along with a new super big instance coming up.
    What other content do you add in a pureley Raiding, PVP, and Questing game without both rushing it out(Dragon Soul), or delaying way to long(Firelands)?

Kinda puzzled how people can possibly like dailys... it may be a fun experience to do them the first time, but whats the fun in doing them over and over again? I'd rather have new dungeons

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Kinda puzzled how people can possibly like dailys... it may be a fun experience to do them the first time, but whats the fun in doing them over and over again? I'd rather have new dungeons
    I love new dungeons, but you can lob the same argument at them. Fun the first time, but what's the fun doing them over and over ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    After the 3rd time I ran Grim Batol or Stonecore it got pretty damn boring. And having to run a heroic dungeon for gear on an alt that I had already run so many times on my main? Ugh. ANY content gets boring after the first few times.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is actually kind of the way I thought Cataclysm was going to turn out. Wasn't expecting them to have the Deathwing fights on 4.3.

But this is the way it should be like I said in the past during Cata. Come out with content faster but don't put out too much content to overwhelm the population. Which they did at the start of MoP but it's settling down at the right level now. (*cough* dailies.)

I expect by the time MoP comes to an end, it should be around Patch 5.7 or 5.8 if they release patches every 3 months. I'm actually surprised they're doing well with this. They said this during Cata but it ended up slower than they even thought possible. Blizzard seems to be taking MoP in a good direction with content.
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shininglight View Post
    This is actually kind of the way I thought Cataclysm was going to turn out. Wasn't expecting them to have the Deathwing fights on 4.3.
    I could be wrong, but I think Blizzard wanted to get away from Cataclysm as quickly as possible.

I'm enjoying this expansion as a whole so far. Plenty of things to do and see and they're expanding on the story with brand new micro-arcs that still pertain to some of the macro-arcs. I like the idea of raids -> off-raids -> raids -> off-raids as a patch cycle, so no raid in 5.3 does not bother me. It gives me time to catch up, but gives Blizzard time to release some decent new content while spending a greater amount of time putting out a new raid.

I'm ready for 5.2

Yeah, NO MORE DAILIES. Lets have something new, unique, fresh and exciting like... crafting quests or fields FULL of mobs to grind /sagenod.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Good. This is what they said they wanted to do, and this would be the first time since the game was made that they actually release content like this if they repeat the current trend. Especially if they give us something to do in-between, I think 6 months-ish per raid tier is about right without rushing those who are actually still progressing after 3 or 4 months while giving the top guilds just enough time to get everyone in complete BiS stuff before they totally get bored. They can build upon the story much better this way, too.

Either way, I'd rather have fun, polished, and larger raid tiers than half-assed shit like we got in Cata 4.1 and onwards.

5.3 will probably be the lore build up patch for the raid on Org / Garrosh in 5.4.

I would guess Dalaran will go to around where Theramore was and they will start staging attacks.

Im personally ok with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    i def want to see some awesome lore in 5.3

,maybe some worgen/forsaken

Deleted
    We already knew that.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    i def want to see some awesome lore in 5.3

,maybe some worgen/forsaken
    After all the foreshadowing in Cata, Sylvanas has been awfully quiet in Mists. Maybe something with Vereesa ?

Do wonder if they've kept Sylvanas under wraps as basically a way of walking back on the direction they seemed to be heading with her in Cata, although her storyline there helped me predict the Horde civil war we seem to be headed towards -- although earlier on I was thinking that Garrosh might have one or more Horde races stand with him rather than just various Orc clans. I don't see the SoO trash being all Orcs tho ... maybe some Grimtotems and Mogu ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.